Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losingmymind

ALCAT Food Sensitivity Test

After twenty years of cystic acne on my face and my back, I think I found my cure!!!

In a last ditch effort to rid myself of this horrible affliction, I dumped $1,200 into a platinum comprehensive ALCAT Sensitivity Test. After a month on the diet, I am actually starting to look like a normal human being again!!! I've been doing homeopathy as well, but I know in my gut that my healing is from the ALCAT diet because whenever I fall off the diet, I almost immediately get a breakout. As soon as I get back on the diet, it starts to clear!!!

I don't know that you need to do the platinum comprehensive test, but if you decide to do it, get as many foods as you can.

For years I've been a health nut, cutting out gluten, dairy, sugar, soaps, perfumes, dyes, but none of it helped.

According to MY test, I am highly sensitive to garlic, tomato, egg yolk, green tea (my lifeblood beverage), beet sugar (which is otherwise known as just plain white "sugar"), gluten and dairy (as I suspected), and several other things. But, these seven things are in EVERYTHING!!! I basically cannot eat anything prepared anymore because garlic is added to just about everything on the shelf. I also can't drink alcohol... at least not any I've found yet.

I'll check back in once a month with my progress!!!

It's amazing to think that I may actually be free of acne forever!!!! :)

After twenty years of cystic acne on my face and my back, I think I found my cure!!!

In a last ditch effort to rid myself of this horrible affliction, I dumped $1,200 into a platinum comprehensive ALCAT Sensitivity Test. After a month on the diet, I am actually starting to look like a normal human being again!!! I've been doing homeopathy as well, but I know in my gut that my healing is from the ALCAT diet because whenever I fall off the diet, I almost immediately get a breakout. As soon as I get back on the diet, it starts to clear!!!

I don't know that you need to do the platinum comprehensive test, but if you decide to do it, get as many foods as you can.

For years I've been a health nut, cutting out gluten, dairy, sugar, soaps, perfumes, dyes, but none of it helped.

According to MY test, I am highly sensitive to garlic, tomato, egg yolk, green tea (my lifeblood beverage), beet sugar (which is otherwise known as just plain white "sugar"), gluten and dairy (as I suspected), and several other things. But, these seven things are in EVERYTHING!!! I basically cannot eat anything prepared anymore because garlic is added to just about everything on the shelf. I also can't drink alcohol... at least not any I've found yet.

I'll check back in once a month with my progress!!!

It's amazing to think that I may actually be free of acne forever!!!! :)

WOW that's a lot of stuff to be sensitive too. I'd almost be scared the get that test done haha... Congrats on getting clear :). That's a lot of money to shell out, but if it clears you it's worth it!

I think $1200 is worth it. I've spent 10 years looking for the cause of my acne. Definitely worth it in the end.

I just took an EnteroLab test which analyzes the white blood cell count in my stool sample. I was allergic to gluten, soy and yeast. That was $300.

Edited by Dotty1

Congrats on the progress, but I don't think you have the complete answer yet.

From all my research and the food sensitivities I've developed over the past year, I've found that these issues usually arise from a bigger issue; such as gut dysbiosis, candida, leaky gut etc.

Furthermore, Denise's son who mega dosed on Colostrum and healed his gut was able to go back to eating all the foods he loved without cystic acne anymore. I know that's only one person, but I've read plenty of info that states when you heal the gut you'll get rid of your food sensitivities.

Also another good test for food issues is the MRT 150.

Good luck.

PANIC

Congrats on the progress, but I don't think you have the complete answer yet.

From all my research and the food sensitivities I've developed over the past year, I've found that these issues usually arise from a bigger issue; such as gut dysbiosis, candida, leaky gut etc.

Furthermore, Denise's son who mega dosed on Colostrum and healed his gut was able to go back to eating all the foods he loved without cystic acne anymore. I know that's only one person, but I've read plenty of info that states when you heal the gut you'll get rid of your food sensitivities.

Also another good test for food issues is the MRT 150.

Good luck.

PANIC

I am wondering how you can "heal your gut" there are so many different "ways" of doing that. It's all soooo confusing.

Technically the gut heals itself, however it's up to you to provide the optimal environment and conditions needed for it to do so.

The root of the problem stems mainly from poor diet and lifestyle, and other extraneous factors such as toxins and pollutants, chemicals in food, drugs, etc (which you have some control over as well, i.e. avoiding exposure) This in turn encourages bacterial dysbiosis, including candida albicans; on these boards "candida" has sort of become an umbrella term for what may be any of a range or degree of dysbiosis, parasites, "bad" bacteria etc.

In fact, the gut can regenerate itself fairly quickly, although as long as you still have bacterial dysbiosis, and continue to partake in the lifestyle habits that encourage it, it's like sending reinforcements into an endless minefield.

There are also key nutrients which are essential to a healthy gut lining/regeneration, of which a deficiency could cause poor gut integrity.

Does anyone happen to know if ALCAT is the same as the scratch tests offered at doctor's offices? I paid $700 for a scratch test at the doctor's office last year. They tested 20 common foods and said I had no sensitivities. Then they said, "Of course, the scratch tests are many times wrong..." (After I paid them my $700...)

I get cysts from citrus and do not have any gut issues. And after a couple years of very healthy eating that cleared my skin and many years of avoiding citrus, I tried having half a tangerine and broke out in cysts the next day.

But it is true that gut issues can lead to other allergies and sensitivities that may go away once you deal with the gut issue.

I noticed "quackwatch" came up when I typed in ELISE allergy test. But that does not happen when I type in ALCAT. :think:

I've had a bad setback... The diet is hard to do, so I'm not sure I haven't had things I shouldn't have, it's hard to know.

I just thought I should be honest and let everyone know I'm not quite sure this is the answer... the jury is still out...

I found they have an informative video that does mention acne right on their main web page. I wish we could find others who have tried ALCAT.