Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Micknight

Accutane all done...now what?

Hey guys. I've just finished my 4 month course of accutane and I'm very happy with the results. I haven't had a bad breakout in 1.5 months (I've had the occasional pimple but that's it). Just to summarize my experience:

2 weeks: dryness started and I noticed my blackheads were gone.

1 month: breakouts on my cheeks but nothing worse than when I wasn't on accutane

1.5 months: still pimples on my cheeks and breaking out still (again not too bad)

2 months: nothing new

2.5 months: no active acne

3.5 months: occasional pimple (leaves fast though)...dryness also less than before

4 months: clear aside from scars and little dryness (aside form lips)

Just wondering for those of you who are finished, what did you do then? Did you just leave you skin (aside from washing it obviously) or did you get more stuff from your doctor/derm

Thanks

Edited by Micknight

I haven't finished yet, got a month to go, but my derm was talking about retin-a gel after I'm done to help with any scarring.

Bring it up next time you go see your doc if you still have concerns. Sounds like you've been clear for a while though, so you may not need anything.

I finished my 4 month course of 80 mg/day around 2 weeks ago. I've been getting a few small zits over the past week. They're really small, so I'm not going to panic just yet.

I have an appointment in about 2 months to see what I need to do post-tane. I think he wanted it to be completely out of my system before we make any decisions.