Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel ?

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:07 pm

I am intrigued by this product and interested if anyone else has used it yet ?

I've been looking for an alternative to Benzoyl Peroxide recently and have been researching Alpha Hydroxy Acid and Salicylic Acid products. Dan makes an AHA which he recommends as a spot treatment and nightime moisturiser. He also briefly made a Salicylic Acid product, which he found partially effective (his Blog has loads of info on this)

My hunch is that the two together could be a very effective combination, though this is the first product I have found with them formulated together (Mixing two separate products together I think would be a bad idea)

If I try it I'll post back on how successful it is.

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:07 pm

I've been looking for an alternative to Benzoyl Peroxide recently and have been researching Alpha Hydroxy Acid and Salicylic Acid products. Dan makes an AHA which he recommends as a spot treatment and nightime moisturiser. He also briefly made a Salicylic Acid product, which he found partially effective (his Blog has loads of info on this)

My hunch is that the two together could be a very effective combination, though this is the first product I have found with them formulated together (Mixing two separate products together I think would be a bad idea)

I haven't tried that specifically, but I love all his products that I have tried. Good stuff. Please let us know how it works :)

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)
MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:15 pm

Good luck! I've heard good things about Peter T. Roth products.

I myself use an AHA and love the effects on my skin. See my signature for my regimen. :)

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:27 pm

Thanks guys - those reviews look generally very positive and genuine, so I think I will give it a go. I'll let you know how I goes...

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:30 pm

Thanks guys - those reviews look generally very positive and genuine, so I think I will give it a go. I'll let you know how I goes...

Anytime. I usually like to go there for reviews even if I am not buying from sephora, all their reviews are legitimate customers and there are usually a lot for an established product. But look what you have done to me!! I am itching to run to Sephora right now and get it for myself! Haha I don't know if it can go with my prescriptions... hope so.

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:48 pm

haha I know what you mean, why do I get excited about acne cream ?! Hope you can get it and it works for you :)

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:52 pm

haha I know what you mean, why do I get excited about acne cream ?! Hope you can get it and it works for you :)

Haha shit! We get excited because the smell of hope starts surrounding us!! Lol. Im gonna get it and try it out... hopefully I don't mess anything up haha. And hey try to get it from somewhere with a good return policy so you don't waste any money :)

thanks, you toooo!

MemberMember
(@crichel)

Posted : 03/12/2022 1:48 pm

Just a little update - I have been using this product continuously for the last 12 (!) years. It definitely works :)