Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rubbish

Importance of Alpha/Beta Hydroxy (AHA/BHA) in combination with BP

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20488582

This study published ahead of time showed the huge effective difference a combo of Salicylic Acid (BHA) with Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) compared to BP alone.

My own experience of using Quinoderm just once a day which has Lactic Acid (AHA) as well as 5% or 10% BP has been superb for over a year now. I use the 10% version with no dry skin or irritation. No need for moisturizer on BP covered area either as that is within formula with and it's not greasy.

I therefore think that AHA/BHA as well as BP is important in ANY regimen.

Edited by Rubbish

definitley true.

I started the regimine in the beginning of 2010 and it slowly cleared my skin. I ran out of standard mositurizer so I used something called ' ZIRH PROTECT' (contains AHA). Once I stacked that with the BP the results were STAGGERING! (skin color, smoothness, and my red marks were getting destroyed :)!

I then ran out of ZIRH PROTECT and went on DAN's AHA. Then it even stepped up another notch. I can honestly say my skin is perfect and better than my non- acne friends.

BP + AHA = the win

Using Salicylic Acid and BP at the same time can be very irritating and drying. I do agree that AHA and BP together can be wonderful, though, as long as you let your skin adjust to the BP first. : )