Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMakeThemKitKatFries!

Most unnoticeable makeup for guy

Ok, First of all its kind of embarrasing asking this question but i really only plan on doing this for a short while until my problem goes away. Recently i got a procedure called fraxel repair and its left me with red cheeks 2 weeks after getting the procedure done. I thought it would have gone away by now but its still red and very noticeable. Unfortunately the redness on average takes about 4-8 weeks to completely go away and it sucks cause it looks like a have a very funny tan thats perfectly shaped on my cheeks. I can only go out at night unfortunately because of the sun and whenever i do i feel so goofy cause of my redness and its annoying to get all these weird looks, more than i did with acne lol. Anyways, i decided ill rather wear a little makeup and try to hide the color so i dont feel so weird in social places at night. Which is better cause it might be a little harder to notice unless im indoors or something. Anyways, this is temporary but i just wanted to know based on the girls experiences what makeup might be best for my situation, the redness is not that bad but its still clearly visable. Anyways, i appreciate any answers and i guess ill go with the one that is recommended the most. lol I never thought ill be asking this question one day,kind of embarrasing for a guy

Ok, First of all its kind of embarrasing asking this question but i really only plan on doing this for a short while until my problem goes away. Recently i got a procedure called fraxel repair and its left me with red cheeks 2 weeks after getting the procedure done. I thought it would have gone away by now but its still red and very noticeable. Unfortunately the redness on average takes about 4-8 weeks to completely go away and it sucks cause it looks like a have a very funny tan thats perfectly shaped on my cheeks. I can only go out at night unfortunately because of the sun and whenever i do i feel so goofy cause of my redness and its annoying to get all these weird looks, more than i did with acne lol. Anyways, i decided ill rather wear a little makeup and try to hide the color so i dont feel so weird in social places at night. Which is better cause it might be a little harder to notice unless im indoors or something. Anyways, this is temporary but i just wanted to know based on the girls experiences what makeup might be best for my situation, the redness is not that bad but its still clearly visable. Anyways, i appreciate any answers and i guess ill go with the one that is recommended the most. lol I never thought ill be asking this question one day,kind of embarrasing for a guy

Well I don't think it's embarrassing at all. I don't see why anyone should have to feel weird about wearing makeup seeing that cosmetics is a billion dollar industry for a reason. If you don't want to look red you don't have to! Lol. Well I would use a primer because it will make your makeup look less obvious- ask for a sample! Do you have a local Sephora? They have been really good to me about giving samples of things. Try Smashbox primer. As for the makeup part, did you want foundation/powder/concealer/sheer tints???

Well, you're going to be introduced into a complicated world of different brand names, different types of make up, colors and things of that sort. lol so Welcome to what girls go through ;)

If you don't want to pull out the big bucks for a primer, which I don't blame you since you're a guy, lol there is one at Wal-Mart that is a lot like Smashbox's. It's called Hard Candy Envy. $8

The most natural looking make up you're going to get would be a mineral one. Again, if you don't want to spend much money, there's Physican's Formula at Wal-Mart that is like Bare Minerals. Though BM can be irritating and I heard PF is not.

I'm just not sure if a mineral make up would cover your redness or not...

Mmmm I'm a dude so I completely understand what you're going through. Although I'm gay (haha), I definitely can appreciate wanting to look natural. I recommend Mac's Studio Moisture Tint--this is a sheer, very low-coverage (just to even out skin tone) tinted moisturizer that is so easy to blend and gives you a natural finish (very hard to cake this up). It retails for around $30 which can be pricey, but definitely worth it.

As for a primer--that can help. Although top brand primers such as MAC or Smashbox may not be up in your ally, try a drugstore brand that has silicone--it can help apply concealer/foundation a lot better.

I would also recommend aloe vera. Aloe vera can not only act as a fantastic moisturizer for your skin, but also help alleviate redness over time.

Thanks for the replies guys but to be honest i think imma stick it out with the redness. I asked a friend the same question and she sauid considering the area of my redness it would be hard not to notice the makeup. I think ill get too much shit from the boys so ill rather have the redness then not here the end of the teasing lol. Thats how we are.

If you are looking for something "makeup"-wise to cover red and even your complexion go with Jane Iredale HE minerals. they are made for problematic skin, have a sunblock in them to protect you, are natural looking, feeling and- light weight. It is made for men! and can be put anywear. I sell it to my male clients at my work. It has a tint in it to mask redness and imperfections and isn't noticable- especially if you finish it with a spray of Jane Iredale Balance spray. It's makeup....but it's not; its actually marketed as a powder sunblock.

Edited by libra27

I think ill get too much shit from the boys so ill rather have the redness then not here the end of the teasing lol. Thats how we are.

That's why I love being queer, ha.

If you are looking for something "makeup"-wise to cover red and even your complexion go with Jane Iredale HE minerals. they are made for problematic skin, have a sunblock in them to protect you, are natural looking, feeling and- light weight. It is made for men! and can be put anywear. I sell it to my male clients at my work. It has a tint in it to mask redness and imperfections and isn't noticable- especially if you finish it with a spray of Jane Iredale Balance spray. It's makeup....but it's not; its actually marketed as a powder sunblock.

I have always been in need for a good foundation or concealer for my chin, but i find it hard to blend smoothly because after i shave i still have coarse skin from the stubble still raised. I can never get it to feel smooth that is just how thick my hair is. Can this still go over smoothly while applied by a brush? Also what would be better to use the Amazing Base or the Pure Pressed Base?

Also is that all i would need is to apply one of the bases or do i need other stuff? I am clueless on this shit lol. I have a murad concealer stick with SA acid in it, but it cakes up so easily and looks just as bad as the red marks i think. Again hard to put over rough tiny hairs.

Edited by JayQ

^ i think using a primer could help you. a primer is supposed to make the surface of your skin smoother before makeup, and it is also supposed to prolong wear. it's ok that you're clueless. sometimes i feel clueless about makeup, and i wear it a lot. lol . videos on youtube could offer a helpful visual .. there's a bunch of makeup tutorials on there. you don't have to use a brush. using your fingers is easier, and you don't have to worry about washing the brush.

I'm a straight guy and I wear foundation make up all the time when I go out for work, clubbing/bar hopping...etc. It clears up my redness and any spots. I use mineral powder with mineral veil. Nobody can tell, trust me.

1. Nobody expects a guy to wear it. So it's not in their reality that you have any and thus they don't see it.

2. If you do it right you can fool people who do know you wear it. (I have)

Just make sure you use a little and layer it if you need more. Technique is everything but it's super easy. Get any female to show you how, I did. I found videos on online on how to apply that helped me as well.

Lately my skin has been looking good simply because I'm getting it under control but I still use make up to make it look perfect when I'm going out on the weekend or something. Then I end up having better looking skin than all the other guys lol.

Edited by AlexAmore

Mineral powder would be the way to go for sure, first off it won't cause you further breakouts (just make sure it has very few ingredients, if the list is long it will likely break you out). Mineral makeup is really really natural looking even on guys. My sis works in hollywood doing photo shoots and she uses mineral makeup on guys. Just don't use Bare Escentuals as theirs has a dewy glow to it that looks glittery. You want something that looks more matte. The guys won't notice and it will cover the "redness". Mineral makeup is awesome for acne because it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide both of which are highly anti-inflammatory so it will help reduce inflammation while you wear it. Good luck!

Ok, so in definining words here in this thread.

Primer = foundation

makeup = concelear

Yes?

Also, a few brand names have been listed here, but please list any others that are of quality use for guys.

Edited by Tyler92

Mineral powder would be the way to go for sure, first off it won't cause you further breakouts (just make sure it has very few ingredients, if the list is long it will likely break you out). Mineral makeup is really really natural looking even on guys. My sis works in hollywood doing photo shoots and she uses mineral makeup on guys. Just don't use Bare Escentuals as theirs has a dewy glow to it that looks glittery. You want something that looks more matte. The guys won't notice and it will cover the "redness". Mineral makeup is awesome for acne because it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide both of which are highly anti-inflammatory so it will help reduce inflammation while you wear it. Good luck!

I have only ever used Bare Escentuals line of BareMinerals. I use their mineral veil to counteract the slight glittery look. It softens up the whole appearance quite nicely; a very important effect that seems to be overlooked. So I think I get the best of both worlds. A great foundation that covers very well and the mattifying and complexion softening effects of mineral veil.

I usually apply the veil only after the foundation and it's worked great, but I just looked at the website and they have tips and tricks. It says to really cut down on oil, shine, moisturizer, and humidity to also apply it prior to foundation. Will definitely include that step next time.

Make sure you guys wait for your moisturizer to be fully soaked in like 5 minutes or longer if needed or possible. Your face needs to be as dry as possible before applying. I usually use a towel, paper towel or something to dry up the skin surface a little more. moisturizers are all different and some can be serious pains and just stay on the surface like stubborn bastards. If anyone has any good recommendations let me know. I use Aveeno calming and it works for me and my make up if I don't use too much (sometimes I have a brain fart and apply too much lol). Hopefully the veil trick above will help even more. Looks promising.

Also guys you need to apply it all with a good quality kabuki brush. I use the Bare Escentuals one. Never had a problem with it. Rinse it in medium-hot water every once in awhile and let it dry completely over night or longer as needed then fluff it back to it's normal shape. I use a little dr. bronner's pepperment soap too.

Just my 2 cents. I'm by no means an expert. If you have better suggestions I would really appreciate them.

EDIT: If you wear contacts put them on AFTER make up (I made that mistake once and got irritated). If you're going to be outside all day then check your make up job in a mirror in natural light.

Edited by AlexAmore

Grow up!

Men don't wear make up. You wanna carry around a make up case

then that's your choice but i wouldn't do it or advise any other man to do it.

Maybe you should put down the eyeliner and find your balls. Just some advice.

Grow up!

First of all you act like you know me, in which you don't. Secondly, where in this thread does it mention carrying around a freakin make up case and wearing eye liner? Its foundation to cover up redness from acne big freakin deal. Get over yourself dude and your homophobic fears.

Makin sure that these are the two elements for guys:

Primer = foundation

makeup = concelear

Anything else needed for guys make-up wise, and did I define these terms correctly as used in this thread?

Makin sure that these are the two elements for guys:

Primer = foundation

makeup = concelear

Anything else needed for guys make-up wise, and did I define these terms correctly as used in this thread?

Primer and foundation are different things. Primer allows the foundation to go on better and smoothly and last longer. It's optional. I don't use it. I usually apply foundation in the evening before going out so longevity isn't necessary and my skin isn't horrible enough to warrant primer. You can always touch up too by dabbing your face dry with a towel and doing another brush over if you stop home from work and going out after for example. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it at all but I'm a bit broke and I do fine now.

Mineral veil is super important if you buy the foundation. It creates the matte look and evens you out even more which is a must.

Grow up!

First of all you act like you know me, in which you don't. Secondly, where in this thread does it mention carrying around a freakin make up case and wearing eye liner? Its foundation to cover up redness from acne big freakin deal. Get over yourself dude and your homophobic fears.

:clap:

Grow up!

:clap:

Burrrrned lol

Well hey man I wear concealer and have even had a hot girl call me out on it....

but just didn't let it get to me....because you can't win with people either way.....so I'd rather have them be astounded that I'm wearing make up than appalled at my scars and redmarks.....more than half the time there's an elephant in the room anyways....

so yea I wear this stuff.....

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Liquid Make Up

works good enough with my skin tone I got it at Walgreens.

Edited by DetoxEffect