Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I've been using Dan's BP for about a year now and it is working well for my acne. However, it does appear to make my face quite red. This redness isn't necessarily sore - just red.

How can I continue to reap the benefits of Dan's BP, but lose the redness?

Can I use the BP every other day instead of once a day (as I have been doing) - would this reduce redness? Would it still keep my acne clear?

You could try reducing the amount of BP you use, and keep using it once a day. Or maybe just use it every other day. Remember that you need about two weeks per variation to see how your acne responds to it.

I know I had to reduce from using two pumps twice a day to using one pump once a day. It keeps me clear, and prevents my face from drying out. Dan's moisturizer may also be a part of the problem for me, though, so I'm looking for alternatives.

The effect is rather subtle for me. I can use two pumps twice a day and moisturize on top for about 3-4 days before my skin starts to look worse enough to notice. If I keep going my acne condition doesn't change but my skin dries out horribly, and Dan's moisturizer doesn't fix it.

I have only been using the regimen for a short while, but my experience so far is that if I use too much BP my face gets really red. I probably upped the amount too fast (although following the instructions, it differs from every individual), so I'm taking it a bit slower now.