Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever since I began breaking out I've tried to exfoliate atleast once a week w/ different products.it all began with Neutragenas exfoliating system but at the time I felt it was too pricey. Then I went to a sea salt scrub which turned out to be obviously too harsh on my skin. Then I went to a sugar scrub by St Ives because I like the feeling of it afterwards, but of course it's too greasy.

I'd like to find a good exfoliant product for my face & mix it in with my routine. I notice when I do it my skin looks & feels much healthier despite what some believe may be too harsh for acne prone skin.

Dermaspa cloth everyday, its the most gentle exfoliation method i have come across. worth a shot and pretty cheap! makes my face feel lighter and healthy, more oxygen can get to my pores.. feels soo good~!

you can find dermaspa cloths on ebay! get the terry weave as it is softer and best for everyday use.. they sell a 'waffle weave' cloth that is a lot stronger for dermabrasian, its for those nasty scars you want to get rid of. try their soap too!

Ever since I began breaking out I've tried to exfoliate atleast once a week w/ different products.it all began with Neutragenas exfoliating system but at the time I felt it was too pricey. Then I went to a sea salt scrub which turned out to be obviously too harsh on my skin. Then I went to a sugar scrub by St Ives because I like the feeling of it afterwards, but of course it's too greasy.

I'd like to find a good exfoliant product for my face & mix it in with my routine. I notice when I do it my skin looks & feels much healthier despite what some believe may be too harsh for acne prone skin.

The best exfoliation one can get is by combining methods; those are Chemical, and Mechanical. A great way to get a chemical exfoliation is with an AHA (alpha hydroxy) or a BHA (beta hydroxy)

As a skin tech I would recommend getting on some sort of peel regimen with a local medical spa with a good esthetician. But, since that can be too expensive for some (though I truely believe the benefit outwieghs the cost) I could also suggest using a gentle nightly exfoliant. If you are dry: try DermAware's End of the Line lotion-it comes in 3 strenghts, start with mild and work up to ex-strong over time. DCL also makes a version of this that is a little cheaper called AHA lotion (this also has 3 strength levels.) IF you are oily: go with the Gel versions of DermAware's End of the line or DCL's AHA gel (these have 3 levels as well). Getting on a nightly pattern of using this will help keep the skin soft, smooth, and free of dead skin cells that clog pores. For a The Mechanical side I would higly recommend Microdermamitt. It is a simple mit that you use in the shower by itself (no products or cleanser- just the mit and H20) It is made of floss silk and gives the best exfoliation- they are cheap- last 5 months and work better than most mechanical exfoliation methods I have run across. Using these methods together is extremely affective. Take it from me, I have been a skin tech for years and have suffered with cystic and pustular acne since I hit puberty. My skin is the clearest it has been in my life! you should be able to find those products online if you search- I know for sure DermAware has a website you can purchase from. They make wonderful products that fuses Science with Nature- give it a try.

Edited by libra27

Libra, thank tyou for the helpful advise! How often should we do the mechanical exfoliation? That may be part of my problem because I am using AHAs and no mechanical exfoliation, and I have some dry skin that needs to be sloughed away.

Libra, thank tyou for the helpful advise! How often should we do the mechanical exfoliation? That may be part of my problem because I am using AHAs and no mechanical exfoliation, and I have some dry skin that needs to be sloughed away.

you could probably use it 2x a week- it depends on your skin, what products and meds your using, etc. but I would start 2x weekly. I don't recommend scrubs to my clients though, i have seen people destroy their skin with those. Microdermamitt is the best. ITs cheap, lasts a long time, and gives an effective, but gentle exfoliation. ( everyone i get one for goes nuts over them, my mom, bf, sister. Im gonna start giving them away as gifts! lol)

DO you sell them? I was looking and it looks like independant consultants sell them? Oh and which one should we get the regular mitt or the zit mitt? Hva eyou heard of Dermaquest? These are the products i am using.

DO you sell them? I was looking and it looks like independant consultants sell them? Oh and which one should we get the regular mitt or the zit mitt? Hva eyou heard of Dermaquest? These are the products i am using.

I do sell them- but I am not allowed to advertise them on here because of an anti-advertisment clause in the rules of the site. The zit mit and the face mit are the same- the packaging is different so that the zit mit can be sold to a guy- They usually look at you like you're nuts if you try to sell them something in pink packaging. lol