Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

Question about possible acne-causing ingredient in ezekiel bread

I have been eating ezekiel bread and cereal for a while now, but I realized that it has organic sprouted soybeans in it. I know how soy can cause some hormonal problems for people cause of the estrogen and especially for me since I am a guy. But could this possibly cause breakouts? Their products are so good for you and I love em so much, so please let me know. Thanks.

I eat it and I don't have any problems. I think the big problem with soy is that it's processed in a non-traditional way that makes it bad for you. Sprouting it seems like a safe way to eat it. Remember that Asians have been eating soy for ages and haven't had all the problems that people claim soy causes.

I think the big problem with soy is that it's processed in a non-traditional way that makes it bad for you. Sprouting it seems like a safe way to eat it.

That's about the lectins. Even soaked, fermented or sprouted, it still contains phyto-estrogens which may help some people and make others worse. But there probably isn't enough in a slice or two of bread per day to be a problem.

Edited by alternativista

i'm not sure about the phyto-estrogens in the products but ezekiel bread breaks me out terribley. sprouted grain products are not for me. the bread is healthy so if your skin tolerates it i say eat up!