Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Royale

Stop acne from forming question.

Hey all,

This is my first post, but i've been reading for a while and never registered. I have suffered from acne from about the age of 13 when I joined the wrestling team.

Anyway, now I am 16 male and im serious about getting rid of them. I wash my face with the clear & clear 3 in 1 cleanser morning and night, during the day I occasionally put 10% clearsil BP.

My question is how can I stop acne from forming? I keep my face dry and try to stay out of the sun during peak hours, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hey all,

This is my first post, but i've been reading for a while and never registered. I have suffered from acne from about the age of 13 when I joined the wrestling team.

Anyway, now I am 16 male and im serious about getting rid of them. I wash my face with the clear & clear 3 in 1 cleanser morning and night, during the day I occasionally put 10% clearsil BP.

My question is how can I stop acne from forming? I keep my face dry and try to stay out of the sun during peak hours, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

If we all knew the answer to that question we wouldn't be here ;)

Hey all,

Thanks.

Acne is a multifactorial malady. There are multiple causes and multiple interfering factors, including stress, hormones, diet, bacteria, immune response, inflammation, skin shedding, viscosity of sebum, etc etc etc.

You could try the acne.org regimen; the products you can easily find in a local drugstore or supermarket. Persistence, perseverance, and close adherence to the instructions may provide you with clarity.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

Hey all,

Thanks.

Acne is a multifactorial malady. There are multiple causes and multiple interfering factors, including stress, hormones, diet, bacteria, immune response, inflammation, skin shedding, viscosity of sebum, etc etc etc.

You could try the acne.org regimen; the products you can easily find in a local drugstore or supermarket. Persistence, perseverance, and close adherence to the instructions may provide you with clarity.

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

wynne you changed your picture why?

I mean I cleanse my face twice a day apply some medication and try to keep it non oily and clean, so why am I still getting breakouts and such?

I mean I cleanse my face twice a day apply some medication and try to keep it non oily and clean, so why am I still getting breakouts and such?

There are so many different causes for acne. It's all trial and error. One thing may work for me and not have any impact on you... How's your diet? How's your lifestyle? Do you moisturize? Do you wear sunscreen? What about your daily water intake? Medications? Hormones? Family history?, etc...

Edited by kristen2010

There are so many different causes for acne. It's all trial and error. One thing may work for me and not have any impact on you... How's your diet? How's your lifestyle? Do you moisturize? Do you wear sunscreen? What about your daily water intake? Medications? Hormones? Family history?, etc...

I occasionally eat some sugary food, but for the most part I eat healthy. Also I don't moisturize or wear sunscreen. I drink lots of water especially if its hot. As far as I know only my sister had acne both my parents never got any major ones.

Also I exercise 3 or 4 times a week if it matters.

*moderator edit - reply to now invisible post removed*

And to the OP

- Try the regimen

- TRY a healthier diet. See if eliminating dairy helps. It did help me. Dairy contains some nasty hormones that throw your own out of balance.

- Maybe supplements? Zinc, niacin, and Vitamin A seem to help at PREVENTING them. Actually zinc completely eliminated those large painful ones I used to get on my back.

Edited by Wynne

Acne is a mulifactorial malady. ;) What do you cleanse with? What medication do you apply? Free from oil and clean is not sufficient.

If your using a cleanser, wash very gently. Washing aggressively can cause more breakouts. Ive personally done this and I reduced my acne breakouts dramatically. Getting 8 hours of each day will help rebuild your skin while your on standby. Wash will pillow cases it gets dead skin cells each day and bacteria is there too, so wash those pillow cases once a week.

Something important is to not get into the habit of picking your face. Trust me, don't start squeezing at your breakouts at all. This will help you with finding a solution so much!

You gotta deal with acne from the inside, over-active oil glands in your face is usually the cause. Don't waste your time with anti-biotics, instead incorporate drinks like water & lemon into your daily life. Also, use BP 2.5% because it works the same as 10%.

If your frustrated with your complexion, then buy an Aloe Vera cream, you can get a matte effect on your skin with this cream, its very good.