Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I searched "Bio-oil" on the boards and could not seem to find something exactly pertaining to it. I am thinking of using this for facial scars and such, it seems pretty gentle. Has anyone tried or heard about this product? It's an orange bottle with a white cap.

Yep, My mom swears by it

Unfort for me it made my skin so oily

leaving me worried I'd break out I ended up quitting

I know, I suck so sue me!

=P

Sorry If I had anymore exp with it I'd offer way more advice and of corse write an excessive and I'm quite sure annoying (to read) essay (as I usually tend to do) he he

but for now all I can say is like mostly every darn thing in life that it tends to work for some and not for others.

Lets see who else can attest to that mantra?

See you Bek

; )

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

Yep, My mom swears by it

Unfort for me it made my skin so oily

leaving me worried I'd break out I ended up quitting

I know, I suck so sue me!

=P

Sorry If I had anymore exp with it I'd offer way more advice and of corse write an excessive and I'm quite sure annoying (to read) essay (as I usually tend to do) he he

but for now all I can say is like mostly every darn thing in life that it tends to work for some and not for others.

Lets see who else can attest to that mantra?

See you Bek

; )

Haha uh oh you don't suck you just worry, which is totally normal. I was just going to put it on my scars at night and when I am not going out... Maybe it wouldn't be SO oily if it's a spot treatment? Thanks for your reply anyway though, nothing wrong with writing a lot :)

Ah I just recalled something

he he back again

:lol:

If you are willing, I am now using Pure Vitamin E Oil to reduce my scarring

and fine lines etc

I use 70,000 iu so it is pretty high and generally good for you. my guess is that you may have to

shop around a bit to get one similar to mine, since it's quite hard to come by where I live

I bought mine over @ Holland&Barrett (Uk) USA may have an equivalent to that store, not sure

but might even have one there too? ;)

*mine is very clear, some are 'suppose' to be golden'yellow tinge in color

so it may vary. also the consitency of it is quite sticky. be sure to use a cotton bud when applying!.

other than that Go for it!

Hope you get what you're after

Tc and keep me posted Bek

= ]

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Bio-Oil-t262531.html

Yeah I quit using it after about a month. I would say it did help with the PIH but it seemed to make me break out more. It's really greasy.

PIH?? Aw your last post sounded like you thought it was good. So it didn't fade scars for you? But it takes 3 mos... Or you stopped using it because it made you break out? :(

Yeah I quit using it after about a month. I would say it did help with the PIH but it seemed to make me break out more. It's really greasy.

PIH?? Aw your last post sounded like you thought it was good. So it didn't fade scars for you? But it takes 3 mos... Or you stopped using it because it made you break out? :(

post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

yeah its good but wayyy to greasy for the face. unless you want new friends popping up and starting a party on your face. saying that it works for some people so :S

post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

yeah its good but wayyy to greasy for the face. unless you want new friends popping up and starting a party on your face. saying that it works for some people so :S

BAH HUMBUG :(

I wish there could be a website that shows all the different types of skin and like examples of using product on 5 people within those categories.

Yeah I think it works alright for fading red marks but it will most likely break you out in the process.

Yeah I think it works alright for fading red marks but it will most likely break you out in the process.

Well BOO then I won't use it haha not worth it.

My Mom uses it as well. She let me borrow some and I thought it felt sort of like massaging oil at a spa or something. Also, it takes a while to soak into your skin.

But Bio-Oil did take away some of my post-acne without giving me more pimples, so I give it a good rating. :)