Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barny

My Regimen Log

Hello all,

Today is my second day on the DKR. In the past 2 weeks I have broken out the worst in the past 9 months. I think the summer months always make my acne worse. Currently I have a handful of cysts that have finally started to heal. I hope this is the regimen I've been looking for. I will try to keep this log updated!

Ok, I currently have about 5 active cysts on my face. My chin and areas next to my nose have been crazy recently. I still have a bunch more cysts that have started to heal which is good. I haven't used BP for a really long time so I hope my skin gets used to it pretty fast. I've only experienced some burning after moisturizing, so far nothing I can't handle yet. Let's see what's gonna happen!

Edited by Barny

I guess this would be my third day on the regimen. Still got cysts, but I feel as though they are healing faster. Some acne coming to a head, normally I would pop them but I'm gonna wait them out for now. I might start ditching the moisturizer unless needed. It makes my face feel really greasy. I might switch to Olay moisturizer instead. So far no extreme dryness or burning from BP. I like the BP so far.

Day 4

5 new cysts. This sucks. Purging process? I really hope so.

Edit: Well today is a very discouraging day. Redness, peeling, swelling, cysts. I'm pretty pissed so far. I need to at least last 2 weeks but this sucks so bad. Especially since I had big plans for the week. AAAAAARGHH

Edited by Barny

Day 5?

Well my face is red, dry, peeling, and I have new hyper-pigmentation forming. Basically it's really CRAPPY. I will continue to wait and fight through this. Come on regimen.

Day 11

Things are still pretty bad. The cysts next to my nose are still there and don't seem to be going anywhere. My chin is a mess. It's red and bumpy, a bunch more cysts there. I never have this many at one time. I've actually never looked this bad before. I really hope this is a purging, if not, this BP is really messing my skin up. I'm really disheartened about this regimen. I thought it would help but it has made things a whole lot worse. The hyperpigmentation is already setting in. I wouldn't care about them if I knew the cysts were going away but they seem to be shrinking then growing again, it's driving me nuts. I'm starting to get really self conscious, I'm embarrassed to go out. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the regimen. I'll see what happens by week three but it's getting hard to keep with it.

Hang in there Barney, I'm on day 4 and plan on sticking it out 3-4 months...I reviwed soooooo many sucess stories and before and after photos that are stunning and encouraging about dkr regimen...things will get easier/better! :comfort:

Hang in there Barney, I'm on day 4 and plan on sticking it out 3-4 months...I reviwed soooooo many sucess stories and before and after photos that are stunning and encouraging about dkr regimen...things will get easier/better! :comfort:

Thanks ckko25. Let me know how things are working out for you.

So yesterday I almost quit. I have a lot of doubts right now whether or not this will work, but I think it's because I just want to be clear right now. I ended up not applying any BP last night. I'm going to continue on with this regimen and hope that things begin to change. I just never thought they'd get this bad first. I guess that's the dreaded 2 week phase. Let's see what happens next week.

Stick with it stick with it stick with it. Day 11-ish is no time to quit! :] The purging process is pretty horrible, but I think you'll see results later on.

Thanks for the support Anticlient!

End of week 3.

Things are finally improving. I've been on minocycline starting this week also which has seemed to help a lot. Most of my cysts have shrunk and are going away. A bunch came to a head over the week and I took care of them now just stuck with tons of red marks. I've been implementing AHA so we'll see if it helps. Still have some redness where I put the BP, but I think my skin is pretty adjusted to it.

End of week 3.

Things are finally improving. I've been on minocycline starting this week also which has seemed to help a lot. Most of my cysts have shrunk and are going away. A bunch came to a head over the week and I took care of them now just stuck with tons of red marks. I've been implementing AHA so we'll see if it helps. Still have some redness where I put the BP, but I think my skin is pretty adjusted to it.

Im on day 9 and my skin is very bad but we have to stick with it! also on minocycline, my skin looked ok after a week on it, then it got bad again! so i started this regimen in a last attempt before accutane!

good luck i will be following you!

End of week 3.

Im on day 9 and my skin is very bad but we have to stick with it! also on minocycline, my skin looked ok after a week on it, then it got bad again! so i started this regimen in a last attempt before accutane!

good luck i will be following you!

Oh yea my skin was really terrible after about a week and a half on the regimen. Def some type of purging. Week 3 has been a whole lot better. Hopefully it continues to clear and the red marks go away, but I've always been prone to scarring. Good luck!

Congrats on clearing. The purge is horrible at the time with any new product but once you're done you're done and you know there's not much or even nothing lurking below the surface to come out and surprise you one morning! Keep on going and you'll be clear in no time :)

Oh and thanks for stopping by my log! I'm finding it's a really good way to track my progress from day to day :D

Day 23

My face is healing up finally. The cysts that came with the initial breakout are almost gone. I think I had a lot of stuff under my skin that I didn't know about, but I'm glad it's out. I'm sure if I hadn't started the regimen they would have sprouted one by one anyway. I have plenty of hyperpigmentation but I've started using AHA and it feels good. I haven't had any burning from either the BP, AHA, or moisturizer in a while, however, I still have some light flaking. I also haven't been using much moisturizer during the day because I have very oily skin and I haven't seemed to need it. So far the what to expect page on the site has been pretty accurate, I hope things continue to get better. Let's see what the next few weeks have to offer.

End of week 5

So my skin has been alright I guess. The initial purge is mostly gone except for some terrible red marks. However, my chin still has some deep cysts that are taking forever to go away. Also new cysts pop up on my chin but usually go away in a few days. My chin area is a battle field for sure. I decided to stop using Dan's moisturizer, it still makes my skin red and because I only use the regimen on a portion of my face, those parts always look irritated. I'm going to try and find something new to use. I've still been using the AHA at night. not sure if its helping much. Let's hope for continued progress.

Hello everyone. This is the beginning of my 7th week and I can finally say I am clear. My skin isn't perfect but it is a million times better than it was a few weeks ago and much more more comfortable to live with. I'm not sure if it's been the regimen or Minocycline but it doesn't matter because I'm happy with the results. I have plenty of redmarks, but exfoliating with baking soda has been the best thing to work for me in the past. I'm going to continue both the regimen and medicine and hopefully see continued results!

Coming to the end of week 9 and things have been great. I've been clear since week 4 of the regimen. I've altered it a bit which seems to be working. I'm still on Minocycline twice a day which has probably helped as well. I only use the regimen once a day and occasionally twice a day but very light in the morning. This has helped keep my skin from drying out so I don't use a moisturizer. Plus, my skin is naturally oily. I use AHA a few times a week plus baking soda scrub during my nightly shower. Being in the sun and tanning has helped reduce my hyper-pigmentation significantly. After I had cleared up I had a bunch of red marks but they have slowly disappeared with exfoliation and tanning. I think I'm going to be on Minocycline for one more months and try to wean myself off the medication. I'm not sure if the medicine or the regimen has had more of an impact but I really hope after I stop taking the meds things continue to stay good. Let's see how the next 9 weeks go!

Hello!

7 months later the regimen has worked. I can't believe it but it works. Right now I do not have any active cysts. I still get the occasional pimple but it goes away very fast. I've modified the regimen so that I only use BP at night. No moisturizer because I have oily skin to begin with. I also wash with an SA wash at night. Anyone who has their doubts, it actually works!

Over a year and my skin is so much better than it was before! I'm still using Dan's BP. I don't think I can live without it!