Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deenem

Relatives keep bringing it up!

I am trying not to get myself depressed and worked up over acne. I am trying to avoid the topic as much as possible so I wont get upset, angry and depressed because acne can make you go crazy. But every time I visit a relative, they ask me, "have you been trying this or that product I gave you.?" I respond, "It doesnt work." Then they get upset or keep reassuring that I am the one not using the product not enough or not right. My friend called me today, "Oh, I can help you with your acne because I have excezma and we can work on it". Then in turn my parents tell me "your using too many products." What the hell do these people want me to do about it? I cant miraculously get clear skin, stop trying to pretend you care. LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. Maybe nine years ago, I would have liked your help while you looked at my pimply face and did nothing, but not now I'm twenty-one years old and fed up and just realized this is me and I'm flawed for the rest of my life. SO WHAT, I dont care anymore, really.

i understand ur feelings.

those pimples are so sudden and unpredictable, yet ppl juz blame everything on u like u muz have be slack on ur regime or eat too much chocolate or things liddat.

Irritating.

some ask me why do i have acne. like as if i know.

my relatives nv fail to break my confidence, and i find myself hating to visit my relatives.

I am trying not to get myself depressed and worked up over acne. I am trying to avoid the topic as much as possible so I wont get upset, angry and depressed because acne can make you go crazy. But every time I visit a relative, they ask me, "have you been trying this or that product I gave you.?" I respond, "It doesnt work." Then they get upset or keep reassuring that I am the one not using the product not enough or not right. My friend called me today, "Oh, I can help you with your acne because I have excezma and we can work on it". Then in turn my parents tell me "your using too many products." What the hell do these people want me to do about it? I cant miraculously get clear skin, stop trying to pretend you care. LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. Maybe nine years ago, I would have liked your help while you looked at my pimply face and did nothing, but not now I'm twenty-one years old and fed up and just realized this is me and I'm flawed for the rest of my life. SO WHAT, I dont care anymore, really.

Well you know your own skin better than other people (except maybe the derm lol), so try not to let the opinions of other people bother you (but I know that's easier said than done). But.. in the end, they're the ignorant people. They don't know squat about the persistent nature of acne. Have you tried talking to them about it? Maybe they don't know the extent that of the emotional impact that their ignorant words have on you.