Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LocalMack

Oil Control - Alternative to Powder?

I started a new regimen about 5 months ago - wash my face with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Facial Cleanser, follow up with Clindamycin lotion in the morning and Epiduo in the evening, and Purpose moisturizer afterward. I really like it - it's a lot less harsh than ProActiv, which I was using (with success, for a while) before.

I like to keep my makeup to a minimum - light foundation in my t-zone (Origins "Stay Tuned"), a little blush (Benefit's "Dandelion"), a little bit of eyebrow gel (Cover Girl) and a dab of undereye brightener (Benefit's "Ooh La Lift").

However, by midday I'm noticeably shiny. I'm under the impression (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that people "touch up" their shine with powder. But I really don't like the idea of putting on more makeup, especially since it's summer and I don't want to load my pores with gunk.

I've also thought about using oil-blotting sheets, but it seem as though this is essentially putting a light powder on your face - again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Recently, I've been taking a damp cotton ball and dabbing it around my problem areas (around the nose, eyelids, above my cheekbones, etc), but I'm hesitant to do this elsewhere (like my t-zone, which really needs it) because I don't want to "wash" off my makeup or medication. Does anyone have any quick-fix tips for blotting oil throughout the day, preferably that won't coat me in makeup and/or clog my pores? If you're die-hard about powder or oil-blotting sheets, I'd love to have my mind changed.

I started a new regimen about 5 months ago - wash my face with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Facial Cleanser, follow up with Clindamycin lotion in the morning and Epiduo in the evening, and Purpose moisturizer afterward. I really like it - it's a lot less harsh than ProActiv, which I was using (with success, for a while) before.

I like to keep my makeup to a minimum - light foundation in my t-zone (Origins "Stay Tuned"), a little blush (Benefit's "Dandelion"), a little bit of eyebrow gel (Cover Girl) and a dab of undereye brightener (Benefit's "Ooh La Lift").

However, by midday I'm noticeably shiny. I'm under the impression (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that people "touch up" their shine with powder. But I really don't like the idea of putting on more makeup, especially since it's summer and I don't want to load my pores with gunk.

I've also thought about using oil-blotting sheets, but it seem as though this is essentially putting a light powder on your face - again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Recently, I've been taking a damp cotton ball and dabbing it around my problem areas (around the nose, eyelids, above my cheekbones, etc), but I'm hesitant to do this elsewhere (like my t-zone, which really needs it) because I don't want to "wash" off my makeup or medication. Does anyone have any quick-fix tips for blotting oil throughout the day, preferably that won't coat me in makeup and/or clog my pores? If you're die-hard about powder or oil-blotting sheets, I'd love to have my mind changed.

A very odd but very effective trick:

Toilet seat covers. They don't leave anything on your face (such as powder) and sop up oil even better than some blotting sheets. Haha it sounds weird, but I do it all the time in the summer.

i have never used a blotting sheet that had powder on it, but maybe some do..? anyways, i would say try using blotting sheets. The kind i use (Clean and Clear) are really good, and they have no powder on them. they are really soft, blue sheets that absorb any oils. However, sometimes i feel that using a good old kleenex to blot is better and faster.

i have never used a blotting sheet that had powder on it, but maybe some do..? anyways, i would say try using blotting sheets. The kind i use (Clean and Clear) are really good, and they have no powder on them. they are really soft, blue sheets that absorb any oils. However, sometimes i feel that using a good old kleenex to blot is better and faster.

Hm, I remember using the Clean & Clear ones when I was younger, but the website says they contain mineral oil, which makes me a little nervous.

If you are going to use blotting sheets I recommend Boscia blotting sheets, they're all-natural and they're very good!

You can get them at Sephora for $10 (100 sheets!, which is a good value since the C&C blotting sheets are 50 for $5)

Hm, I remember using the Clean & Clear ones when I was younger, but the website says they contain mineral oil, which makes me a little nervous.

Mineral oil is not comedogenic.