Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rentstuff

Needling / Peel Down time while at Work / At school - how?

Hi guys, I am really having a hard time trying to decide when I could do the peeling and needling if I currently have a job / at school.

1. Has anyone here tried doing a peel / needling and had to come to work / school the next day?

2. How to deal with people, go outside doing necessities while your face is shedding and all burnt?

3. I am so depressed I have nobody else to turn to I am so sorry :'( :chuck:

Edited by rentstuff

Hi guys, I am really having a hard time trying to decide when I could do the peeling and needling if I currently have a job / at school.

1. Has anyone here tried doing a peel / needling and had to come to work / school the next day?

2. How to deal with people, go outside doing necessities while your face is shedding and all burnt?

3. I am so depressed I have nobody else to turn to I am so sorry :'(

heyrentstuff,

im replying to this cause ive been having the same feeling for ages ! my scars have been bothering me for quite some time and even more so now im getting new ones. once i finish accutane, ill be working - so any treatment i have ill be working at the same time :(

ill be doing tca cross once a month for about a year. ill work overtime and take thursday and friday off each month, get my tca cross done, let it scab up over the weekend and return to work with red blotches everywhere, lol.

after a year when i have holidays, ill go for either a very strong peel or a fraxel repair. i wont need to see people then so its all good. three months after that, ill quit and do another fraxel repair.

we had a girl at uni who had a strong laser treatment. her face was almost purple and it freaked me out when i saw her. she put a tonne of makeup to cover it up. since then her face has improved a tad. colours gone, though i dont see much difference in the scars. no one said anything nasty.

ultimately, yeah no one wants to have to go school/uni/work whilst undergoing treatments. at the same time, the sooner we reduce them, the sooner we can live our lives. having even worse skin for a few months is so worth it, if it means a better life afterwards. no one even remembers what people look like in the past anyhoo :)

all the best !

Edited by sydney_fellow

Hi Rentstuff!

I was curious as to what depth and kind of peel you were looking into getting. Most of the peels I have had had little (flaking mostly, much like starting BP with the regimen) to no down time whatsoever. I have had a series done, cost efficient, with wonderful results, but alas: my timing was dead wrong. More scars came, and they keep coming so now I know to cure it before I correct it, right? I have had medical grade and spa peels, glycolic, salicylic, and lactic. The spa I went to introduced me to a precleanse, which did WONDERS for flaking, and the overall look of my skin. I believe it works the same as the Jojoba Oil, (some ppl on this site gently rub it along their skin, and it catches the flakes) but I find the precleanse works a tad better. I hope this helps, if it was in fact somewhat the answers you were looking for...!

I wish you luck!

Ally

Hey Ally thanks. Right now all I need is some superficial depth of peeling. I've got it all figured out now, I use Lactic and TCA with antibiotic cream which also acts as my moisturizer.

:D Thanks for sharing your experience :wiggle::chuck: