Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mister. anonymous

TCA Cross Gone Bad? (pic included)

its been 9 days since TCA cross method. did it at home by myself. its my second time doing it.

first time I did it with 30% tca. right after the cross method I did a full face peel, which was 4 weeks ago. everything went fine. skin looked great after all the peeling at 7 days.

9 days ago I did it with 100% tca. after applying the tca, I didn't neutralize. only on the big white spots which stinged alot(maybe I should have neutralized?). this time i only did cross and no peel. after the 4th day it formed scabs. then most of it fell off by the 6th day. right now it looks like its forming scabs again.

is this normal? did I do something wrong? I'm in the worst stage of depression now :cry:

post-36747-1275347764_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275347846_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275359417_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275347846_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275359417_thumb.jpg

Edited by mister. anonymous

its been 9 days since TCA cross method. did it at home by myself. its my second time doing it.

first time I did it with 30% tca. right after the cross method I did a full face peel, which was 4 weeks ago. everything went fine. skin looked great after all the peeling at 7 days.

9 days ago I did it with 100% tca. after applying the tca, I didn't neutralize. only on the big white spots which stinged alot(maybe I should have neutralized?). this time i only did cross and no peel. after the 4th day it formed scabs. then most of it fell off by the 6th day. right now it looks like its forming scabs again.

is this normal? did I do something wrong? I'm in the worst stage of depression now :cry:

no mate, quite the opposite, it sounds completely normal. read the posts from lisasface. shes been doing the same. the fact they are rescabbing means the original scabs must have come off too early so they feel the need to scab again. keep the area dry once they do (so they can stay on as long as possible). your scars will probably look worse for a few weeks until they start filling in. overall to me, it sounds like a successful tca cross :D good work !

no mate, quite the opposite, it sounds completely normal. read the posts from lisasface. shes been doing the same. the fact they are rescabbing means the original scabs must have come off too early so they feel the need to scab again. keep the area dry once they do (so they can stay on as long as possible). your scars will probably look worse for a few weeks until they start filling in. overall to me, it sounds like a successful tca cross :D good work !

trying to keep it dry as much as possible. but the downside is I haven't been out for 9 days, wish I could heal a little bit faster.

Supercopx2 makes the face really itchy and feels like theres tiny ants crawling on my face

day- neosporin cream

night- neoporin, super copx2, emu oil

-taking vitamin A, C, E, fish oil, HA supplement w/ MSM, zinc, multi-vita

trying to keep it dry as much as possible. but the downside is I haven't been out for 9 days, wish I could heal a little bit faster.

Supercopx2 makes the face really itchy and feels like theres tiny ants crawling on my face

day- neosporin cream

night- neoporin, super copx2, emu oil

-taking vitamin A, C, E, fish oil, HA supplement w/ MSM, zinc, multi-vita

yeah mate, id drop out the supercopx2. when i used it, i had the same itchy feeling, my wounds stayed redder/angrier longer, didnt seem to heal and just broke me out terribly. i looked 10 times worse when i used it and i simply had to throw it out. you could use a weaker one i suppose, though im tempted just to stay clear.

if you are applying neosporin daily, that should be enough. lisasface kept it covered with neosporin for the first two days and didnt on the third (which allowed it to dry out and scab). then she was able to just leave it until the scabs come off.

you should also stop using vitamin a and fish oil both do the same thing and when i used them, i found i was more prone to scarring and healed more slowly. just keep your vitamin c levels high. would be interesting to see if the HA/MSM supplements work. im on them at the moment too.

if you are likely to be doing this (on an ongoing basis), it would be useful to purchase a vile of EGF off ebay. you can mix it into your creams you are applying. it helps the healing process. you might also want to look into some cheap red/yellow leds. its been proven to help the healing process and give better results after any kind of treatment.

If you didnt neutralize, did you wash it off with water at least? I hope you didnt leave it on all day

after I was done with all the crossing, I put the neautralizer solution. then I had neosporin on top of that followed by emu oil.

I didn't wash it off with water after the crossing. is that why my face is all mess now?

I believe the super copx2 made my face more inflamed and messy.

I've also been taking alot of vitamin a and fish oil. maybe thats why the scars looks 100x worse.

the scars are bound to look a lot worse after a tca cross and its completely normal to be regretting it right about now. if you go through the odd 40-70 pages in the tca cross thread, ull see heaps of people who were genuinely worried when they did it.

they will take time to fill in and that takes around 3-6 weeks. once you get to that stage, ull find ull be happier knowing they have filled in. its the same with needling, except tca cross is superior.

fish oil is vitamin a. so if you are megadosing on both, you should probably stop. fish oil is an anti inflammatory, so it should in theory be okay, but im just talking from my experience (when i did crosses) and those of others. it was not until many months later when speaking to others on here, they i read there was a connection.

you could take evening primrose oil instead. its an anti inflammatory and doesnt have the same impact. if anything its designed to protect the skin cells.

with the copper peptides, im sorry to hear its making them look worse and im not too sure what to tell you. in theory they work, for me they didnt. the website does say though not to use the strong one, as its a common reaction. so perhaps if you water it down, it might be fine for you. im thinking of buying the weaker one when i do them. but only after i test them to make sure its all good.

if you want more info on what to take to help you heal - look up in the pinned forums at the top of the scar treatment section of the site. its got a blog with some compiled info on what to take.

Edited by sydney_fellow

Hi there...your skin looks just like mine after about 8 days after my tca cross...i think in total it took about 12 days for all scabs to fall off...it was a long time to stay indoors..you have to make sure to use sunscreen now..i was kinda worried that the scars looked worse..but i just giving it time..i go back on the 17th for a follow up...good luck..and dont worry...i think you'll be just fine...

I believe the super copx2 made my face more inflamed and messy.

I've also been taking alot of vitamin a and fish oil. maybe thats why the scars looks 100x worse.

from what i understand, neutralizer is enough.. I'd stay away from any supplements for now besides vitamin c

give it another week or two as im sure it will get a lot better

thanks for the encouragement and advice! you guys rock!

hey lisasface, how long did it take for your scabs to fall off? did you apply anything on the scabs?

well its been 12 days and sad to say, only 6 out of 20 scabs fell off on the left cheek.

7 out of 18 on the right cheek.

I have to add that the right cheek has about 5 big scabs, 2 of them fell off due to showering.

they weren't ready to come off but there is a big hole/crater in my face which is red.

it looks like a small spoon just scoop up my skin. I applied supercopx2, which tingled a bit and looks like its rescabbing.

is this going to scar and turn into a huge rolling scar? anything I need to do?

good day..well..i got the tca on thursday may 13..i started putting polysporin on it that nite and kept the area moist til the scabs formed..i think this was the next day..friday nite was the last time i put anything on my face..i just kept it dry..i think in total it took 2 whole weeks for all scabs to come off..and then there was redness...me too i have like some indentations in my skin about 5 where the ice pick scars were...they are slowly evening out..the ice pick is gone..but its like a depressed scar..i'm not sure why its like that..and if they will completely fill in..a few did fall off and re-scabbed as well..i crossing my fingers for the both of us!!!..the skin is still improving thou!!..maybe sum of us just take longer to heal..

I'm on now day 13 and starting to regret big time! zero improvement, 50% of the scabs are still on. 4 of the big scabs on the right cheek fell off when washing face and there is a big indent in all 4 of em. looks like they will leave a big crater like hole in my face.

so depressed, I think I made my skin worse and regret doing this procedure. feel like jumping off a cliff.

what went wrong!!??

post-36747-1275683374_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275683388_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275683374_thumb.jpg

post-36747-1275683388_thumb.jpg

I'm on now day 13 and starting to regret big time! zero improvement, 50% of the scabs are still on. 4 of the big scabs on the right cheek fell off when washing face and there is a big indent in all 4 of em. looks like they will leave a big crater like hole in my face.

so depressed, I think I made my skin worse and regret doing this procedure. feel like jumping off a cliff.

what went wrong!!??

Im so sorry that this has happened to you... I cant understand what went wrong, they look alittle infected, i think you should go to the doctors for antibiotics maybe. I do my cross treatments with high % TCA and my scars just get a brownish scab for about a week then it falls off and the scar looks softer and more raised than before, ive done four treatments and never had the reaction your having. Please tell me your exact precedure in detail, when you did this, how much presure did you put on the scar, did you feel like you were breaking though many layers of skin with the presure and what instrument did you use to apply the TCA? One other thing, are you sure your not picking the scabs at night while your asleep, does it seem worse when you wakeup? What % of TCA did you use and from who you got it from. I uploaded a pic of what my scars look like after a week or so right after the scabs fall off. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to help you figuare out whats going on and why and see if we can fix this! Get back soon!!

Edited by FoxyHound

what went wrong!!??

Im so sorry that this has happened to you... I cant understand what went wrong, they look alittle infected, i think you should go to the doctors for antibiotics maybe. I do my cross treatments with high % TCA and my scars just get a brownish scab for about a week then it falls off and the scar looks softer and more raised than before, ive done four treatments and never had the reaction your having. Please tell me your exact precedure in detail, when you did this, how much presure did you put on the scar, did you feel like you were breaking though many layers of skin with the presure and what instrument did you use to apply the TCA? One other thing, are you sure your not picking the scabs at night while your asleep, does it seem worse when you wakeup? What % of TCA did you use and from who you got it from. I uploaded a pic of what my scars look like after a week or so right after the scabs fall off. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to help you figuare out whats going on and why and see if we can fix this! Get back soon!!

i really dont see whats wrong at all, except perhaps you are overreacting. part of the process is your scars will look deeper for a few weeks after (everybody does) until the scars fill in. what you're experiencing is normal and they should fill in nicely by week 3- 4. this is what the majority of people have seen.

seriously mate, you shouldve read the process a bit more closely before you undertook the treatment. if you didnt feel up to doing it yourself, you should have got it done professionally. simple. now stop scaring everyone else away from the treatment.

now go relax and dont do anything drastic. otherwise you WILL cause damage.

i really dont see whats wrong at all, except perhaps you are overreacting. part of the process is your scars will look deeper for a few weeks after (everybody does) until the scars fill in. what you're experiencing is normal and they should fill in nicely by week 3- 4. this is what the majority of people have seen.

seriously mate, you shouldve read the process a bit more closely before you undertook the treatment. if you didnt feel up to doing it yourself, you should have got it done professionally. simple. now stop scaring everyone else away from the treatment.

now go relax and dont do anything drastic. otherwise you WILL cause damage.

Edited by FoxyHound

heres what I did...

-wash face with cleanser, then wipe with acetone.

-got the toothpicks and dip it in hot water so it will soak up the tca better

-press each scar for at least 10secs with 100% tca, big scars/big scabs I pressed for about 5secs cuz it felt like it was going to deep

-it took about 2 hours doing about 40 icepicks

-applied neutralizer all over the treated areas

-then apply neosporin and emu oil

-everyday after that I applied neosporin, emu, supercopx2

-on the 7th day most scabs fell off but rescabbed after i applied supcercopx2

but I think the supercop2 just irritated more and I think thats where it got out of control

did you neutralize after each treatment of a single scar? even if you didnt have the toothpick on the scar, tca left over could have done more burning than needed.

anyways good luck and i hope you the best.

did you neutralize after each treatment of a single scar? even if you didnt have the toothpick on the scar, tca left over could have done more burning than needed.

thanks~

only on the bigger scars I neautralized cuz it felt like it was going to deep.

small icepicks I left alone and neautralized when I was done with crossing.

heres what I did...

-wash face with cleanser, then wipe with acetone.

-got the toothpicks and dip it in hot water so it will soak up the tca better

-press each scar for at least 10secs with 100% tca, big scars/big scabs I pressed for about 5secs cuz it felt like it was going to deep

-it took about 2 hours doing about 40 icepicks

-applied neutralizer all over the treated areas

-then apply neosporin and emu oil

-everyday after that I applied neosporin, emu, supercopx2

-on the 7th day most scabs fell off but rescabbed after i applied supcercopx2

but I think the supercop2 just irritated more and I think thats where it got out of control

I think your right about the supercop2 but where I think you went wrong was the amount of pressure and how long you pressed for. Maybe your skin couldnt take it. I press very hard for about 3 seconds no longer, 10 seconds pressing super hard I think that would go though way to many layers of skin. When I press I can feel a poping sensation as I break the skin and i pretty much stop after I feel it pop a couple times, basicly 3 seconds, I dont neutralize at all after just lots of cold water, did you feel like you went deep when you were pressing?

thanks~

only on the bigger scars I neautralized cuz it felt like it was going to deep.

small icepicks I left alone and neautralized when I was done with crossing.

hmm, i totally forgot mister.anonymous was applying the super copper peptides. im sorry dude. i thought u were just having a rant like so many people on here

i remember when i used the super copp, even after picking a pimple, the pimple would come back bigger, angrier and turn into a cyst - id never had a cyst in my life before then. i do think the copper peptides are probably making it worse for you and youre the best judge of yoru skin - youve stopped yeah? id put it in the bin if i was you, just to stop you trying them again in the future. i did and was happy i did so. its stopped me being lured into using it again.

tca cross is supposed to look worse normally and hopefully this is the case. ive found applying neosporin definitely helps stop scars forming with most new wounds. i cant remember seeing if you are applying neopsorin still, it would probably help if you applied it to all the ones that have had the scabs come off early. it should minimise any potential for scarring.

still to this day, i have no idea why super copp is so reacting so badly on some people....it was supposed to be a good product :(

anyhoo all the best

Edited by sydney_fellow

Remember that the important thing is not to panic and jump to conclusions. Wait it out and see how it looks in the end.

I've stopped applying supercopx2 and notice a big difference in size and color.

now I'm just applying bacitracin zinc ointment and neosporin ointment and it seems to be calming down.

FOXYHOUND- you were right, it is infected. thanks for noticing. your a LIFESAVER! =)

I came across this page and noticed the picture is as similar to mines.

so I definitely can say my big scars on my right cheek are infected.

it is called "Secondarily Infected Traumatic Lesions"

http://www.skininfection.com/PatientInform...ticLesions.html

Edited by mister. anonymous

nutralizer is actually not needed. tca usually nutralizes itself after a while.

For the infection you should get oral antibiotics as soon as you can.

Edited by Mr.Don