Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
late.owl

Bad experiences with Tazorac?

I'd like to hear about people's bad experiences with Tazorac.. and when you decided to stop, what you switched to, and how long it took your skin to recover.

I started Tazorac in early April. My skin became really red, started breaking out badly in week 3-4, became more calm around week 6 at the same time as my followup with the dermatologist. I thought it was only going to get better from that point on. Now I'm in weeks 7-8 and I just experienced the worst breakout of my life.

I went to the doctor originally to address 2 areas of inflamed acne, one on each cheek. Those are no longer a problem, but now I have whiteheads over my entire face, in areas I never had much trouble with before. These are small hard white plugs- I've even gotten them just under my jawline where the skin was poreless and soft before. I also suffer from pustules now that form a white "head".

I don't know whether I should push through and keep going with the Tazorac, or stop now before my face is completely ruined. It would be really helpful if anyone can share their experiences.

I am not experiencing peeling and flaking like a lot of other people are. I'm also not experiencing the miracles other people have talked about so I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if this is still the initial breakout or not... I just can't believe my skin has become so bad....