Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scato

dealing with accutane side effects...

i'm really starting to feel the effects of accutane now!

i can deal with cracked lips...dry face... sore feet... losing lots of hair... breaking out..etc etc.. but the other day when i was taking a shower, my head felt sore. girls, if you've ever had your hair in a tight pony-tail (esp when you use hairspray) and left it up all day long, and the let it down, and it just hurt... that's what it felt like. and my head hurt really bad when i was brushing it. at first i thought my scalp was sunburned. but today i realized it's just my scalp drying out. and i have dandruff. i feel so...gross. and it's not like trying to wash the dandruff out of my hair helps any, because that of course just dries it out more...

what do i do? i'm embarrassed that someone's going to notice, and be like ew she has dandruff... because i'm like ew, i have dandruff, heh. i'm afraid to use any of that head and shoulders anti-dandruff stuff, because the last time i used it it burned... are there any other ways to treat dandruff?... or hide it for the duration of my treatment lol.

thanks!!

i'm really starting to feel the effects of accutane now!

i can deal with cracked lips...dry face... sore feet... losing lots of hair... breaking out..etc etc.. but the other day when i was taking a shower, my head felt sore. girls, if you've ever had your hair in a tight pony-tail (esp when you use hairspray) and left it up all day long, and the let it down, and it just hurt... that's what it felt like. and my head hurt really bad when i was brushing it. at first i thought my scalp was sunburned. but today i realized it's just my scalp drying out. and i have dandruff. i feel so...gross. and it's not like trying to wash the dandruff out of my hair helps any, because that of course just dries it out more...

what do i do? i'm embarrassed that someone's going to notice, and be like ew she has dandruff... because i'm like ew, i have dandruff, heh. i'm afraid to use any of that head and shoulders anti-dandruff stuff, because the last time i used it it burned... are there any other ways to treat dandruff?... or hide it for the duration of my treatment lol.

thanks!!

Neutrogena makes a good dandruff shampoo. Maybe that would work for you

my son has had good luck with the head and shoulders but don't use it if it burns because maybe you are allergic to something in it.

Good luck!