Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

Bioskincare...

hmm... for some reason i dont trust that product. Reasons...

1. that thing claims to work on all skin conditions! melasma, scars, acne,blemishes, cellulite, stretch marks and post skin surgery. it sounds too good to be true, if it was that good, derms would be on it and other products would be unnecessary.

2. that thing is advertised EVERYWHERE on the search engine that has anything to do with skin, beauty, injury, etc etc. so its

3. there are no medical/tests run on subjects to prove its effectiveness (for example, Retinol, vitamin C, and copper peptides have scientific proof from testing it to support validity)

4. the way its marketed and advertised just make them seem like they're just trying to sell. At most... the product is just a really good moisturizer, which isn't worth the price.

thats just what i think, I have no solid evidence of it working or not : p

http://www.scarfreeskin.com/

I read a few reviews on it from here (http://www.acne.org/reviews/) but I'm not sure if they're fake reviews or not. What do y'all think? :think:

1. that thing claims to work on all skin conditions! melasma, scars, acne,blemishes, cellulite, stretch marks and post skin surgery. it sounds too good to be true, if it was that good, derms would be on it and other products would be unnecessary.

2. that thing is advertised EVERYWHERE on the search engine that has anything to do with skin, beauty, injury, etc etc. so its

3. there are no medical/tests run on subjects to prove its effectiveness (for example, Retinol, vitamin C, and copper peptides have scientific proof from testing it to support validity)

4. the way its marketed and advertised just make them seem like they're just trying to sell. At most... the product is just a really good moisturizer, which isn't worth the price.

oh and one of their main ingredients are snails/snail slime? thats actually good for your skin because it moisturizes it like crazy but nothing special that is worth 70 dollars.

http://www.scarfreeskin.com/

I read a few reviews on it from here (http://www.acne.org/reviews/) but I'm not sure if they're fake reviews or not. What do y'all think? :think:

Good points. However, number 1: I wouldn't think dermatologists would sell it anyway even if it worked wonders, because then there would be no need to sell anything else. And that would = less money. Plus dermatologists have never been into the "natural" kind of cure stuff. No type of doctor has.

Good points. However, number 1: I wouldn't think dermatologists would sell it anyway even if it worked wonders, because then there would be no need to sell anything else. And that would = less money. Plus dermatologists have never been into the "natural" kind of cure stuff. No type of doctor has.

Heya, i was a long term user of bioskincare. I used it and elicina (another snail cream). Lol i hope you trust my views, ive got over 500 posts on this board and ive been replying to you since youve been posting :P I remember I used it last year before my scarring got really bad. I was always out and about clubbing. Ah the memories. Anyhoo the review i wrote was as follows:

PS Its cartwheeling_monkey here. I finally learn how to change usernames. Its so cool. I feel like a new person already, lol.

Cartwheeling_monkey from Sydney

Pros I used bioskincare and elicina (another snail cream) for around 6 months. Bioskincare is definitely better (left a nicer skin tone) than the elicina. I stocked up and purchased 5 jars of bioskincare and 3 jars of elicina.

Cons They really didnt do anything for my indented scars. I have enlarged pores, very minor pitted scars and some more moderate boxscars and I can effectively say, it didnt do anything. I applied it morning and night and rubbed it in deeply each time to stimulate collagen growth and the breakdown of scar tissue. Unfortunately, it didnt do anything and doesnt get rid of old scars. Any pimples I did get in that period, which I picked also scarred, so as a scarring preventative, it also doesnt work.

Bottom line You are all more than welcome to try it, however I gave it my best shot, applying a substancial quantity over a long period of time, for smaller scars than most and didnt see any results. I am only being honest. Its best to save up for something that will help a bit more. I question the other postive posters here and ask, did you really see improvement or do you work for a company selling the product?

Recommended Yes

Price paid $600.00

Acne severity moderate

Edited by sydney_fellow

Heya, i was a long term user of bioskincare. I used it and elicina (another snail cream). Lol i hope you trust my views, ive got over 500 posts on this board :P I remember I used it last year before my scarring got really bad. I was always out and about clubbing. Ah the memories. Anyhoo the review i wrote was as follows:

PS Its cartwheeling_monkey here. I finally learn how to change usernames. Its so cool. I feel like a new person already, lol.

Pros I used bioskincare and elicina (another snail cream) for around 6 months. Bioskincare is definitely better (left a nicer skin tone) than the elicina. I stocked up and purchased 5 jars of bioskincare and 3 jars of elicina.

Cons They really didnt do anything for my indented scars. I have enlarged pores, very minor pitted scars and some more moderate boxscars and I can effectively say, it didnt do anything. I applied it morning and night and rubbed it in deeply each time to stimulate collagen growth and the breakdown of scar tissue. Unfortunately, it didnt do anything and doesnt get rid of old scars. Any pimples I did get in that period, which I picked also scarred, so as a scarring preventative, it also doesnt work.

Bottom line You are all more than welcome to try it, however I gave it my best shot, applying a substancial quantity over a long period of time, for smaller scars than most and didnt see any results. I am only being honest. Its best to save up for something that will help a bit more. I question the other postive posters here and ask, did you really see improvement or do you work for a company selling the product?

Recommended Yes

Price paid $600.00

Acne severity moderate

Thank you for showing me that. And yes, I do very much so trust your opinions and things like that! I've read posts on other threads too by you. Very informative. Now I have to remember your new screen name - lol. I really wish Bioskincare did work though...

Heya, i was a long term user of bioskincare. I used it and elicina (another snail cream). Lol i hope you trust my views, ive got over 500 posts on this board :P I remember I used it last year before my scarring got really bad. I was always out and about clubbing. Ah the memories. Anyhoo the review i wrote was as follows:

Recommended Yes

Price paid $600.00

Acne severity moderate

Thank you for showing me that. And yes, I do very much so trust your opinions and things like that! I've read posts on other threads too by you. Very informative. Now I have to remember your new screen name - lol. I really wish Bioskincare did work though...

lol im sorry. i cant even remember me now. i keep seeing the new screen name and go gosh golly who is that and its me... lol

the cream mainly seems to work for raised scarring, though they do have a lot of info about other mainstream treatments, lasers etc and why their cream is better. youd think with so much science ud think it would work. they have also purchased a number of other sites which they advertise on so they are hard to miss.

when i was younger and reckess i tried a strong tca peel on my tummy (i was going to do my face) and i was left with third degree burns. i was told id be red for at least 2 years and i put the bioskincare on it and it made the redness go almost instantly. quite magical if you believe in that kinda thing.

Edited by sydney_fellow