Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneHunter

9-days after my Salicylic Acid Peel

Hi there! it's been 9 days since the first day of my Salicylic Acid Peel took place. Well, the peeling started from 3rd day and lasted 4 days. The treatment left my face a little bit red but you can see some improvements (pictures below). I still have to apply sunscreen but not too much as it will make my face so oily especially at work where steam and grease are all over the place. The treatment hasn't fully cleared my red spots, I still need to do my 2nd treatment probably next month (July). And the Esthetician suggested that I should do the treatment every 2 weeks, but I will have to pass for that since I'm fully packed with work and school stuffs.

Going back to my not so hideous face anymore :D I have to cover up some of the blemishes from the treatment and past acne spots with a light foundation (I know, I'm a guy and I wear foundation but I had no choice too make my face a little bit presentable) The foundation that I use is really nice, I have been using it for 2 days now and unlike the other foundations and concealers it doesn't leave my face so oily (I think it depends on how much moisturizer and sunscreen I put to my face) if you are interested what kind of foundation I use just check out the picture below (I'm not advertising it, I just think this foundation helps me a lot to cover up some blemishes).

Here are the pictures :

post-128732-1274898556_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1274898602_thumb.jpg

I know, pictures are a little bit blurry but you can compare these pictures from the pictures that I posted from my last post. Well that is it for now, I will update you guys the next time I will have my 2nd chemical peel treatment.

P.S the peeling wasn't that excessive in my opinion

post-128732-1274898556_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1274898602_thumb.jpg

do you have before pics?

yeah, from my previous post, just click on my name and check out my other post..I couldn't post more than 2 pictures for some reason :/

SO how much purging and breakout did you have after your peel? I NEED to know because i, going on vaca and want to get one. Was your skin already acclamated to sal acid?

I'm still getting pimples here and there but not as bad prior to my chemical treatment, my face just produces more oil maybe because of the new skin after the peeling so I have to dab my face with a clean paper towel. Like what I said the peeling started 3 days after the treatment and lasted for at least another 3 days, I just had to avoid the sunlight and wear sunscreen all the time. I used to apply Glycolic acid (AHA) everynight and had used that for 2 months and I stopped a week prior the treatment, it helped my acne reduce a little bit but not as good as what the salicylic acid did.

I think my face is a little bit acclimated to salicylic acid(I've used products with salicylic acid chemical in it before) because it didn't make my face really red (just the 1st day of the treatment) and didn't peel as much as I had expected.

Hope this helps :D

I'm thinking that it won't be too big of a deal for my skin because I'm already using 5% sal acid pads every other night. My skin likes, tolerates, and improves with it, so I'm thinking this would be a good thing for my skin. ALthough, I do think I'm going to wait until after the vaca just in case. I may not feel I need one anymore after that because I quit sugar and dairy in my diet and they may have done what i needed it to do, we'll see (fingers crossed).

btw your skin is looking great!