Notifications
Clear all

manuka honey....wow

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 07/23/2004 11:49 pm

Active Manuka Honey. Wow. Stuff works great to fade redmarks and kill bacteria. I've tried everything. EVERYTHING! This is the only stuff that actually worked. Only been on it for 2 days, and I can see a noticeable difference. www.wildernessfresh.com it's like $20 shipped. Stop asking questions about crap that will take 5-6 months to work...this stuff is great! I woke up this morning and I was like...woah...hopefully I will be clear before school starts.

MemberMember
(@tomorrowneverknows)

Posted : 07/23/2004 11:54 pm

i saw them on ebay bids were starting from $2 .....

MemberMember
(@healtysceptic)

Posted : 07/24/2004 1:52 am

I have read many breathless raves on this site based on one or two days usage of any number of products, methods and procedures. Rarely do they pan out. I suggest you let us know how the product is doing after a month. Pretty large chance your enthusiasm will vanish.

James

MemberMember
(@arcticmonkey)

Posted : 07/24/2004 6:27 am

haha! always the optimist Healthysceptic

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 07/24/2004 6:02 pm

I also think manuka honey is an excellent product for overall skin health - I wouldn't say it was a miracle product that's going to fade red marks in days, but I think it can have an effect, and is great for use on active spots and wounds as it helps fight infection.

I also take it internally, and use it as part of my cleanser and toner - both are from www.livingnature.com - this company uses manuka oil and honey in the majority of their products and there are many posters on this board who love them!

Here're some links for you about manuka honey:

www.manukahoney.co.uk - a very informative site

www.comvita.com - they sell manuka honey at fairly reasonable prices.

A thread where a guy on the board logs his progress with manuka honey

Best products of 2003 thread - look at the amount of people that include it as one of their favourite products!

Another great thread

Hope this is helpful! smile.gif I must reiterate that it is NOT a miracle product though - just a great one!

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 07/24/2004 10:00 pm

Yes it is not a miracle product, but I must say, after using this for the past few days my skin is getting alot better. Red marks are still there, but are fading faster than when I was using hydroquinone or exfoliating or just about anything else. If you don't believe me, just try it. It's only $20.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/24/2004 10:10 pm

I'm sure it can be found at my local healthfood store. I might try it myself. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@mich)

Posted : 07/25/2004 3:52 am

It is not worth the money, really.

MemberMember
(@frances)

Posted : 07/25/2004 4:13 am

You guys know that I am based in NZ. Ok there was a recent article in Consumer jan/feb 2004 (a respected and impartial publication which tests products and services against their claims and publish their findings) about Manuka Honey. Consumer tested the UMF/antibaterial activity claims here is a summary of results....

biggrin.gif given the thumbs up for having high anti bacterial activity.

Beesonline UMF 15+

Comvita Active Manuka Honey UMF 15+

Happy Valley Certified Organic Active 10+

Healtheries - Apodea Active UMF10

Honey NZ Active UMF 10+

Kiwi Gold Active Active 15+

Kiwi Natural Health Active UMF 12+

Summer Glow Apiaries - Active UMF16

those to avoid - having uneven or undetectable antibaterial action:

New Zealand Gold

Comvita Active UMF5+

Honeyland New Zealand

Bee Healthy Active

Green Top Deer Horn

Hislops Natures Sweetness

Made in New Zealand Ltd. Organic

Manuka Honey UMF 12 Active

Red Seal New Zealand Manuka Honey

Hope it was useful for someone - cos it was boring to type

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/25/2004 10:27 am

Thank you for taking the time to type that out, Frances I'll be using it as a guide. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 07/25/2004 12:45 pm

It is not worth the money, really.
MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 07/25/2004 2:26 pm

Generally, the higher the UMF rating, the more effective the honey is likely to be if taken internally or applied externally. However, higher UMF's usually mean higher prices.

I hear that they are now producing a manuka honey with UMF 20, which is the highest yet. I think it's comvita who are producing this.

By the way, manuka OIL is even more effective than the honey against bacteria. Manuka honey is antibacterial because it is made from the manuka plant; the oil which is taken straight from the plant is essentially the plant's hormone system, and is therefore much stronger. It's 33 times more antibacterial than tea tree oil and I highly recommend it for application on active acne.

I purchase mine here: HERE (I actually shop at the UK one but I put the US address coz I know that's where the majority of members are from)

Very expensive but a brilliant product. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 07/25/2004 2:26 pm

aznboi986 - are you using it topically or taking it internally question.gif

MemberMember
(@omgitspres)

Posted : 07/26/2004 11:39 am

i just bought some with umf 20+ for my b-day lol. is that too high? i dont have acne but i would like to make my skin a little clearer! i hope i didn't go overboard and buy too strong of umf. is over 20 okay? how long does it take to ship to your house? i really wanna start using it! thanks!

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 07/26/2004 11:54 am

aznboi986 - are you using it topically or taking it internally question.gif

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/30/2007 12:09 am

Ok, so will it work about the same internally versus externally? Also, can someone link where to buy each and what product I should buy.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/05/2007 4:45 pm

Hey I'm looking into this for an anti-bacterial agent, is it possible that your immune system might fight the anti-bacterial properties of manuka honey and deem it useless over time?

MemberMember
(@sgxyo3man)

Posted : 09/08/2007 4:00 am

Can anyone else vouch for this treatment?

Hey I'm looking into this for an anti-bacterial agent, is it possible that your immune system might fight the anti-bacterial properties of manuka honey and deem it useless over time?
MemberMember
(@spoolice)

Posted : 09/08/2007 4:05 am

I dont know about long term... But apart from spot treatment, you can make a good mask out of manuka honey and lemon juice. Feels sooo soft and nice afterward. I make a honey mask l2 or 3 times a week and leave it on half an hour.

MemberMember
(@sgxyo3man)

Posted : 09/08/2007 4:23 am

It looks like the manuka oil is more of an antibacterial solution.

I purchase mine here: HERE (I actually shop at the UK one but I put the US address coz I know that's where the majority of members are from)

Very expensive but a brilliant product. :)

MemberMember
(@catwhisperer)

Posted : 09/08/2007 5:18 am

I used to do manuka honey mask twice a week. My skin felt really smooth afterwards, but I'm not sure it did much else, because I've stopped doing it and there's no difference with my skin.

MemberMember
(@jenstar)

Posted : 01/02/2008 8:01 am

Can anyone recommend the most appropriate UMF rating for doing a honey facial mask?

MemberMember
(@o_o)

Posted : 01/02/2008 11:39 am

thanks for sharing

MemberMember
(@natural-girl)

Posted : 01/03/2008 4:50 pm

Can you use Manuka Honey while you are on accutane externally?

MemberMember
(@mikki-oz)

Posted : 04/23/2009 2:51 pm

If you want to try something a little less messy and time consuming, Bee Yummy raw skin food, it's sold at an all natural raw food store in NY I live in Canada, so I had it shipped to me WOW! it totally cleared up my skin, and feels velvety soft when it drys. The draw back is it is $29.00 us, not bad but by the time I add the exchange rate and shipping I am looking over $50.00, I am trying to get our local health food store to order it in for me since they have had a lot of request for it. It only has 8 ingredients in it first 4 are all related to the bee honey.

Wildflower honey

Honey Cappings

Bee Pollen

Propolis

St. Johns wort oil

Royal Jelly

Purified water

Balsam fir needles (for fragrance)

That's it, great stuff they have a web site at live live.com, The company is called [Removed]. They are a raw food store, but they seem to carry so much more than food, face care and makeup line, vitamins etc. I found out about if from a site I came across called High On Health, this girl Fran (from down under) highly recommended it, she has a video on the site just search bee yummy and you should find it. Hope this is help to you.