Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breezyyy

I'm a guy and I was wondering if i can use cover up on my cheeks and get away with it....

any suggestions? PLEASE. i don't have that much acne its just my cheeks get so red and i need to cover it up QUICK in like 2 weeks. will people notice if i use cover up? btw im straighter than a line lol

Edited by breezyyy

Hmm, you could try a mineral make-up. That shouldn't clog pores. Be careful with liquid foundations. There are some make-ups out there, that are designed specifically for a male's skin.

Try these links:

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

I've been doing it for about 4 years and only gotten called out on it twice. Once was my best friend and he just asked me one day, back in senior year of high school, if I was wearing make up. I was like, "no why would I do that?" and he said "I don't know" and that was it, lol. The second time this girl at my church said it looked like I was wearing make up but I just changed the subject really fast. Both times though I think it was just because I was lazy and didn't do it very well. No one has said anything in a few years. Anyways, I use this stuff my mom gets for me, just some liquid stuff idk I guess it's foundation, it doesn't say on the tube. It works but let me warn you: If you start doing it you basically can't stop. I have accumulated so many red marks over the years that if I one day just decided to go hang with my friends without putting any on they would be like, "whoa what happened?"

Edited by bdonpowerlifter

I've been doing it for about 4 years and only gotten called out on it twice. Once was my best friend and he just asked me one day, back in senior year of high school, if I was wearing make up. I was like, "no why would I do that?" and he said "I don't know" and that was it, lol. The second time this girl at my church said it looked like I was wearing make up but I just changed the subject really fast. Both times though I think it was just because I was lazy and didn't do it very well. No one has said anything in a few years. Anyways, I use this stuff my mom gets for me, just some liquid stuff idk I guess it's foundation, it doesn't say on the tube. It works but let me warn you: If you start doing it you basically can't stop. I have accumulated so many red marks over the years that if I one day just decided to go hang with my friends without putting any on they would be like, "whoa what happened?"

oh wow really?? im gonna start doing it. i just hope that my skin wont look TOO perfect u know? then itll be obvious that im using it.

btw im straighter than a line lol

:lol:

i think mineral makeup gives nice, natural coverage. if you're gonna use it, most mineral makeup is designed to work with a brush, so i would suggest a kabuki or flat top buffer brush. makeup can be really confusing. i still think it is, and i've been using it for a long time.

before you go out, after using your cover up, check to see what it looks like in natural daylight. that's the most honest light. you might also want to use a primer. that helps the foundation blend easier, and stick to the face longer.

i do it sometimes, only when i want to impress or meeting a girl whom i have the hots for lol. otherwise i couldnt care what people think of my face tbh.

if they dont like it. tough.. they will get over it.

but poster somewhere that said once you do it you wont be able to stop. cause if you look 100% (or close to it) infront of your mates, the day they see you without the cover up they might be taken back.

ive been called on it twice, once by accident. a mate went, you wearing make up mate, i said erm just on a spot on my nose yeh why, he said oh really? i was just joking cause you had shiny lips (from my lip balm lol) and i was thinkin darn i gave it away

then another time a girl mate picked up on it

but i rarely use it now, as i say it dont bother me. when you go to a night club its so dark etc no one will even notice or be to drunk to give a monkey.

if there is going to be a camera then yeah i will make an effort. one time i looked back at some photo's and i thought wtf has happened to me lol

looked like a rabies zombie victim (horrible skin and drunk eyes) not attractive

Edited by .JacktheLad.

oh i see. but i hope i dont get caught if i do. ive never done it before. so is there a limit to how much i put on that it wont look too caky? i mean do u even notice that u put anything on ur skin after u put on mineral foundation?? or is it barely obvious

If you're worried someone will notice, I'd suggest trying it out and asking the opinion of a trusted friend or family member before venturing out into the world. A couple of things to think about are color-matching (it will be really important to find the exact right shade), and how oily your face gets throughout the day. My face is oily, and my makeup practically slides off halfway through the day. It's pretty noticeable on me...

i really hope this works... aNybody else have experience with this?? id really appreciate it if you can share!

im a bit shy to tell this but yes everytime i go out, i wear make-up...but im a guy...its my acne that caused me to do this bcoz my frends always compliment me for having clear skin yet i just broke out horribly...i used liquid foundation and everytime i go out, i always ask my sister if its obvious and i always check my face with the mirror in direct sunlight...it does a trick coz i also ask my closed friends if my make up is visible and they said " R u sure u put someting on ur face? u must be joking"....but now, im having a hard time since im on accutane cause sometimes, my skin is peeling....my scars r now healing and my face is ok without make up but im using sunblock and the oiliness makes the scar visible so i have to put some before i go out

^ Yea I just started accutane too and its definitely much more of a chore now to keep it from being noticeable, but I manage. Hopefully I'll get clear from my course, then spend a few months on red marks, and then not have to worry about it anymore.

oh i see... wow thats cool ur friends dont even notice u have it on..

will i be good with just mineral foundation??

BREEZY:

WELL IF U WANT TO COVER UR ACNE SCAR, LIQUID FOUNDATION WORKS FOR ME....U SHOULD CAREFULLY CHOOSE WHICH FOUNDATION COMPLIMENTS UR SKIN TONE...THATS THE SECRET...

BDONPOWERLIFTER:

GOODLUCK ON UR ACCUTANE JOURNEY...IM ON MY 7OTH DAY AND EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT...NO BREAK-OUT FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS....IM ON 60MG PER DAY

I would experiment with mineral makeup on my chin but i dont think it will go on too well after shaving because you can still feel the course hair on my chin after shaving. Think it will make it hard to spread evenly. I use a murad conceealer that has SA in it so it fights the acne too, but it is noticeable on my chin. Just looks like dry skin.

BREEZY:

WELL IF U WANT TO COVER UR ACNE SCAR, LIQUID FOUNDATION WORKS FOR ME....U SHOULD CAREFULLY CHOOSE WHICH FOUNDATION COMPLIMENTS UR SKIN TONE...THATS THE SECRET...

BDONPOWERLIFTER:

GOODLUCK ON UR ACCUTANE JOURNEY...IM ON MY 7OTH DAY AND EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT...NO BREAK-OUT FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS....IM ON 60MG PER DAY

Thanks Marklein. That's awesome, barely two months in and your clear. That's what I'm hoping for. I'm almost 3 weeks in and I'm not really getting regular pimples anymore (If I do they only last for like a day) but I keep having little cysts pop up. So far they're not NEARLY as bad as they usually are though. I usually get the huge kind that last for months, but the ones I've gotten since I started accutane aren't lasting more than 7-10 days. They're still annoying though, lol.

i really hope this works... aNybody else have experience with this?? id really appreciate it if you can share!

GREAT TIP to make your makeup not look noticeable on you: After putting on liquid makeup, set it with a light powder if you have oily skin so it won't slight right off. But powder tends to look obvious, so pour some water into a spray bottle and spray it on your face once, and then press into your skin with a cotton bad or tissue. I swear it makes the makeup melt into your skin and look really natural!!! (:

I hope this helps. And I'm a straight girl, and I totally wouldn't care if a guy wore coverup.