Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acné-je.te.déteste

Time to be consistent and persistent

I had a log before- acnebegone143, 'my journey with mild (but stubborn!) acne' but i didnt update for ages so i think my account got closed, or ive forgotten my password :| anyway, go to that log if you want to hear my back story. No pictures sorry, really not comfortable with it. might do some close ups but nothing that reveals my whole face (and therefore identity). Just too potentially embarassing, so sorry for that.

Recently i started using aloe vera gel. I so, so so wanted it to work. It didnt. I got a break out, but im not sure what from. Id been using banana boat after sun gel and it was working for redness. Id used it for about a week, then i bought the actual 100% aloe gel (fruit of the earth). Used that for one night- break out. Lots of little little whiteheads/ 'redheads' (raised red bumps). I'm not sure which product it was from, so i stopped both and have gone onto my 'adapted scne.org regimen'

AM

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

if going out, thin layer of benzac 5% BP

cetaphil moisturiser

if staying in, large quantities of BP, then moituriser

PM

st ives apricot scrub

cetaphil cleanser

BP (the large amount as per the regimen)

cetaphil lotion

I use nutrogena alcohol free toner if I can be bothered (non essential but it does feel nice and doesnt irritate). Right now, skin looks okay. Break out from the other day clearing up a bit. Scars mostly on chin, little blocked pores blackhead thingos that have a kind of hard pus are on my chin but i dont squeeze them because they always leave a very red mark. Forhead has quite a few bumps, but improving, i think.

I drink loads of green tea, sometimes use it as a topical (just splash it on and leave it on during the day at home)

Will update as frequently as i can. Im determined to get the better of my skin! i have exams the next to weeks and am off school- trying to keep my stress levels down! lets see how it goes.

Well, day two and I woke up with the prospect of a physics exam before me, but no new activity! I had these kind of weird mini-pimples (red. very very red) on my nose ish area (between nose and cheeks), and they whole area is now red on each side of my nose- not a huge area though and coverable with a bit of makeup. Chin is okay, skill scarred and yucky but no new zits which is a plus. the small 'hard pus filled' bags of fun that were there yesterday. My whole face was quite red today after washing (especially forhead which isnt normally a problem) but im not letting that put me off because i did use 5% bp not the recomended 2.5. When i go the shops next (prolly tomorrow) ill get some 2.5 benzac- my 5% stuff is nearly gone anyway. Pretty happy i guess, so ill update tomorrow. Oh, the only pimple thats actually grown in size is one of the small bumps on my forhead but its still not a full blown pustule or anything. not squeezable and if i can clear it before it comes to a head it probably wont scar.

actually, to sidetrack, has anyone ever noticed that forhead zits tend not to scar as badly? My acne is not cystic (i had what i believe was a cyst once before, i didnt realise at the time because i was camping :\ oh, the pain) so the forhead zits tend to be quite shallow. same with cheeks- even if theyre big, theyre not really deep. chin is another matter- they get really sore and tender. The bigger cheek/forhead ones get painful too, but not in the same way. hard to explain i guess...

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday but i saw a definite improvement! less redness, less irritation no dryness...all from one night of 2.5 bp!! Today is much the same= no drastic improvment but things seem to be looking up. Yesterday night i noticed a little cluster of blocked pores on my chin (difficult to explain but theyre kind of like hard pus filled blackheads. not really noticable but they can grow!!) today they seem to have gone down. im pretty excited ! forhead spots also much much less noticable, almost gone. I blame aloe vera!!!

Hi Hi Hi!! Encouragement is flowing your way through my keyboard. I am not very familiar with your routine which I guess is why I haven't commented before. Btw, lovvvve the name ;)

Btw I have noticed about the forehead scarring being shallow and chin being terrible. Same here :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^thanks for the kind words!

Update: everything is getting so much better, albeit slowly. I'm trying my hardest to be patient and let dan's regimen do it's thing.And it seems to be working! The little blocked pores cluster on my chin have diminished somewhat, top lip/under nose looks much the same- two little little white/red heads. Area around nose/ between nose and cheeks is looking marginally better, but those pimples are super stubborn so i expect them to stick around a little longer. My forhead looks less red but still pretty much the same- tiny tiny bumps, but nothing that really worries me too badly. None of them seem like they have the potential to become huge zits- they're only noticible if i tilt my head back in the light and look in the mirror, and there's only about seven or so of them anyway. NO NEW ACTIVITY!!! I'm excited with this because recently my acne seemed like it was always one step forward two steps back- i'd clear one pimple/ problem area, enjoy a day or two of skin that i was sort of happy with and then BAM it starts again. Scars seem to be diminishing a little too. I only wish i'd tried the regimen sooner!!

I had a log before- acnebegone143, 'my journey with mild (but stubborn!) acne' but i didnt update for ages so i think my account got closed, or ive forgotten my password :| anyway, go to that log if you want to hear my back story. No pictures sorry, really not comfortable with it. might do some close ups but nothing that reveals my whole face (and therefore identity). Just too potentially embarassing, so sorry for that.

Recently i started using aloe vera gel. I so, so so wanted it to work. It didnt. I got a break out, but im not sure what from. Id been using banana boat after sun gel and it was working for redness. Id used it for about a week, then i bought the actual 100% aloe gel (fruit of the earth). Used that for one night- break out. Lots of little little whiteheads/ 'redheads' (raised red bumps). I'm not sure which product it was from, so i stopped both and have gone onto my 'adapted scne.org regimen'

AM

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

if going out, thin layer of benzac 5% BP

cetaphil moisturiser

if staying in, large quantities of BP, then moituriser

PM

st ives apricot scrub

cetaphil cleanser

BP (the large amount as per the regimen)

cetaphil lotion

I use nutrogena alcohol free toner if I can be bothered (non essential but it does feel nice and doesnt irritate). Right now, skin looks okay. Break out from the other day clearing up a bit. Scars mostly on chin, little blocked pores blackhead thingos that have a kind of hard pus are on my chin but i dont squeeze them because they always leave a very red mark. Forhead has quite a few bumps, but improving, i think.

I drink loads of green tea, sometimes use it as a topical (just splash it on and leave it on during the day at home)

Will update as frequently as i can. Im determined to get the better of my skin! i have exams the next to weeks and am off school- trying to keep my stress levels down! lets see how it goes.

Hi! We pretty much have the same products.

I do off with the scrubbing though, for now. lol

I drink green tea at least 3x a day, most times with ACV and honey - I like the taste and I pray I also get the benefits :D

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday but i saw a definite improvement! less redness, less irritation no dryness...all from one night of 2.5 bp!! Today is much the same= no drastic improvment but things seem to be looking up. Yesterday night i noticed a little cluster of blocked pores on my chin (difficult to explain but theyre kind of like hard pus filled blackheads. not really noticable but they can grow!!) today they seem to have gone down. im pretty excited ! forhead spots also much much less noticable, almost gone. I blame aloe vera!!!

This is what happened to me the next day on my second try of the regimen! That's what inspired me to go on, less redness, not gone, but defo better.

The problem with me is my picking. When the redness is gone, I do a skin check, I smile as I can see skin between the redness and am happy. Then I look closer I see a blackhead and think, if I just squeeze carefully, I might just be able to get rid of it and my face will be even better than before! WRONG, sometimes I succeed, but MOST TIMES I infect the thing and it becomes a horrible pimple. Arrgh... Enough about me.

Congratulations on your progress and hope it continues! :D

Bit of a step backwards today and yesterday. New, big (but shallow) pimple on my forhead, but i popped it and its gone down- theres a red mark but it doesn't bother me that much, i know it'll fade pretty quickly. The small cluster of blocked pores on my chin has advanced a bit- a couple have come up into more noticable bumps, but still no white head and theyre not tooo red- the area around them is kind of pink from all the bp ive been loading on! That said, this morning they look better than last night. There was another kind of pimple i tend to get there yesterday, sort of a larger raised area with a tiny tiny white head that can come through after a couple of says (though upon squeezing it all balloons up into a nightmare), though that seems to be going down too. The little red pimples around my nose have basically disapeared from the right side, and are on their way out on the left. This new break out it possibly my lovely hormonal breakout- my monthly breakout tends to consist of one or two random pimples in areas that aren't normally a problem (cheek/side of face, forhead), theyre quite large and tender but shallow at the same time and develop pretty quickly into poppable whitheads. I also get a worse breakout on my chin/upper lip area (under my nose- i guess the moustache domain lol), which is usually either a real throbber, similar in size to the other pimples but deeper, or, as is the case this time, a kind of cluster of little pimples that crop up, not painful or overly noticably once ive got makeup on, but still, theyre there. Theyre never squeezable either!! gahh my chin is always the worst area- if i could clear that up, id be happy. Given, apart from this new breakout, my chin is actually looking better. I'm not giving up!!

hm, not too happy today. i had a practical exam this morning, and before i went, i showered. when i got out i noticed the bump on my chin (tinytinytiny) hasd a white head on it. In my haste, i squeezed, and even though it was reluctant to pop, i kept going, and now its quite red. ive dabbed on some bp and am trying to leave it alone. when i got home i also noticed one of the red bumps under my nose had a head to i squeezed that. ouch! now its red. but again, ive got bp on it. Other little bumps around my nose are going down, chin, other than the one side, is ok, scarred but ok, forhead is...interesting. ive got a bit of a scar from that big pimple i popped but its nothing major. the little bumps are getting less and less but what is worrying me is these two hard bumps under the skin, one just above each eyebrow. one is smaller and redder than the other, the other seems larger and deeper :\ good god, i hope theyre not cysts in the making. they could be bites- im just putting bp on the whole area at nightime and leaving them well alone- in my experience the more i fuss over blemished the worse they get. Also theyre hard to treat because bp is already bleaching my eyebrows :|

keep up the work....with due time i'm sure the regimen will work...not only for you but for me also. I suffer from mild, but really stubborn acne on my face, back shoulders and chest. pretty much all the common areas. i get so discouraged waiting, as were all impatient when it comes to being clear. i just try to read something on here everyday for some sort of support and hope things will clear up.

just droppin by to show some support...follow my log if you want too :D.

wow, its been a few days! well since i updated last that small ish breakout on my chin and under my nose escalated into the worst breakout ive had in a while, save for the one that i had at the start of this log, but that was actually easier to deal with i think. I'm PRAYING that its my monthly hormonal breakout, because im not sure i could deal with another breakout on top of this !! Thankfully, everything except my chin has gone down pretty quickly. I had two matching pimples, one under each nostril >: both of which have been popped but are now nothing but scars. the right hand side one is gone, pretty much, the other is still quite red, but thankfully not dry as i put some paw-paw ointment on it overnight the last few days. Forhead has gone down- one of the bumps above my brow (the one that realllly concerned me, as it felt very deep) dissapeared!! soo happy with that. The other I did pop, but the mark is barely noticable as it's pretty much in my eyebrow haha. The marks around my nose are GONE!!! actually from the nose upwards my skin is pretty much 100% clear, save for a little congestion on my left cheek, nost sure what it is but i'm just treating it with the usual bp and leaving it well alone.

Okay, on to the CHIN (the bane of my existence!!) left side is fairly clear, save for scars and a bit of congestion which is not overly noticable and will probably be going down pretty soon. The right side is so much worse for some reason! Tiny, tiny bumps that are probably squeezable, but i refuse to squeeze them!! I'm just going to keep going with the regimen. I'm thinking, however, that the chin might be a job for salicylic acid. hmmm.

on that note, i'm nearly out of scrub (st ives invigorating). i'm toying with the idea of purchasing the gentle apricot scrub instead because i do like to exfoliate daily and that one's fine to use daily according to the package. Another thing, st ives recently relaunched their range and included a green tea scrub and cleanser, which excited me because i love green tea!! However, they both contain salicylic acid :( i've read mixed reviews about the scrub, mostly good (i'm not even considering the cleanser, too happy with cetaphil atm), and it only contains 1% salicylic acid, and is apparently less 'scrubby' as the exfoliant is silica rather than walnut. So, i think it'd be pretty gentle. I'm going to check out the ingredients/smell when i go into priceline next, and possibly get both the gentle and green tea scrub. If I do use the green tea scrub I'll lay off the bp for a couple of nights (maybe just spot treating), and have a looksee to see how it goes. BUT i'm not using it until ive given the regiment a good chance to work on this new breakout. And once that's clear maybe i'll be clear for good.

Once I am clear i'd love to start using something like the green tea scrub as i do believe that the salicylic acid tends to really 'puriy' the skin.

If anyones had any good/bad expreiences with either the green tea or gentle scrub bhy stives, please let me know!!!! thanks for dropping by

x

Hey there! Good luck with your regimen.

I do have one piece of advice (well, a few): Please consider dropping the scrub. Wait until you're clear on the regimen before you add in any exfoliation. The BP itself does some exfoliation plus it is comedolytic (breaks up comedones) so that may help with the microcomedones that are precursors to outright pimples, and may help with the larger pimples themselves.

St Ives apricot scrub has jagged, uneven particles in it that can cause microscopic tears in the skin; that can lead to a considerably worsened breakout. :(

If you simply MUST exfoliate, please wait until you're clear on the Regimen and then try an AHA product. A nice, gentle exfoliative moisturizer is Lac Hydrin 5. It has an AHA in it called lactic acid, at a low enough pH so that it is a humectant as well as an exfoliant.

For particularly annoying spots you might consider the techniques in the link in my signature that starts "What do do..." The ice alone is helpful. Complete details are in the link/post.

Thanks for the advice- i have tried stopping the scrubbing before and it's made no difference, however I am defs going to get the gentle scrub next time i'm in the shops. I only ever exfoliate very gently and quickly, i never scrub really hard or anything and i usually kind of 'lubricate' my skin with a layer of cetaphil cleanser first because i do realise how gritty the st ives scrub is. i suppose that doing that is better than just going all out with the scrubbing :S

well. since i last updated the marks under my nose have pretty much disappeared, so pretty stoked about that!! Chin is...better. A couple came to a white head, which i popped :\ but they havent ballooned up like they have in the past, so i'm soooo happy about that. so proud i didn't pop them before a white head appeared! Forhead is CLEAR save for a couple of shallow pinkish marks left over from before, and a few tiny under the skin bumps that are only visible if i tilt my head back in the lightm, so woo! hopefully this means i can apply less bp on my forehead, because i have trouble staying away from my brows and theyre starting to bleach...:\ the area around my nose looks almost perfect! on the right hand side i havent got ANY activity at all, on the left side that little congested area i mentioned before seems to have come through a little more but you can't see it, i only notice it when cleansing/bp-ing/moisturising because i can feel it. so really happy! i have to go and replenish my supplies tomorrow- ive simultaneously run out of bp, cleanser and scrub. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ wow, i just realised that my bottle of 2n5 benzac only laster 15 days. i might have to approach my parents and see if they'll let me get dan's bp, if thats going to be a cheaper option...

on that note, i might just put in that my parents have never been overly supportive of my struggle with acne. They tend to think that my problems have been a result of all the 'crap' i'm putting on my face (read- desperaste attempts to find a product that works), or that I'm 'being silly' and my skin is 'fine'. And then if i ever pick, i get the old 'your face is a mess' line. sigh. so if i could clear my skin up without having to ask for their help it'd be good :D not to say that my relationship with my parents isn't good or anything, theyve just never really supported me in clearing my skin.

ill update in a few days, but right now im really happy with my progress!!

I'm pretty amazed right now. My chin has pretty much completley cleared up, save for a bit of congestion on my kind of jawlineish area and i think that could be because that area's easy to miss with cleanser/bp, but i put my makeup there :S I got a couple of new spots on my top lip (moustache area lol), seem to be getting loads of those ones lately, but i squeezed (woops) and theyre going down now :D Area around nose/cheeks looks heaps better too. My forhead actually seems to be breaking out a little, the little bumps under my skin aren't getting any better...but theyre not noticable enough for me to be super stoked about this progress!!

I'm pretty amazed right now. My chin has pretty much completley cleared up, save for a bit of congestion on my kind of jawlineish area and i think that could be because that area's easy to miss with cleanser/bp, but i put my makeup there :S I got a couple of new spots on my top lip (moustache area lol), seem to be getting loads of those ones lately, but i squeezed (woops) and theyre going down now :D Area around nose/cheeks looks heaps better too. My forhead actually seems to be breaking out a little, the little bumps under my skin aren't getting any better...but theyre not noticable enough for me to be super stoked about this progress!!

I'm sitting waiting for my evening bp to dry and feeling so defeated. I woke up this morning to see a couple of new pimples beginning to form on my chin, the congestion not having improved and mr forhead looking pretty yucky, complete with a new bump. The overall tone/texture is not good either- red and blotchy looking. Sigh. I was so pleased yesterday, i literally do not remember the last time my chin was that smooth!! Okay, here is le plan.

I've decided I'm not following the regimen strictly enough. So, exfoliant is going in the cupboard. I also think I've not been waiting long enough in between regiment steps, so thats going to be s focus for me. I have also got to STOP touching my face!! I'm not much of a picker (I just squeeze what has a white head on it), but i tend to 'inspect' my face, esp. chin, when i get bored. Touchy touch. NO!! haha. So none of that. I'm also going to make a more concious effort to drink heaps of water. I always forget!! Argh!. Green tea intake could probably increase too. Ugh. I just hope i've caught this new breakout in time so that it won't develop further.

wow i havent posted in a while!! Since last post I have been exfoliating, but so incredbly gently :\ I just loove my scrub too much haha. The breakout from last time has pretty much subsided, but I woke up with a break out on my chin today because over the last few days I've eaten pretty badly, had too much coffee and went to a party last night so chuck alcohol and makeup into the mix and voila! breakout. :( it's not tooo bad though, if I bombard it with bp enough it should be ok- I'm not going out the next few days so i won't have makeup on or anything. I'm on holidays for 2 weeks now so I'm hoping to be clear by the time I go back to school!! maybe. haha

not much change from last time i posted, perhaps a small improvement, but nothing major. I'm nearly out of bp >: and I can't get to the shops till thursday- hopefully it'll last me till then. Otherwise I still have some blemish fighting (sal. acid 2%) scrub lying around so I'll use that at night time if I run out of bp, gently. It can't hurt for one or two nights, right??

Oh! I didn't scrub last night, which was really hard for me because I'm so used to it. I'm going to try to not do it tonight either. I noticed that I have a few friends with really nice, even toned skin and they only scrub ever 3-4 days- twice to three times a week or something.

I also had a little thought in regards to acne in general. It seems to me that we (acne sufferers) are our own worst enemy sometimes, particularly those who suffer from light acne, like me. We hate our skin and wish for clarity, and we are stuck in this vicious circle of getting almost clear, then breaking out again. We stick to our regimines to the letter, convinced that we will break out terribly if we change anything, when in reality a change in our regimine is what might be needed. BUT we're scared to try any new product for fear that our acne will transcend from light to moderate or severe. I think this is particularly common with people whose acne is not all that bad- I for one am scared to make even little changes because I fear that my acne will get worse, when in reality at the moment it is 'manageable'. I'm not saying that this is not the case for sufferers of severe acne, but I've had friends with acne like this and they get incredibly desperate and are willing to try anything, with the mentality 'how could it get any worse'. Sometimes I think that clear skinned society tends to judge those who fret about mild acne, I've often heard things like 'Oh, stop stressing, your skin is fine, its only a couple of pimples', whereas with severe acne it's 'poor so-and-so, I hope theyre on something for their skin'. I feel deep sympathy for all acne sufferers but I think what some people don't realise (parents, clear skinned friends) is that no matter how mild your acne it can still really affect you emotionally and even just one more pimple can be such a downer on your day.

Yeahh, just something I was thinking about.

Most recent breakout is clearing up pretty well. I just realised my monthly hormonal breakout was probably also a part of that, so if that is the case then well done regimen for keeping it from ballooning into a full blown zit-fest!! Tomorrow I'll be buying some more bp and probably a salicylic acid tratment for spot treating- I'd like to see how that goes...hmm.

Again, some sort of improvement today. No new activity!!! I squeezed one of the bumps on my chin :( but now it's on its way down. I put some paw-paw ointment on it last night and the mark doesn't seem as bad as they usually are. Man I love that stuff!! Oh, I do have a little pimple on my forhead near my eyebrow, but no where near the size of the whoppers that can reside there sometimes :D Also I think its got a white head on it so it'll be pretty squeezable soon. I hope my skin continues to improve!! I'd love clear skin to go back to school...

yesterday i bought a new bottle of bp and a garnier sos anti spot pen, which is a little tube of salicylic acid 2% that also has menthol, zinc and other stuff like that. I've used it before and had good results. So, last night I did the regimen like normal, then after moisturising I applied a thin layer of the sal.acid treatment to the congestion on my chin and the blackheads around my nose. About 4 hours later I noticed redness so I washed it off and went to bed. This morning the congestion seems to have improved and the area is no longer red!! (save for the red marks that were there to begin with). I did the same thing this morning and there doesnt seem to be any redness. I wont use the sal. acid tonight though, don't want to bombard my face!! also, I havent been exfoliating very much lately. I just use a tiny tiny amount over a thick layer of cetaphil on my face and rub it around really gently before rinsing, every one or two days.

its been a few days!! things are still looking up though i had a little breakout on my chin again, just three very very small pimples, one of which is gone (though its left quite a large red area, but thats going down too) and the other two are on their way down. forhead is clear save for a few barely noticable red marks, and area around my nose seems a little red but otherwise fine. ive been experiencing a bit of dryness on the pimples i mentioned earlier but a little bit of paw paw cream is proving to be effective. fingers crossed!!

well its been a little while! my regimen hasnt changed much, but i'm feeling seriously crappy right now. Break out around my nose of the little tiny red dots, i guess I havent been eating all that well the last few days. I'll try and get my green tea intake up and try putting a bit of paraderm on them, which has worked for me in the past. Chin...I don't even want to think about. I was just thinking the other day how good it was that I hadn't had a full blowd giant pimple for a long time, and what crops up but this cluster of under the skin thingos that feel like they're going to be painful and big. One of them has already developed quite far and I'm getting the nasty feeling that there'll be no stopping it. The other side of my chin is better, i managed to stop a pimple in its tracks and its basically gone, I just have a little congestion next to it. Sigh. I guess I'm just frustrated- I've been on the regimen for, oh, just under two months now? And I just hoped I'd be clear by now. It sucks really, I wonder if i'll ever break this cycle. The overall tone of my skin is crappy- naturally I have uneven skintone which can be red in places and the pores on my cheeks are large. Ugh.