Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdenisse

AHA products or Other Acne Marks Reducers?

I recently went to a Grocery Store that sells organic foods and I stumbled upon a product call Age Spot Care. It says it contains "10% Aplha Hydroxy Acids". I decided not to buy it yet because I was hoping someone on here has tried it and if it has worked well on them. I don't want to order Dan's AHA because I don't want to order online right now, so I want to find the best AHA that I could get in the stores. I have been using the regimen for about 2 months now, once at night for 4 days and twice a day at least 2 or three days a week. My skin ,overall, looks good but I still have those annoying red marks. Does anyone know a good AHA I could get at the stores or something I could get at the stores that gets rid of or reduces the red marks? I did ask a similar question before this but didn't specify that I DON'T WANT TO BUY ONLINE and everyone kept telling me to get the AHA on here. So please don't refer me to Dan's AHA. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi jdenisse,

I have only tried Dan's AHA. However, many people seem to like "Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion." I believe it is sold at local drug stores (Walgreens, etc). Like I said, I haven't tried it, but a lot of people love it.

The link below has reviews of the product:

http://www.acne.org/alpha-hydrox-aha-enhanced-lotion-reviews/234/page1.html

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Admins, why can't I link? jdenisse, please copy and paste the link into your browser and it should work.

Edited by Dan Fan

Thank you very much. We just recently added a Walgreens here so I will have to check it out.

Edited by jdenisse

I have scoured my local Walgreens for any products with AHA and I failed to find any, so I was forced to order Dan's. Just a head's up, you might not find it in stores, but if you do please let me know where. :P I looked at Walmart too, and I think I recall looking at Target, and couldn't find any there either. I like Dan's though. Maybe you could compare the ingredients of Dan's the the ingredients of the one you found in the store? If they are pretty similar I'd go ahead and get it.

I did find one at a store. It was called Age Spot Care. But, unfortunately, it was a local store, not a big box chain store. I do know that many big box stores carry different items, styles of clothing, groceries, etc. depending on the region. I learned that shopping in places such as Puerto Rico and in Florida, where that same store would carry different items than the store where I live. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that maybe I will find something in my local Walgreens. If not, I will definitely check out that AHA in my local Grocery Store again and try it out, and of course, post the ingredients on here. Silly me, I took a picture of the product's front label( to remember the name) but I should of also taken a pic of the listed ingredients to check if they were safe. I always like to do a little research about the product before I try it out. But if i do try this out, I will try to keep you posted on whether it worked for me or not.

Edited by jdenisse

I actually found some listed ingredients of it on a website. Here is what it says:

" * Formulated with a 10% blend of glycolic, malic, citric, and tartaric acids

* Gently promotes exfoliation and surface cell turnover for greater skin clarity, luminosity, and even skin tone

* Each press of the pump contains a special brightening blend of Alpha Hydroxy acids, CoQ10, Vitamin E, Tea Tree Oil, and Menthol

DIRECTIONS: Apply one full press of the pump twice a day to clean, dry skin. Sunburn Alert: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Glycerine, Helanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycolic Acid (Glypure® L), Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, L-Arginine, Bees Wax, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetearyl Monolaurate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Alginate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Menthol, Ubiquinone (Co Q-10)."

Don't know if you could post links but here ya go: http://www.vitaminlife.com/product-exec/pr...m/Age+Spot+Care

Are any ingredients on here a dangerous combo when mixing with BP? If not, I will buy it at my local store

Not necessarily. I always keep my face clean(never over wash) and moisturize as well, but I still get acne. Everyone's skin is different, so it is a little unfair to assume everyone who keeps their face clean will never have to worry about acne again. Hell, if that were the truth, there would never be an Acne.org board, and there wouldn't be uber rich acne companies such as Rodan and Fields(Proactiv), Murad, Max Clarity, and so on. Also, as I have mentioned before, I don't want to order online. But thank you so much for the other link explaining AHA and the ingredients in it. It really helped a lot, knowing that these ingredient are safe to use. I think I will have to make a trip to my local grocery store, next time I have money and buy the AHA cream.

Also, it's not the acne scars I worry about( I don't have many). It's the little red marks, the ones that fade away in time. I just need something that will help them fade away quicker.

Edited by jdenisse