Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UghWtf

Wrinkle Cream for Acne Scars

I haven't done too much research into this, and from what I have read a few people on the "internet" have said they had success with this, of course that could just be them trying to sell product, but has anyone tried this and had any success?

I mean in theory atleast, should this work? If it helps with the wrinkles in your skin, it should help with the indented scarring too right? I don't know, just a thought, but if anyone has anymore information or has tried it, let me know what you have found or what your results were, thanks :)

I'm currently testing this theory with this cream:

http://www.xtend-life.com/skincare/Day_Cream_Women.aspx

No improvement yet, but I've only been using it for about a month.

In theory, if a wrinkle cream helps build collagen, it could help improve indented scarring that isn't tightly bound down with scar tissue. I think this is the case with Retin-A, which can help both wrinkles and acne scars. Thing is, most OTC wrinkle creams are crap and probably don't do anything. Also, if your scars are tightly bound down with scar tissue then you probably need to break that down first with something like needling or lasers before it can lift up from the new collagen that a wrinkle cream may help your skin produce.

I haven't done too much research into this, and from what I have read a few people on the "internet" have said they had success with this, of course that could just be them trying to sell product, but has anyone tried this and had any success?

I mean in theory atleast, should this work? If it helps with the wrinkles in your skin, it should help with the indented scarring too right? I don't know, just a thought, but if anyone has anymore information or has tried it, let me know what you have found or what your results were, thanks :)

"They" are talking about specific creams that contain retinoids. Those help with wrinkles and also to some extent with scarring. Over the counter meds aren't as effective as the prescription meds; Retin A and Tazorac are in general best at fighting wrinkles and scarring. They help with collagen remodeling. Retin A cream is comedogenic; Retin A gel and liquid are not comedogenic.

"They" are talking about specific creams that contain retinoids. Those help with wrinkles and also to some extent with scarring. Over the counter meds aren't as effective as the prescription meds; Retin A and Tazorac are in general best at fighting wrinkles and scarring. They help with collagen remodeling. Retin A cream is comedogenic; Retin A gel and liquid are not comedogenic.

That's exactly what I've heard about it... it's not just any wrinkle creams.

UGH, invest wisely, most products on the market are useless, but they are good for fattening the cosmetic industries pocketbook. Read this

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/1...no_interstitial

That's a good article!

oh i just had to reply here. i too had a phase of thinking wrinkle creams would resolve my problems :P

right now im jumping on the HA bandwagon. I noticed when I used it as a cream a while ago (its in a lot of wrinkle creams), it plumped up the skin a bit so the scars werent so obvious. i think this is what you are looking for?

another common ingredient is matrixyl and matrixyl 3000. theres a lot of evidence out there (from the manufacturer) that it can remove wrinkles with continued use. If it can remove wrinkles, it must be able to remove scas? It must be realised however it contains an ingredient that supports the growth of scar tissue over normal tissue. So its something i will never buy again.

I'm afraid it won't work.

Wrinkles and scars are completely different.

Wrinkles are simply creases in the skin caused by gravity which can easily be resolved by keeping the skin moisturized.

Indented scarring is permanent damage to the tissue under the skins surface layers. Moisturizing will do nothing for indented scarring im afraid.

If they are deep, then your best bet is getting collagen fillers, but it is of course temporary.

Edited by Fraz_2010