Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kazza

I'm clear!!

So I've been clear for several wks now but, as you can imagine, I've been REALLY reticent about coming on here and sharing this. A supersticious thing maybe ( touch wood quick! )

The action I was taking against the cursed acne consisted of the following;

I used chlorhexadine to wash my face morning and night. Then I cut to just bedtime once improvement noted.

I did a liver cleanse for 20 days. I adhered to this about 80%, so I wasn't dead strict. I just cut way down on the obvious culprits and took the supp shake daily ( Nutri Clear I think it was )

I started taking natural progesterone cream as I had established that my hormones were all too low for my age, even testosterone ( the usual suspect ). I had read of links between low progesterone and acne.

These were the only things that I was doing differently to what I had done before, whilst suffering this terrible affliction. The frustrating thing is, I don't know exactly which is responsible for me clearing. Also, I don;t know exactly what caused the acne in the 1st place, which is worrying as how can I avoid it coming back?

So currently I just keep dairy to an absolute min, i.e a sml amount in 2 cups coffee a day ( I use rice milk for cereal and in tea ) just incase. I stopped using chlorhexadine a few wks back, as it's a strong chemical and you don't wanna be putting that on your face for ever more. Also I wanted to test if the spots came back. They didn't, so maybe that wasn't solely responsible for me clearing.

On my skin now I use an organic face wash twice a day. In the morn I use Aubrey Organics with spf moisturiser. At night I've just started using Rosehip Oil 100% organic ( Trilogy ) and I mix about 4 drops with some jojoba oil and I moisturise with that.

I started using Rosehip as I am left with lots of red marks ( fecking annoyingly slow at fading! ) and this is meant to help with scaring etc. I also bought some Bio oil on impulse the other day, but I wanna give the rosehip a fair trial 1st, plus it's quite expensive!

I'm gonna stick with this regime and I might even start using rosehip morn as well, but I don't wanna start chopping and changing, I'll just let nature take it's course and try my best to be patient. Red marks are a given if you've had bad, deep, cystic acne I guess and skin is repairing itself all the time.

So that's it. I hope this might be helpful for even 1 person. Gonna test the stress factor in next week too as I'm moving house this wkend and meeting my bf's parents for the 1st time nxt wkend, who are staying with us for a month! lol

So I've been clear for several wks now but, as you can imagine, I've been REALLY reticent about coming on here and sharing this. A supersticious thing maybe ( touch wood quick! )

The action I was taking against the cursed acne consisted of the following;

I used chlorhexadine to wash my face morning and night. Then I cut to just bedtime once improvement noted.

I did a liver cleanse for 20 days. I adhered to this about 80%, so I wasn't dead strict. I just cut way down on the obvious culprits and took the supp shake daily ( Nutri Clear I think it was )

I started taking natural progesterone cream as I had established that my hormones were all too low for my age, even testosterone ( the usual suspect ). I had read of links between low progesterone and acne.

These were the only things that I was doing differently to what I had done before, whilst suffering this terrible affliction. The frustrating thing is, I don't know exactly which is responsible for me clearing. Also, I don;t know exactly what caused the acne in the 1st place, which is worrying as how can I avoid it coming back?

Can you elaborate on your liver cleanse? Are these safe to do? I have a hunch that I should do one also, but am not sure where to start.

So currently I just keep dairy to an absolute min, i.e a sml amount in 2 cups coffee a day ( I use rice milk for cereal and in tea ) just incase. I stopped using chlorhexadine a few wks back, as it's a strong chemical and you don't wanna be putting that on your face for ever more. Also I wanted to test if the spots came back. They didn't, so maybe that wasn't solely responsible for me clearing.

On my skin now I use an organic face wash twice a day. In the morn I use Aubrey Organics with spf moisturiser. At night I've just started using Rosehip Oil 100% organic ( Trilogy ) and I mix about 4 drops with some jojoba oil and I moisturise with that.

I started using Rosehip as I am left with lots of red marks ( fecking annoyingly slow at fading! ) and this is meant to help with scaring etc. I also bought some Bio oil on impulse the other day, but I wanna give the rosehip a fair trial 1st, plus it's quite expensive!

I'm gonna stick with this regime and I might even start using rosehip morn as well, but I don't wanna start chopping and changing, I'll just let nature take it's course and try my best to be patient. Red marks are a given if you've had bad, deep, cystic acne I guess and skin is repairing itself all the time.

So that's it. I hope this might be helpful for even 1 person. Gonna test the stress factor in next week too as I'm moving house this wkend and meeting my bf's parents for the 1st time nxt wkend, who are staying with us for a month! lol