Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

TCA Cross for Acne Scarring

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting TCA Cross done professionally before I start doing it myself. I've been researching doctors that do it in my area and have narrowed it down to two. One of them is Dr. Lam. Here are some pictures of his patients:

http://lamfacialplastics.com/gallery2/v/pi...otos/?g2_page=1

*Here are also some videos of his patients:

http://www.lamfacialplastics.com/gallery2/.../Acne+Scarring/

I think the pictures are all after one cross. I wanted to hear y'alls comments. Do you think it would be worth it? $700 for the whole face. Do the pictures look impressive? I can tell some are in different lighting :|

I'm not too sure...

Please reply! :)

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Which ones are from TCA cross? It doesn't really say, cuz some of those peeps had silicone injections.

He does TCA Cross for all the icepick and scarred pores. So any picture with a before of icepick scarring or scarred pores was done with TCA Cross.

Which ones are from TCA cross? It doesn't really say, cuz some of those peeps had silicone injections.

He does TCA Cross for all the icepick and scarred pores. So any picture with a before of icepick scarring or scarred pores was done with TCA Cross.

I dont know if its just me or not, but i see little to no improvement all of these pics. These is a lady with a number of ice pick/boxcar scar in one and its till there in the next. The only difference is the woman is now applying heavy caked on makeup. Its beyond joking to insist there has been an improvement.

I realise people rave about him on here. I must admit though if he was in Australia and showed before and after pictures like that, I doubt anyone would go to him. Hed be poor and in need of a new profession.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

I dont know if its just me or not, but i see little to no improvement all of these pics. These is a lady with a number of ice pick/boxcar scar in one and its till there in the next. The only difference is the woman is now applying heavy caked on makeup. Its beyond joking to insist there has been an improvement.

I realise people rave about him on here. I must admit though if he was in Australia and showed before and after pictures like that, I doubt anyone would go to him. Hed be poor and in need of a new profession.

*sigh* Maybe I'm forcing myself to see improvement? I do know it's far from drastic. I would really like for my search for these scars to be over with. If he weren't good with acne scars, I don't know why people fly in to see him.

*sigh* Maybe I'm forcing myself to see improvement? I do know it's far from drastic. I would really like for my search for these scars to be over with. If he weren't good with acne scars, I don't know why people fly in to see him.

dunno, but those pictures really upset me. ive gotten angry at derms before over this. we are not stupid and you cant insist something is an improvement when it simply isnt. especially when its costing people thousands of dollars. its unethical and its plain nasty. i have no clue what planet he is on. if you cant treat someone simple, tell them. ive worked hard in my degree and in my profession, i expect others to do the same in their professions.

in good faith i did more of a search of his site. the woman who looked like she had pitted scarring (ice pick/boxcar scars) is also in a video talking about her treatment. shes only had silicone injections and nothing else. i have no clue why you would fill someone with ice pick/boxcar scars with silicone. it seems like the complete wrong way of treating the poor woman. no wonder her scars are still there.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

do you have a website where i can look for docs that do this in my area (FL)??? or u just google it? butt i saidd goo for itt ! at least go for a consultation!! ur not goin to lose nothingg :)

dunno, but those pictures really upset me. ive gotten angry at derms before over this. we are not stupid and you cant insist something is an improvement when it simply isnt. especially when its costing people thousands of dollars. its unethical and its plain nasty. i have no clue what planet he is on. if you cant treat someone simple, tell them. ive worked hard in my degree and in my profession, i expect others to do the same in their professions.

in good faith i did more of a search of his site. the woman who looked like she had pitted scarring (ice pick/boxcar scars) is also in a video talking about her treatment. shes only had silicone injections and nothing else. i have no clue why you would fill someone with ice pick/boxcar scars with silicone. it seems like the complete wrong way of treating the poor woman. no wonder her scars are still there.

I agree with what you're saying. I also don't understand why there isn't very noticeable improvement because there's way more improvement with TCA Cross on this board and they do it themselves! Ugh.

do you have a website where i can look for docs that do this in my area (FL)??? or u just google it? butt i saidd goo for itt ! at least go for a consultation!! ur not goin to lose nothingg :)

I googled, but I mainly looked on realself.com Usually the doctors who perform TCA Peel do TCA Cross. True, I have nothing to lose except $100 for the consultation lol, but that goes towards the treatment if I do get one which would be another $600 I'm losing technically : P

Just maybe, the results would be different on me? :pray:

I agree with what you're saying. I also don't understand why there isn't very noticeable improvement because there's way more improvement with TCA Cross on this board and they do it themselves! Ugh.

I googled, but I mainly looked on realself.com Usually the doctors who perform TCA Peel do TCA Cross. True, I have nothing to lose except $100 for the consultation lol, but that goes towards the treatment if I do get one which would be another $600 I'm losing technically : P

Just maybe, the results would be different on me? :pray:

dunno. if you get tricked into a treatment however, you lose the whole amount.

I honestly wouldn't. The procedure is quite simple. Just be sure to THOROUGHLY research it before you start. And don't go below a 65% concentration.

I honestly wouldn't. The procedure is quite simple. Just be sure to THOROUGHLY research it before you start. And don't go below a 65% concentration.

I have a consult with him in june and it took a few months to even get in there to see him, I don't think he would be that booked up with people flying in to see him if the treatments didn't work but that's just my opinion.....maybe when I get there he will let me see more before and after pictures.....I'll let you know how it goes!

Not even for my first time just so I could be supervised?

I have a consult with him in june and it took a few months to even get in there to see him, I don't think he would be that booked up with people flying in to see him if the treatments didn't work but that's just my opinion.....maybe when I get there he will let me see more before and after pictures.....I'll let you know how it goes!

Please do let me know! By the way, have you gotten to talk to him directly?

I think most people go to Dr. Lam for fat grafting (his speciality). Based upon the b/a acne scar pics, I would find another doc.

Lilly, you would probably benefit from dermarolling combined with peels. I think you would really see improvement.

I think most people go to Dr. Lam for fat grafting (his speciality). Based upon the b/a acne scar pics, I would find another doc.

Lilly, you would probably benefit from dermarolling combined with peels. I think you would really see improvement.

I'm thinking about doing dermarolling, but I'm just scared it'll screw up my face. :/

Maybe you could start using a vitamin c serum with the home care roller for better product penetration, then work up to longer needles. Also, low strength alpha beta peels would help. Check out original skin care peels.

Maybe you could start using a vitamin c serum with the home care roller for better product penetration, then work up to longer needles. Also, low strength alpha beta peels would help. Check out original skin care peels.

Even though it'll be low strength, my face is super sensitive. I mean, I break out from anything and I scar from everything. Would you still advise it?

I have very sensitive skin and I use it. Of course, I have been dermarolling and I think that has helped make my skin less sensitive. Maybe you can go to a dermatologist and get a series of glycolic peels. I recommend going to Dr. Alkek because I absolutely adore AJ- the nurse that does the peels and microderm. She is very honest and knowledgable. She will help you. (I also live in the DFW area).

On a side note, I have been reading your threads and I just wanted to tell that I don't think most people even notice your scarring. You also seem to have a very good heart. I bet with your determination and patience, you will make your scars virtually unnoticable.

One thing- you might want to give up all processed sugar. It impedes the healing/collagen process.

I have very sensitive skin and I use it. Of course, I have been dermarolling and I think that has helped make my skin less sensitive. Maybe you can go to a dermatologist and get a series of glycolic peels. I recommend going to Dr. Alkek because I absolutely adore AJ- the nurse that does the peels and microderm. She is very honest and knowledgable. She will help you. (I also live in the DFW area).

On a side note, I have been reading your threads and I just wanted to tell that I don't think most people even notice your scarring. You also seem to have a very good heart. I bet with your determination and patience, you will make your scars virtually unnoticable.

One thing- you might want to give up all processed sugar. It impedes the healing/collagen process.

That's crazy, because I was researching Dr. Alkek for awhile. I called to set up an appointment a couple of weeks ago... and they don't accept my insurance. :| Bummer.

Thanks so much; that means more to me than you know. & thanks for the heads up on the sugar. (:

I'm going to message you.

I don't think most insurance companies pay for chemical peels anyway. Dr Alkek will periodically run package discounts on peels, fillers, microderm. You might also be able to just make an appointment with AJ.

Sadly, there is no medical solution for scars today since the dermis do not regenerate. You can only improve the look. In time, the scars also seems to fill with collagen.

it is funny, because all these doctors post picture with different light and distance. Fraxel for instance, can help ypu with a 10% to 20% if you are lucky and do not work well with icepeak.

Perhaps you should try it, if your doctor swear that it will work, challenge him to make it on just one scar for a lesser price. (I don't know whether this can exactly be done).

My wife went to dr lam in texas twice to do get the tca cross treatment done. I flew her in from michigan and spent alot of money for no results. After the first attempt we figured we'd give it another shot before giving up. Don't waste your money with this Dr.

Wow, what did Dr. Lam say about it? Did he act like there was some improvement? I was thinking of doing tca cross with Dr. Lam. Now I'm not sure if I should hold off on it or not.

Edited by betterliving

What kind of scars do you have Lily? The only scars that showed improvement for me were really really small icepicks. I'm talking about icepicks that can pass as an enlarged pore or something. Basically I had an icepick scar on my nose, basically looked like a picked a huge blackhead but a lil bit deeper and I also had a hole from a nose piercing that closed up but you could still see the hole. Anyways those two showed 80-90% improvement with only 2 sessions. Everything else didn't respond. Boxcars especially didn't respond and some got worse. There's a thread by miramar where he explains that TCA cross is effective when the hole is small enough that the acid can allow both sides to join, I agree with him and it would explain my small icepick improvements. Whether you want to go through with the treatment is up to you. Also keep in mind, $700 for the whole face is extremely expensive.. I would not pay $700 for TCA cross. If it was $700 for like 2-3 sessions then yeah. It's a very fast and easy procedure..