Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roboturn3r

My Isotretinoin journal

Just went and saw my derm and we both agree that Accutane is the way to go. I've never been able to use it before, despite my sever acne, due to my insurance never covering it. So now that my insurance has been changed, I can finally have my shot at clear skin! Here is some info about myself:

Male, 20 years old

Acne sufferer for the past 7 years, first chest break out 6 years ago

Disqualified from joining the military because of the acne on my chest and back

Doctor put me on 10mg of Isotretinoin for the first month, a slow start but I guess it will help moderate side effects and possibly ward off the dreaded IB. Seems like a low dose, but who am I to argue, as long as I get clear I'll be happy. I was surprised that I was able to get a script for the stuff the same day I went and saw him.

Well that is my introduction to my log, I'll post again tomorrow which is when I get my blood work done and pick up my first month worth of Claravis. I will also post pictures of the day I started it. Thanks for reading!

Mike

hey good luck with your course i just got my prescription today 30 mgs a day for the first month. let us know how you do & once again best of luck

Best of luck on your accutane! I think I was on a relatively low dose on my first cycle, too, actually. And then they gradually increased it from there. Do yourself a favor and pick up some lip balm when you go to get your prescription filled. You'll thank me later! Haha!

Day 1

Spent it just as any normal day, went to class and work and then went to the lab to have my blood taken. Finally it was time to pick up my prescription! I went home and took my first pill with a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of water. I picked up some Vaseline for men lotion, sunscreen, and Burt's Beeswax lip balm after reading the tips from around this forum. Pretty boring day, not much to talk about so I'll post day 1 photo's. These are absolutely awful and I can't believe I'm posting these but everyone has to have a starting place, right?

As you can tell by my skin tone, it's been forever since I've taken my shirt off outside.

Edited by roboturn3r

Day 2

Boring day, obviously no progress yet, but I did break out all over the back of my neck last night. It's pretty unpleasant, 1 small cyst and mostly just small pimples. Hopefully they go away before the IB.

Day 3

So technically right now it's day 4 but I thought I'd update with day 3 since I just got off from work (hooray swing shift... =/). Anyways, I'll try and keep my updates as strict to acne only as possible. I like to babble. o.0

Anyways, so my face is broken out pretty badly today. This is odd because while acne has always had a presence on my face it's never really been bad, and also my face was completely clear yesterday. It's day 3 there's no way I could be experience side effects already is there!? If so this stuff gets to work fast. Other then my face, neck, and shoulders having broke out nothing else really. Slight sensitivity to light and and a mild headache (which I don't think is relative to Claravis) all day. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Hey, I wanted to say 1. good luck! and 2. do yourself a favor and get aquaphor instead of bert's bees.. personally, bert's bees is complete crap.

Hey, I wanted to say 1. good luck! and 2. do yourself a favor and get aquaphor instead of bert's bees.. personally, bert's bees is complete crap.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do that, I haven't got to the dry lip stage yet.