Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NK20

Topical Clindamycin and the Regimen

Ok so I've finally decided to take the plunge and have ordered Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA (mad expensive shipping and customs to Ireland) and am going to start the regimen with Simple Purifying Face Wash and Simple Light Moisturiser too.

My skin is clearing up well on topical Clindamycin with Zinc and the BCP Dianette and I'm only getting one or two small spots every few days but I know I will eventually have to come of both of these so I want to start the regimen now rather that later. I'm hoping that since my skin is pretty clear right now I won't have an IB but want to continue the Clindamycin with the regimen anyway.

So my question is where should I place Clindamycin in the regimen and should I even bother keeping it up? Will it be too irritating or work like Benzaclin?

i am also using clindamycin with the regimen, i have the liquid kind with the applicator. anyways, after i wash my face and let it dry, i apply the clindamycin to any acne i have, then let it dry. after that i put on the bp, let it dry then moisturizer and jojoba. it seems to be working really well, and i only use the clindamycin at night.

Sweet thank you. I think the clindamycin at night is probably a good idea - both it and the BP tend to be a little drying and this way I can deal with flaking on my pillow but not through my makeup :)

From the FAQs and Biggest Mistakes page:

Q: Can I use the Regimen with the prescriptions I am currently taking?

A: You will need to ask your doctor this question. Some doctors do prescribe benzoyl peroxide with other acne medications, but it is important that you not experiment on your own.

From the FAQs and Biggest Mistakes page:

Q: Can I use the Regimen with the prescriptions I am currently taking?

A: You will need to ask your doctor this question. Some doctors do prescribe benzoyl peroxide with other acne medications, but it is important that you not experiment on your own.

Adding in other products or steps: It is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in one variable at a time and see how your skin will react.

So you think i should just do the regimen with BP and then ask doctor's advice if I want to continue use with the clindamycin? I was thinking about maybe using the BP at night only and using the Clindamycin in the morning as it doesn't make my skin flake and I know the BP will as I'm on Dianette so my oil production is very down!

The BP and clindamycin should be okay to use together (after all, that's what BenzaClin is), but it can be more drying than using either product on its own.

Still, if I were you, I'd let my derm know that I was planning on changing my skin care regimen and adding in BP (eventually lots of it), just in case.

And keep in mind that changing The Regimen by adding in steps or products can alter how your skin reacts to it.

I agree but the problem is I don't have a dermatologist. All my prescriptions come from my GP as both my Dr. and I have never felt the need for a derm referral (sp?). The products she gives me work fine! I will mention it to her next time I am sick as it's €60 per visit and I've spent my expendable income on ordering in Dan's BP and AHA.

I will use the Regimen exactly as Dan sets it out until that time comes.

Thanks for the advice!