Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coxy

What products are we all using on Accutane?

Would be interested to know what products you are all suing using whilst on Accutane?

Thought it would be helpful for all of us Newbies on the the drug.

Currently I am using Simple products as they are not harsh and contain no chemicals. Luckily I have a colleague who has just come back from the States so she got me the Cetaphil Anti-bacterial bar and some Aquaphor for the dry skin issues! I am not sure currently what to use on the large inflamed cysts though - any recommendations of products which are not too harsh?

Hey,

Face Wash- Simple 'Spot Free' facial cleanser. Note: This Simple 'Spot Free' line is Exclusive to Superdrug. £3.49 (I think) I really like this cleanser, its not harsh and scrubby.

Moisturizer- Clinique Moisture surge £15. This stuff is amazing I only apply it twice a day and no need for touch ups through out the day =]. But if you put to much on it stays tacky but looks matt its really weird.

Sun tan lotion- Clinique face cream spf 40- £15. Again amazing stuff, dries matt, not shiny its just great. Tip- I mix a dab of Clinique moisture surge with this to save time. I dont really have the time to wait for my moisturizer to dry then apply this so it saves time and it does the job.

For spots Im useing Dr Oganic Aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barret £4.99, this stuff is a god send. After moisturizing apply a thick layer of this over spots (only do this at night because it looks redic on your face lol) it really takes the redness out and prevents red marks and heals older marks. Oh dont buy Holland and Barrets own brand of this gel its not as good.

For makeup (yes Im a guy =]) Chanel Vitalumiere eclat compact makeup. £42.00 OMFG This stuff is the shit, totally undetectable. Its really expenisve but its worth it. And I have tried tons of concealers and foundations but this stuff is so good. For powder it covers so well and if you use enough Moisturizer it wont go flaky. I cant put into words how great this product is. And im a guy who wants to wear his makeup without anyone knowing.

And my skin is amazing allready Im on day 13 60mg a day!

Good luck with your teatment i wish you all the best!!

Andy

-Dan's cleanser

-jojoba oil mixed with Dan's moisturizer

for a GIANT cyst that came up on the back of my neck a few days ago, about 4 days into the accutane journey, I'm using Nixoderm

-I'm going to look into either emu oil or that Aloe Vera Gel that Slipendy recommended.