Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnevsme

family members comments on face

yeah i got a question for you guys ..im sorry for asking so many questions im curious lol.

anyways back to the topic...

when you first started getting acne what was your family responce towards it ...like when they first seen you with the breakout ....did they make comments or did they stay quiet and didnt say anything...did you avoid them so they wouldn look at your face...

same for school did people make comments when they first noticed

like some people at my school make mean comments ...and also some of my family members..

but than thers the ones that dont mention anything is like if your face was clear...and i wonder..why didnt they make a coomment on my face

My acne is genetic so my dad's side has a lot of acne. My dad himself had terrible acne as a teen and still breaks out now into his 50s. Eh I look at him like hes a mirror into my future and it hurts. Blah.

But hmm comment wise I don't get a lot of bad comments. People usually just give me the "What the fuck happened to his face?" look for a few moments and then go about their business. Hmm but when I did get tons of bad comments it was from teens and kids. People called me scar face and kids would ask whats that on my face and why I didn't wash it off.

I think people who don't say a thing about your acne understand that you are human and they have enough respect not to add gasoline to the fire. Some people might make comments on how to improve your complexion that come off really horrible but I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and think they are just trying to give helpful advice. But honestly in the end I rather have someone remain quiet and mind their own god damn business then give me any helpful advice.

my brother teased me for like 4 years, but he doesn't do that anymore, i guess he grew up.

My mom is usually just honest with me, which I appreciate it. If I say "god damn my skin is so bad" and she doesn't think it is, she'll just reply with "it's not that bad...I think it's getting better" or something like that. If my skin does actually look bad she'll agree and point out my breakouts like I didn't know, haha.

I consider myself a strong person and I have to admit that most of the comments that the people made about my face didn't affect me.

When I was in high school I was one of the fews who had these skin disease and, obviously, I was the object of jokes. Fortunately I had (and still have) very good friends that helped me to deal with it.

But, as I said, I don't give a damn the comments. In fact, my worst enemy and the person who criticize me the most is me. But... I'm learning to accept me.

yeah i got a question for you guys ..im sorry for asking so many questions im curious lol.

when you first started getting acne what was your family responce towards it ...like when they first seen you with the breakout ....did they make comments or did they stay quiet and didnt say anything...did you avoid them so they wouldn look at your face...

like some people at my school make mean comments ...and also some of my family members..

but than thers the ones that dont mention anything is like if your face was clear...and i wonder..why didnt they make a coomment on my face

DUDE, acne is not "GENETIC".. my father brother had acne*he has big scars now left from acne* and my grandfather and grandmother don't have acne... acne is not genetic!!

DUDE, acne is not "GENETIC".. my father brother had acne*he has big scars now left from acne* and my grandfather and grandmother don't have acne... acne is not genetic!!

i never said it was genetic

My acne is genetic so my dad's side has a lot of acne. My dad himself had terrible acne as a teen and still breaks out now into his 50s. Eh I look at him like hes a mirror into my future and it hurts. Blah.

But hmm comment wise I don't get a lot of bad comments. People usually just give me the "What the fuck happened to his face?" look for a few moments and then go about their business. Hmm but when I did get tons of bad comments it was from teens and kids. People called me scar face and kids would ask whats that on my face and why I didn't wash it off.

I think people who don't say a thing about your acne understand that you are human and they have enough respect not to add gasoline to the fire. Some people might make comments on how to improve your complexion that come off really horrible but I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and think they are just trying to give helpful advice. But honestly in the end I rather have someone remain quiet and mind their own god damn business then give me any helpful advice.

people shouldnt have kids if their skin is bad but people still do... people shouldnt have kids if they dont have enough money to support them but people still do... people are stupid

like this one guy, when another person asked him something about my face and he said "ive never seen anything like that before" across the cubicle.... then a month later he gets a pimple on his nose, and it looked bad... and his nose was full of make up b/c of his scars.... i just glanced at it and didnt care for it..... but oh of course when his clear skinned friend he had to say that......

Edited by Tokra

people shouldnt have kids if their skin is bad but people still do... people shouldnt have kids if they dont have enough money to support them but people still do... people are stupid

like this one guy, when another person asked him something about my face and he said "ive never seen anything like that before" across the cubicle.... then a month later he gets a pimple on his nose, and it looked bad... and his nose was full of make up b/c of his scars.... i just glanced at it and didnt care for it..... but oh of course when his clear skinned friend he had to say that......

Thats why if I DO decide to have kids, I'm gonna consider adoption. And if even then they have acne, at least I wont feel all guilty thinking its my fault... Besides lots of kids are in need of loving homes.

To the OP

My family never said anything except for my mom - things like "are you washing your face everyday?"stuff like that.

Edited by Alex_09

lmao my bad I meant to reply to someone else....to that IFEELBROKEN GUY lol

Edited by ToughLove

...DUDE, acne is not "GENETIC".. my father brother had acne*he has big scars now left from acne* and my grandfather and grandmother don't have acne... acne is not genetic!!

Acne is a multifactorial condition. Genetics is indeed one of those factors. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12485434 Any genetic illness can skip generations as people get their genes from both parents; if either parent doesn't happen to give you those determining genes, you likely won't have acne. If just one side does, you might or might not, depending on recessives, expression, environmental factors and alllll the other multiple factors. If NEITHER side does, you MIGHT get lucky unless you inherited OTHER aspects that control acne like skin shedding, viscous sebum, high anti-inflammatory response, etc.

None of you are going to have children out of the fear that they will have acne? lol

The reason a lot of us suffer from acne is because our own parent never taught us proper skin care routines when we still had skin like a babys bottom lol.

Go on and have kids, and strive to be better parents than your own. ;)

Oh, and acne isn't genetic. All my closest family members have flawless skin (including my parents).

Acne's just a hit or miss.

None of you are going to have children out of the fear that they will have acne? lol

The reason a lot of us suffer from acne is because our own parent never taught us proper skin care routines when we still had skin like a babys bottom lol.

Oh, and acne isn't genetic. All my closest family members have flawless skin (including my parents).

agree...i think is just a hype..same here...both of my parents have flawless skin

Acne is indeed genetic. No one said they weren't having kids, either. I'm not, but not for THAT reason.

I remember getting lots of snide comments as an early teen. I hit puberty over a summer, and so came back to school with a chest and some seriously angry skin. But I have so say that the WORST deed was done by a teacher who made me read ALOUD a paragraph about puberty and acne in a health book. Oh, I was pissed :evil: . I vowed to come back and haunt that man:-P Now I just see that he was an insecure little man with a Napoleon Complex.

I discovered that the people who make nasty comments have way more issues than I do.

Well I asked my mother today for her opinion about my skin. She took one at the new cysts and pustules that had bloomed virtually overnight at the corner of my mouth and said, "Maybe we should consider medication."

:wall::boohoo:

Genetics are a factor. Acne seems hit-or-miss, just like most medical conditions. The reason why acne isn't cut & dry is because there are a large variety of factors; potential causes and irritants.

--

Anyhow, I was seventeen during my acne-go-boom.

Mother: "It looks like you have a disease."

Me: "Thanks. Means a lot."

I remember getting lots of snide comments as an early teen. I hit puberty over a summer, and so came back to school with a chest and some seriously angry skin. But I have so say that the WORST deed was done by a teacher who made me read ALOUD a paragraph about puberty and acne in a health book. Oh, I was pissed :evil: . I vowed to come back and haunt that man:-P Now I just see that he was an insecure little man with a Napoleon Complex.

I discovered that the people who make nasty comments have way more issues than I do.

:lol:

Are you still planning on Haunting him though?

I would.. what a Jerk!

Napolean Complex Ha ha ha Good One!

Well that's all I have to say.

I Do listen. but I prefer to see what others say before commenting.

Yours happened to catch my eye, so couldn't resist.

Well when i started to break out really bad none of my friends said anything about it but my family was all over it. First my mom tells me that the cause of my acne is because i eat too much chocolate ( which i refuse to believe!!), then my brother doesnt want me to touch him cause he thinks acne is some contagious disease and i might infect him -_-' and lastly when i had a big whitehead on my chin my cousin decided to tackle me into the bed, pinn me down and squeeze all the gunk out! (which actually made it worse) :mad:

So over all friends are kool with it and my famz are a bunch of 'tards.

when it first started, my brother said my acne says "hello" in braille

i looked online, and i did not have enough dots to spell it out

i was both happy and disappointed

Edited by orichal

when it first started, my brother said my acne says "hello" in braille

i looked online, and i did not have enough dots to spell it out

i was both happy and disappointed

i remember my dad going you look so sick with red blotches all over your face and you look like a drug addict. he also said id be constantly stopped through customs because of this and guess what, i was :(

its hard to try and look your best, but people say u look bad regardless :(

has anyone else had this?

Edited by sydney_fellow

So just today I went to my cousins' house and my mom's brother's wife's sister (technically just my aunt's sister, but we're not related by blood) who has really clear skin was all just like WHAT DO YOU WASH YOUR FACE WITH? WHAT MEDICATION DO YOU USE FOR ALL YOUR HORRIBLE PIMPLES? WHY DON'T YOU USE TONER? WHY HAVEN'T YOU TRIED CLEAN & CLEAR? WHY DON'T YOU ASK MY SISTER ABOUT THIS, WHO HAS PURE BEAUTIFUL SKIN AND PROBABLY NEVER BREAKS OUT?

She is a really nice person and all, and I know she was just trying to help and whatever, and I was surprisingly really cool about it, I thanked her and said I would try that ... etc., BUT gah I wish I had clear skin. :(