Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bleh

Stupid mirrors

so basically im 8 months post tane.

When im in a bathroom with good lighting, my skin looks excellent. Dark marks arent very prominent, indents are not very noticeable, only a few skin colored bumps on my skin, and my skin looks 99% clear. It also FEELS smooth when i wash my face.

However, when im in my school bathroom for example, my face doesnt look as good. Especially if i stand further back from the mirror or move my face out of direct light. It looks like theres a lot more oil on my face, dark marks and indents look bigger, and the skin colored bumps look worse.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I have that same problem too, unfortunately. ):

If only all the light in the world was like in my bathroom!

hahaaaa mine too! >_<

my bathroom and room mirrors are both amazing

and the color of my room makes me look tan O_O ?

hahaaa XD

Edited by mslily009

You think thats bad? Imagine this. Ive got alot of red marks so I put spf up alot. I put it on in the morning, it stayed on till the evening, I didnt get a chance to go home and wash it off. ended up going with my friends to a club. The club has this white light/neon lighting. Everyone looks super cool with their teeth gleaming and white clothes shining. My cheeks are glowing brighter than the ****ing sun. ¬_¬

Totally can relate. I think my skin's improving no-end when I look in mirrors in the house. Bought my 1st car the other night and made the big mistake of looking in the rear view mirror. OMG! never again.

Hate mirrors that show up every single imperfection. It makes you wonder how exactly other people see you. Is it like the bad mirrors or the good?

I so agree. I literally spend 15 more minutes just starting at how good I look in my bathroom mirrors. At school I can't see myself during class, but the lighting there prob makes me look bad. =.= Anyways at recess I go chill in the washrooms somethings because mos of my friends don't like going outside, (perfectly fine with me since my mom isn't letting me use suntan lotion and I don't want my marks getting darker). So all my friends chill and talk and then all of a sudden look at themselves in the mirror, fixing there shirt and stuff. They all have drop dead beautiful skin (well compared to me they do). I go well might as well join them and then I look at myself and then glance at them and I honestly feel like crying being beside them. They never say anything but really, I don't have to be a mind reader to know what there thinking S:

yea... i hate bright white lights and the sun. For some odd reason every house i move into my skin looks good in the mirror and generally it looks fine in school mirrors too but pretty bad in the car mirrors =X the worst...

agreed, that harsh florescent lighting at school is like death. luckily at a restaurant or someone elses house the lighting is darker and my skin looks better.

Hey guys, dont worry.

Acne or not... anybody thinks they look dreadful under certain lighting. It's completely normal.

The main reason for fluorescent lighting is because 1. its cheap and 2. it exposes every minor flaw which is usuful for people who apply makeup.

I just took a digital photo of myself in natural daylight and my skin looks awful in the image compared to other photos i've taken in friendly lighting. But when I show the pictures to friends, none of them can really see any difference because people are so used to the way you look under any kind of lighting. Its only you that notices a difference in your appearance under different lighting, other people don't notice any difference in you. So don't worry about it!

This thread is love! I want to add all you guys as friends and have a tea party!

When I talk to people about lighting, they all think I'm crazy.

But I can't stress how bad fluro lighting is for both the environment and for our skin!

I read somewhere about it causing cancer but I totally understand where you're coming from.

The light in my room and bathroom is AMAZING but I hate it when my family turns on the fluro lights.

I detest school bathrooms and middays and shopping centres. This post makes me depressed.

agreed, that harsh florescent lighting at school is like death. luckily at a restaurant or someone elses house the lighting is darker and my skin looks better.

i agree with you dude..

the thing is, everyone feels this way, even people without acne.

i don't know how many clear-skinned, even GREAT looking people i've met stepped in front of a certain mirror and went, "i look like crap."

you are your worst critic, and other people just don't see the same thing as you because you have it warped a certain way. the best thing you can do is just stay away from those lights or those mirrors.

in my high school, we had the WORST lighting, because a red mark that i thought was completely gone weeks ago would somehow still show up. so i just learned to avoid them. even now, with being clear, i still avoid most mirrors, because it's just not worth it. you see youself, and end up not liking what you see, it will RUIN your entire outing. you could go from having a great time to a shitty time in seconds. you're better off just having a good time and living life without worrying about every reflection of yours that passes you by.