Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cherries

Some SPF for the occasional sun :D

Hey guys! :D

I've ordered the acne.org regimen few days ago so excited to start that, But realise I'm going to need a SPF moistrzer for the daytime :)

I've been using Caudalie vinoperfect moitrzers for some time now, But looking around these forums I realised the SPF is avobenzone, something Dan said irritated his skin, I cut it out for a while and my skin did have quite a few less breakouts, I never would of realised this without this site. the info is amazing! never would of thought a SPF could aggrvate acne before :doh:

Now i'm looking into Eucerin, recommened by so many of you also in the UK :drool: I found quite a few with SPF but can't find the full ingredients anywhere! do they use avobenzone?

which Eucerin with SPF would you recommened is best, i'm abit lost theres so many :ninja:

here's boots site with quite a few

Eucerin

Edited by Cherries

Eucerin Hydro Protect with SPF15 is free of avobenzone, I've used it for years. So is Olay complete Care day cream, also spf 15, if you want a much lighter spf moisturiser. Both available from Boots.

Edited by crichel

Really ? Thats really annoying if they have its the best moisturiser I've ever used. It would explain why its out of stock on the boots website (which is the only place I've found that sells it)

Frustrating isn't it? I've been having a look at Olay. They helpfully provide ingredient lists. Problem is I keep coming across the ingredient 'Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane' which I think is just another name for avobenzone - and it's everywhere in Olay. I have emailed them asking if they do a UV product which doesn't contain it, no harm in repeating ourselves heehee! :D

Thats interesting, thanks, and the Eucerin does not have it in. I've been using the Olay for the last 10 days or so (because I ran out of Eucerin!) and so far have not had any problems as such, though if I start breaking out I'll blame the Olay avobenzone.

Perhaps Eucerin are replacing it with something similar? Perhaps it would be worth mailing them and asking... And also protesting.

Hey guys sorry been long time since i posted back had pc problems!

Yeah I cant find the hydro anywhere only once place online but it's £32.99!

:think:

Theres another Eucerin mouistrizer itried insted though, Its the Eucerin day redness relief SPF 15, it's not that moitrzing but it's green tinted and god it made my redness go down so much, but if it clings to the dry patches you get green dry patches so i mixed abit of jojoba and it was PERFECT for the day with spf, and less redness! :D

Hey guys sorry been long time since i posted back had pc problems!

Yeah I cant find the hydro anywhere only once place online but it's £32.99!

:think:

Theres another Eucerin mouistrizer itried insted though, Its the Eucerin day redness relief SPF 15, it's not that moitrzing but it's green tinted and god it made my redness go down so much, but if it clings to the dry patches you get green dry patches so i mixed abit of jojoba and it was PERFECT for the day with spf, and less redness! :D

Hey, that sounds great Cherries. Where d'ya get it? :D

http://www.boots.com/en/Eucerin-Anti-Redne...uid-50ml_48728/

I got it off boots.com :)

some boots stores sell it in store, mine didnt though typical! theres also a night cream :) i noticed a bad review saying feels like a mask on the skin it doesn't and your skin only goes green if you skins REALLY dry and clinging onto the flakes, what i do is use Eucerin 5% Urea a really really really tiny amount first or jojoba oil, i find the Urea works better for less shine though, then just use the Eucerin anti redness and works like a charm :D

Edited by Cherries

Frustrating isn't it? I've been having a look at Olay. They helpfully provide ingredient lists. Problem is I keep coming across the ingredient 'Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane' which I think is just another name for avobenzone - and it's everywhere in Olay. I have emailed them asking if they do a UV product which doesn't contain it, no harm in repeating ourselves heehee! :D

Which olay product are you using?

and cherries, that products so expensive! :(

I know i'm sorry :redface: :'( i've been on search for the longest time though and the beauty of it is, even though it's expesnive you save money i only need one small pump tiny amount goes a long way, plus because it covers really well, I need less make up less other products because it just deals with redness so well! you know? :)

Theres another one in boots jordon though i think it's Boots oil free moistrizer by botanics, that has spf in :) thats pretty good!!

Edited by Cherries

I haven't actually dared to use an Olay product Jordan, since I'm so wary of avobenzone. It seems that the old zinc oxide version of Olay Complete (the one that Dan recommends) is slowly reappearing on the shelves in the US, but it doesn't seem to be appearing here.

I emailed Olay and asked if they had any UV product that didn't contain it - unbelievably they emailed back and suggested looking at the labels in the shop. I wouldn't have thought of that one. How much spare time do they think I've got? You'd have thought they could have hinted about which products to look at. Maybe they don't know.

Anyway after much ado and deliberation, I have decided to invest in a bottle of Clinique City Block for Faces SPF15, and lets see how that is. I think SPF25 would be better. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

I haven't actually dared to use an Olay product Jordan, since I'm so wary of avobenzone. It seems that the old zinc oxide version of Olay Complete (the one that Dan recommends) is slowly reappearing on the shelves in the US, but it doesn't seem to be appearing here.

I emailed Olay and asked if they had any UV product that didn't contain it - unbelievably they emailed back and suggested looking at the labels in the shop. I wouldn't have thought of that one. How much spare time do they think I've got? You'd have thought they could have hinted about which products to look at. Maybe they don't know.

Anyway after much ado and deliberation, I have decided to invest in a bottle of Clinique City Block for Faces SPF15, and lets see how that is. I think SPF25 would be better. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Okay, yes definitely keep me posted!