Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiskers McCoy

P+B shakes; anyone else just pretend they're chocolate milkshakes?

I had to laugh at myself yesterday. It was 4am, and I was midway through my very first liver flush. I had done the weeks of prep, downed the salts, p+b shakes, then the olive oil and grapefruit juice.

Then two hours later I was lying down and felt the sudden urge to blow chunks. Minutes later I was starring down into the porcelain bowl now filled with nothing but olive oil and grapefruit juice. Curled up in a nauseus fetal position on the bathroom floor I started to think about all the things I have done in the name of better health.

The 3 hour long shopping trips spent reading labels.

The months of 'cutting out' foods, which eventually left me with brown rice, raisins and nuts. Which I ate as cereal with soya milk for three meals a day for a while. No joke.

One adolescent crazed summer I tried to cut out ALL carbs thinking carbs were the root of all evil and acne. And passed out in an airport toilet.

The endless supplimentation, discovering herbs and taking them at ridiculously high doses just to see if it speeded up the clearing of my skin.

Not to mention the days spent hiding away in my house with various concoctions smothered on my face. There was the week of avacado, where I'd actually just smother it as paste onto my face and sit with it on all day like a mask.

The first time I discovered benzoyl peroxide, at a 5 % strength solution in Boots pharmacy and lathered it on. My face was so burnt I couldn't leave the house for two weeks. My skin actually turned beetroot red, and started peeling off. I couldn't even move to smile.

I mean the idea is balance isn't it. And a lot of the cleanses, detoxes and dietary changes we do bring us back into balance. And it has been proven to help a lot of people. Including myself. But, whilst sipping my p+b shake today, followed by an 8 oz glass of diluted apple cider vinegar, I just thought about how ridiculous it all seems sometimes, to be doing these things, when the idea of detoxing to the majority of the world is to have a cup of tea. Or to go to the extreme and *gasp* drink water. Not even filtered water.

Edited by Whiskers McCoy

Good post and your definitely right, there's a lot we do to have clear skin. I've realized over the past 6 months that its not so much about lotions and creams as much as it is to fix the imbalances in the body (easier said that done).

Find the root cause of your issue and your skin magically clears up without any harsh drugs etc.

With that said, I'm highly considering doing some P&B shakes followed by some liver flushing. Do you feel like it helped? How many shakes do you do a day? I read to start off with one and go up to 4-5 over the next week or so. Also are you fasting or just taking your shakes an hour before or after eating?

Stay strong, I'm sure your on the right path!

PANIC

That is a startling read drizzler. It seems everything we put into our bodies, is carcegenic. Thanks for the info there.

I do feel the shakes are helping though. But obviously it's much better to get that dietary cleansing fiber naturally from your diet.

Are enemas more beneficial and possibly less harmful?

Panic, I'm drinking 2-3 shakes a day. A couple of hours after each meal. I don't think the liver flush was successful because I chundered up the grapefruit and olive oil solution a few hours later haha. My bad. Will try again in a few weeks.

I did do the apple fast for three days. I don't think it's healthy depriving your body of nutrients for that long. I didn't feel much better to be honest. I was tired and I lost 3 pounds. Which is not good for me as I'm trying to maintain and gain weight. High metabolism + 3 days with nothing inside me but apples = hallucinagenic, cranky bitch. I was so fricken hungry. I could have eaten my housemate.

Edited by Whiskers McCoy

I just wanted to say somewhere on here, I was so excited this morning in a really geeky way, because I'd thought my attempted liver flush had been in vane because I chundered up the grapefruit and olive oil after a few hours of drinking it, but it wasn't!

*poo reference alert*

I looked behind me this morning after a visit to the loo and there were at least 10 little balls floating at the top of the toilet bowl! All different colours. All different sizes. I know people do liver flushes all the time on here, but this was my first one and I'm so happy that it actually worked. =D

YAY FOR EPSOM SALTS AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF IVE BEEN GUZZLING DOWN FOR WEEKS.

I'm going to do it again next month. And keep drinking the apple cider vinegar and lemon water daily to help keep my liver cleansing constantly.

Sorry just wanted to post somewhere. Boo yah!

Yay!!! Did you have any gallbladder pains like pain or uncomfortable feeling in under your ribcage on the right side? (Weird question!) I hear so many awesome things about the liver flush, BUT I'm scared as it sent a friend of mine to emergency when they had a gallstone get stuck on them! That TOTALLY freaked me out because I have had a gallbladder attack before and it was painful! (That obviously means I DO have gallstones). I hear people's health become "vibrant" after a liver flush. Please update with details! So excited! (*Lives vicariously through you while you do liver flushes*) : D

Yay!!! Did you have any gallbladder pains like pain or uncomfortable feeling in under your ribcage on the right side? (Weird question!) I hear so many awesome things about the liver flush, BUT I'm scared as it sent a friend of mine to emergency when they had a gallstone get stuck on them! That TOTALLY freaked me out because I have had a gallbladder attack before and it was painful! (That obviously means I DO have gallstones). I hear people's health become "vibrant" after a liver flush. Please update with details! So excited! (*Lives vicariously through you while you do liver flushes*) : D

Hey Smartie, nah I can understand why that might put you right off flushing in that way though, gosh I hope your friend was ok. I've been drinking at least half a pint of diluted apple cider vinegar for about two months prior to the flush as I've heard the malic acid helps to dissolve the stones, hence making them small enough to pass through the ducts. But still getting one stuck would be really scary. But I really felt no pain at all. The one thing I did feel about 20 minutes after drinking the grapefruit and olive oil was a sort of popping on my right side( I suck at biology, is this near to where the liver is located?) and I read on that that could have actually been the stones popping through my bile ducts. The leaflet I have explaining a liver flush describes it as 'it could feel like tiny marbles on the move'. It made me laugh though when I felt it, but was cool to think it was actually working. My forehead acne has cleared up massively, which is encouraging=) and I do feel cleaner, but obviously that could just be psychological now I know I've done a flush. I've been taking milk thistle this week as well. But I have to stop taking it tomorrow because I'm still on the pill and it could stop its effectiveness, I begin a new month tomorrow. I'm going to try and do this 'cleansing week' every month now when I have my pill free week. I'm hoping it might strengthen my liver so that when I come off the pill, it might be an easier transition. Wishful thinking? And for the rest of the month I'm going to drink my lemon water, diluted apple cider vinegar, apple juice not from concentrate, my diluted hydrogen peroxide water and my p + b shakes. Hoping this will help to keep me ticking over as well.

My diet is pretty good I'd say:

Fruit: apples, pears, lemons, rasberries and blueberries.

Veg: brocolli, green beans, peas, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus, onions. Sometimes potato, but not often.

Nuts: brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds.

Oils: Extra virgin olive oil.

Protein: organic free range eggs, quorn, fish 2-3 times a week.

Dairy: Organic cheese.

Grains: Wheat free: Bread, pasta, spaghetti. Brown rice, quinoa and buckwheat.

Although I am prone to getting drunk once every two weeks it seems. Which will probably undo all the good work haha. And when I'm wasted I crave junk food. eg. pizza, chips, doritos, shit basically.

It seems though if I drink my hydrogen peroxide a couple of hours after meals, and then my p+b shake a few hours later. It soaks up any toxins, so that I can eat different things and drink a little bit.

But hydrogen peroxide is a contraversial remedy it seems. Although, I am getting on pretty well with it. 2-3 drops a day.

But sigh. I'm happy to drink it for now, and then to take it occasionally to keep myself in check.

Smartie, I think there are a lot of different ways to cleanse the liver apart from that particular flush, which I'm sure you know about. That Gold tincture tea, that helps to break down gallstones as well. I mean I'm sure naturally if you are drinking these things and eating well, and your not taking the pill with all those excess hormones your liver is getting better and better at doing its job every day without forcing grapefruit juice and olive oil through your pipework=)xXx

p.s dude, I just realised you mentioned the right side! So that was what was happening haha. Sorry, I'm quite a slow person. People often ask me if I'm a stoner. But I've never smoked weed in my life. But if you want an idea of what I'm like in real life, that is pretty much me, minus the weed. My boyfriend says he likes that I'm chilled. Nice way of saying I'm slow really.

Edited by Whiskers McCoy