Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phoenixbleu

Wow I was blown away by his answer!!!

"Too much greed. Limitless sort of desire. Also source of problem, source of suffering, individuals also. If you always keep the feeling "One more one more one more" until the last day that person is never satisfied. Always want more more more. So mentally that’s a very poor person. Always hungry, always having. Then someone who is from a poor family but their daily necessity is fulfilled they remain happily.†–Dalai Lama

It seems that with our skin, we are never satisfied always want more more more and we will die never satisfied.

Enjoy ur day!!

"Too much greed. Limitless sort of desire. Also source of problem, source of suffering, individuals also. If you always keep the feeling "One more one more one more" until the last day that person is never satisfied. Always want more more more. So mentally that™s a very poor person. Always hungry, always having. Then someone who is from a poor family but their daily necessity is fulfilled they remain happily. “Dalai Lama

It seems that with our skin, we are never satisfied always want more more more and we will die never satisfied.

Enjoy ur day!!

Nowadays.... Well, it's stupid to say, but I do have reasons to feel very down.... On the subject of acne though, there are people that have it worse than me, and I know I should just be happy where I am, but seeing all those people with little to no spots, or have this crystal clear skin no matter what they do or eat, I just want better and better skin till I reach being clear :/

Edited by Holding.On

Hey guys glad you like.

Having acne has enlightened me so much its not even funny. Funny how a few spots help you over come the fear of death, understand the true meaning of life, become a spiritually healthy person.

I view life on this earth as a vacation. How we enjoy it depends on the variables & expressions that are added to the equation. When you leave this place you take nothing with you except the contentment of your soul.

I agree with Red. Sure it's a nice quote and all but no words are gonna help me.

Do you really believe that.. mhm seems you have alot to learn. You say words are not going to help you. But words from another persons mouth who comment about you acne, is like dieing by a thousand blades. Thats the reason you are here because you fear these words. Mhm just as those harsh words can hurt you, good ones heals you. example. "Hey your acne is clearing up!!"... please tell me what do these words do for you?

P.S: I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Its just that I want to also gain the understanding of human thinking.

i believe those words true only for those who arent already completely fucked.. or those that only have a "few spots" like you.

until the last day.. i will never be satisfied..

Not true at all Phoenix. It's all about how I feel about my acne, not about anyone else. If I feel my face looks good but someone says otherwise, it doesn't bother me. Nor would it bother me if I know my skin looks bad and someone says someone negative about it, because I know it's true and I would agree. I agree with Aomori too.

Not true at all Phoenix. It's all about how I feel about my acne, not about anyone else. If I feel my face looks good but someone says otherwise, it doesn't bother me. Nor would it bother me if I know my skin looks bad and someone says someone negative about it, because I know it's true and I would agree. I agree with Aomori too.

That. Its not the severity of the acne, its how bad we perceive it to be. I have known people with worse skin than mine yet they are happy and outgoing. While I am down in the dumps even though its not nearly as bad...

And most unfortunately, Its only the bad and hurtful words we pay attention to the most.

I completely disagree. I don't want one more, I just want consistently clear skin. The hours, days, and weeks that my skin IS clear I don't grope for more - I'm content. It's that simple. I'm not a tortured soul; I just have acne.

Hmm I honestly don't think getting clear skin would be the key to my everything, lots of shit happening in my life that I gotta fix up, especially my mind. But clear skin, woww that would do wonders for me right now. Clear skin => more confidence => more guts to do what I want to do w/o worrying so much about what other people think of my looks.

I disagree with the post in the aspect of having clear skin, cus clear skin would do wondeeerrrs to our self esteem, but I do agree that there really is a point to it. We can always be worse off than now. I mean, I saw on national geographic a program about rare diseases. One of these was where your body's sense of touch is wayy heightened, like x 100, and simply touching things can cause tremendous pain, and falling down is like being in a horrible car accident. So it hurts when someone touches you on your shoulder or gives you a hug. Compared to that, acne really isn't so bad. There are loads of things worse than acne. Missing an arm or leg, STD, having horrific scars, having a deformed body etc. would suck so much more. So instead of focusing on what we don't have (which we want more and more of), we should also focus on what we DO have as well, and appreciate it, instead of just wanting more and more. What if by the time our skin clears up, we will only be temporarily satisfied, then we start desiring something else and become restless over it?

That. Its not the severity of the acne, its how bad we perceive it to be. I have known people with worse skin than mine yet they are happy and outgoing. While I am down in the dumps even though its not nearly as bad...

And most unfortunately, Its only the bad and hurtful words we pay attention to the most.

Yeah, but Positive and enlightening words (those of comfort/consoling )are true and few, hard to find kindness these days

Perhaps someday, both you and Jay will get the picture and learn to experience the joy and the sorrow that is life and love, allow yourselves to truly appreciate the hidden meaning behind those words.

That's a great post, phoenixbleu! And people saying that nothing anybody says is gonna help, are only contradicting themselves. If words don't contribute anything at all, I wonder why they start all these new topics asking for help. People who say all they want is clear skin: wait until that day has come. And then remember the Dalai Lama's words. I bet that once you're clear you'll find something else you're unsatisfied with. And so on, and so on.

Yeah, but Positive and enlightening words (those of comfort/consoling )are true and few, hard to find kindness these days

Perhaps someday, both you and Jay will get the picture and learn to experience the joy and the sorrow that is life and love, allow yourselves to truly appreciate the hidden meaning behind those words.

Im not in a depression or anything... I was just saying that I would be satisfied with clear skin. thats all. I have actually been doing alot better this year - I no longer even hesitate about going out in public.

That's a great post, phoenixbleu! And people saying that nothing anybody says is gonna help, are only contradicting themselves. If words don't contribute anything at all, I wonder why they start all these new topics asking for help. People who say all they want is clear skin: wait until that day has come. And then remember the Dalai Lama's words. I bet that once you're clear you'll find something else you're unsatisfied with. And so on, and so on.

That may be so, We humans always want and desire something - I doubt it would be at the same level as what I want now though. For example: after acne I would like to find that one special person, graduate from college, get a career... and so on. The more typical desires and wants of people.

Anyways I understand what the OP is saying.

Edited by red2528

But if you're always completely satisfied with what you've got, then you'll never strive for anything greater no?

That may be so, We humans always want and desire something - I doubt it would be at the same level as what I want now though. For example: after acne I would like to find that one special person, graduate from college, get a career... and so on. The more typical desires and wants of people.

Yeah, you're right. That's the nature of most humans. But you can be perfectly satisfied and still strive for other things. Whether you achieve that goal doesn't really matter, because you're already happy with what you have now.

But if you're always completely satisfied with what you've got, then you'll never strive for anything greater no?

One thing doesn't rule out another. You can always strive to be an even better person. Personality is way more important than looks, or owning a Porsche, or trying to be an important CEO. You're already important and significant. Look at yourself (that applies to red also): you're here and people read your posts. Even though they may not reply to them: it doesn't make you less important. You're helping people. Just one simple example.

There is so much I wanna say, but the words are coming all at once and the information is confusing. I might have to write a article on this and link you guys.

Yeah, you're right. That's the nature of most humans. But you can be perfectly satisfied and still strive for other things. Whether you achieve that goal doesn't really matter, because you're already happy with what you have now.

One thing doesn't rule out another. You can always strive to be an even better person. Personality is way more important than looks, or owning a Porsche, or trying to be an important CEO. You're already important and significant. Look at yourself (that applies to red also): you're here and people read your posts. Even though they may not reply to them: it doesn't make you less important. You're helping people. Just one simple example.

Thanks man, that helped a lot. It still sort of seems to me like there is a fine line between ambition and greed though.

There is so much I wanna say, but the words are coming all at once and the information is confusing. I might have to write a article on this and link you guys.

I would for sure love to read it.

Im not in a depression or anything... I was just saying that I would be satisfied with clear skin. thats all. I have actually been doing alot better this year - I no longer even hesitate about going out in public.

Oh right well I'm sorry, I also reread my statement, it sounded rather condescending. so I do apologise if it was read that way.

Great that you no longer are afraid or have anxiety to venture out into the world.

That is a big accomplishment, Also good to hear that you're doing well hey

I feel like a right prick now. :doh: