Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ckko25

I have a major dry patch on my face. And I'm

It's possibly just irritated skin; continue to moisturize it and it should improve. I also have no idea what your current regimen is, so can't help you with that. But, that 'dry' patch may just be simply irritated skin and will go away with continued gentle care.

Thank you Wynne. Part of my regimen consists of 5% sal acid pads, and continued usage of those on that spot i believe is what dried out my skin on that patch and irritated it. The products I'm using are by dermaquest BHAs and AHAs moisturiser and sunscreen.

Thank you Wynne. Part of my regimen consists of 5% sal acid pads, and continued usage of those on that spot i believe is what dried out my skin on that patch and irritated it. The products I'm using are by dermaquest BHAs and AHAs moisturiser and sunscreen.

The combo of SA and AHA may be slightly irritating, or it may just be the beginning of flaking skin, depending on how recently you started the treatments. SA and AHA do cause exfoliation, so that's one of their purposes. :)

You might want to consider a different moisturizer that doesn't have any added ingredients, or just one ingredient (like AHA) until your skin is thoroughly used to the SA pads. 5% SA is sort of high, but might be okay depending on the pH. Most over the counter SA products I see are 2%, and work quite well (like Paula Begoun's SA formulations).

Continue using your moisturizer and sun screen. sometimes when we use AHAs and BHAs we can get irritated and dry- this decreases with time as our skin becomes adjusted to that product. The same thing can happen with retinoid like retin-A. IF you are experiencing some breaking out after using the product- that is a "purging" effect. Acne products, and BHAs in particular can clean the skin out of all those nasty impurities. so it is common to see some breaking out when we get on an acne regimen. Keep your skin moisturized with an oil-Free moisturizer that doesn't have any further acne fighting ingredients (tea tree and green tea are fine). But don't completly stop moisturizing like some people do- that creates a vicious cycle where the skin will start producing more oil to over-compnesate for the reduction in moisture it senses. keep up the good work- and good luck!

Hey Wynne, my moisturiser is Vitamin b-5 serum which is good for acneic skin (says my esthetitian) its light and non pore clogging. The 5% pads are not over the counter, they are from an esthetitian, and are this is why they are a higher strength. I need to lay off of the 5% pads because I remembered that they were only recommended every other night and I have been using them every night. Thank you so much for your time and help :)

Hey Wynne, my moisturiser is Vitamin b-5 serum which is good for acneic skin (says my esthetitian) its light and non pore clogging. The 5% pads are not over the counter, they are from an esthetitian, and are this is why they are a higher strength. I need to lay off of the 5% pads because I remembered that they were only recommended every other night and I have been using them every night. Thank you so much for your time and help :)

Excellent; the moisturizer sounds fine then, I thought that it contained AHA and BHA by your first post. :) I'm glad you discovered the right way to use the pads! That will no doubt cut down on irritation greatly.

Continue using your moisturizer and sun screen. sometimes when we use AHAs and BHAs we can get irritated and dry- this decreases with time as our skin becomes adjusted to that product. The same thing can happen with retinoid like retin-A. IF you are experiencing some breaking out after using the product- that is a "purging" effect. Acne products, and BHAs in particular can clean the skin out of all those nasty impurities. so it is common to see some breaking out when we get on an acne regimen. Keep your skin moisturized with an oil-Free moisturizer that doesn't have any further acne fighting ingredients (tea tree and green tea are fine). But don't completly stop moisturizing like some people do- that creates a vicious cycle where the skin will start producing more oil to over-compnesate for the reduction in moisture it senses. keep up the good work- and good luck!

Thanks Libra, I didnt see this post earlier. It been over 2 months on these products and i purge clear up purge clear up. Will my skin eventually stop purging completely with these bhas ahas?

Wynne, I meant my regimen consists of bhas and ahas my moistuizer and sunscreen are separate. Sorry for confusing you :)