Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XianXian

Lactic Peel Questions

Hi, I have couple of red marks or red marks with scars on my ace, and just 2 days ago I did an Lactic acid peel(it was my first time), spent a 100 dollar, but the thing is I did not peel at all. and I would have to wait for another month for me to do the peel again.

But im looking at this makeupbyartist site, they also have lactic peel for cheaper, and I can do it twice a week, so my questions is Should I get it done by a professional aestician or should I do it myself?

and Will I be able to see results in my acne red scars?

I am a Asian Male, Hardly ever get break outs just a pimple or two, but the pimple will turn to acne red marks no matter what.

please help thank you

post-60158-1275111783_thumb.jpg

btw that just my big ass pimple

post-60158-1275111783_thumb.jpg

Edited by XianXian

I also start getting little bumps that's like my skin tone, is this normal? and could I start using BP again?

Anybody with an answer that can help me would be great

I also start getting little bumps that's like my skin tone, is this normal? and could I start using BP again?

Anybody with an answer that can help me would be great

I heard that little flesh colored bumps could be "milia", if you search the boards I am sure you can find out about it. Sorry I can't help much!!

haha its okay thanks for the tip,

my question is what's the difference between a professional doing lactic peel for me and myself doing it, doctor said once a month but on the site says once a week, don't know which one i should go for

You should see a professional for any type of chemical peel, considering your skin tone. Even a slightly darker skin tone has a higher susceptibility to change in pigmentation after an invasive procedure, even a minimally invasive one such as a peel. Also, it's not good to get a peel when you're still breaking out as that could irritate the skin and cause a worsened breakout. There are certain pre-peel routines you would need to follow to help avoid hyper or hypopigmentation, and an esthetician or derm could guide you and teach you what you need to know.

BP can help with large pimples and with small ones, and with preventing them from developing in the first place.

okay one more question, why does my doctor say i can only do peel once a month, when the makeup-artist lactic peel product says i can do it every week, what is the difference?

You should do the peel yourself. It is a very simple procedure, and as long as you are careful it is very safe (especially with lactic acid, which is pretty light stuff). Going to a derm is a COMPLETE ripoff. While it is true that darker skin tones are more susceptible to pigmentation changes, that mainly refers to high-strength acids like phenol and high-strength TCA. If low-strength TCA solutions have been deemed safe by derms to use on dark skin tones, I'm sure you'll have no problems with an alpha hydroxy acid.

You can definitely do a lactic acid peel once a week (and probably even more often, depending on the percentage). Your derm is just playing it safe to avoid any potential lawsuits.

But to be honest with you, you probably won't see any results (at least not any worth mentioning). Lactic acid IS the best out of all the alpha hydroxy acids to help with PIH issues, but as I said before, it's pretty weak stuff. I would use it a couple times to prime your skin, but then I would move on to TCA.

Also, keep in mind there is NO point, none whatsoever, in doing peels if you still have and are still getting pimples. The peel will aggravate the active lesions, leaving even more hyperpigmentation and possibly scarring. And, more importantly, your confidence and motivation will go right out the window when fresh lesions occur and you see your now-clear skin going right back to its old state of hyperpigmentation. Get your acne sorted out first.

Edited by Beautiful Day

okay I don't really get pimple anymore, it just that I happen to have a pimple on my cheek right now, is it bad if I applied lactic acid peel on top, or should I just avoid that part

okay I don't really get pimple anymore, it just that I happen to have a pimple on my cheek right now, is it bad if I applied lactic acid peel on top, or should I just avoid that part

Avoid any inflamed lesions.

Don't do a peel while you still have active lesions.

Once you're clear, then try a lactic acid peel.

Why do I not recommend a 'stronger' peel for you at this point?

TCA may produce some unintended color changes in the skin. This may be prevented by using a bleaching cream 2-3 weeks prior to treatment and usually occurs with darker skin. We highly suggest the Fading Gel if you have darker skin.
From: http://www.platinumskincare.com/chemical-f...eling-info.aspx I strongly suggest reading that ENTIRE link. Also read: http://www.platinumskincare.com/lacticacid50peel.aspx

Remember:

Preparing for Your Chemical Peel

For the best results with any chemical peel, you should first follow a skin care regimen which may include the use of AHAs, Retin A, Kojic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, etc. to prepare your skin’s surface, and even out the skin tone itself. *EX- Retinol .10% (or Serum 15%) and Vitamin C Complex daily. If you have pigmentation you should implement the Fading Gel as well. This will make the peel more effective and will make your skin less likely you hyper-pigment. * Make sure you have a supply of SPF (100% uva & uvb) to protect your skin before and after the peel. A minimum of 25 is required.