Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreamlify

Never wear anything lesser than t-shirt?

Hi people,

Just wondering if there is any females outta there like me?

I really desire and admire those gals out there who could wear tubes, spaghetti, tank tops.

Well i never dare to wear those.

I dont know if i am asking too much or what, suffers like should just be very well contented with better skin and not worrying about fashion or whatever.

But the thing is that i dont even feel lik a teen nor woman nor human wateva.

My life is already dull and fearful (abt outbreaks), yet i cant wear anything i like and feel happier.

Other than feeling prettier with variety of tops, also my weather here are ususally hot and humid.

One more things is attraction.

Lets face it, who wouldnt want to wear nicer to appear more attractive?

Since young due to my surrounding and what i see (which i strongly believe to be true), guys tend to look out for sexier gals.

The lesser you wear, the gorgerous, prettier, sexier and mature you are.

I just feel so left out.

So much so that i rather stay at home since i cant flaunt my body with my friends.

So is this social pressure or peer pressure?

My Back and chest acne used to be horrible like shit.

But over years and passes my puberty age far away, those acne one back and chest got better, alot better, but those scars is just lik my phobia.

Seeing those make me scare.

I am so embarrass to wear anything that can revealed my acne scars (somtimes even my arm).

It really makes living tiring, fustrating and irritating.

No one ever knows how hard i stare and admire at those gals wearing revealing back top..

I stare so hard like a wolf or what.

But hey i am a woman too, i dont want just to be the only one looking at other female skin lik a man. No.

If can i would never want to get married, i never wanted. With all this scars and acne, i think i better dont go out scare the daylight out others.

Even some guys hunks have greater better skin than a gal like me. I just cant believe this truth. A guy skin can be 10000 times better than mine.

I feel so man argh.

But i guess i know i can never flaunt anything at all.

People commented i am good looking, i have the figure but well i cant even dress like a normal human most would. I never feel in trend/ good looking. In fact i am much opposite anyway. :S

I wish i could finish my studies soon so i could work. With money i hope i could laser them off!!

But seriously isnt the case for guys where by, LESSER clothes = MORE attractive?

Edited by Dreamlify

But seriously isnt the case for guys where by, LESSER clothes = MORE attractive?

If a girl is attractive, yes this is a good general rule. But there are a lot of women in this world who need to be putting more clothes on as far as I'm concerned...

Plus the amount of clothing isn't as important as the fit. If you're in good shape, wear stuff that fits your body well and you'll look hawt!

I'm not a girl, but I feel you on the scars on the back from old acne. I used to love having my shirt off in front of people because it took less attention off my face since apparently people rarely see a really short person who is muscular. About 6 months ago, out of nowhere I started breaking out on my back and chest, which I never had a problem with before and its basically stopped now but of course I got a bunch of red marks now, just like my face. So no more beach for me anymore.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Less clothes DOES NOT equal better looking. It's finding clothes that fit your figure, colors that blend well with your skin, that you're comfortable in. Have you seen attractive people in winter? Well there you go. Yes you have! It's not about wearing less.

I'm on the same page hun. I'm insecure about wearing anything less than a top that covers my ENTIRE back, because I have lots of scars and I have acne on my upper back down to the middle, and from there I have a few scars down. I don't really have acne on my chest, but when I do, it's usually HUGE and I hate it. On those days I just wear a top that covers it and get over it.

Finding a style that you like and clothes that fit you can be fun :]. It will take patience but if you shop around and try on stuff you can get there. It's about what you're comfortable in. If finding a style that fits you will make you more confident, DO IT. We all need all the confidence we can get! (Confidence is different from being cocky though argh.)

But don't stress out over it. LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING. Honestly. People forget. PERSONALITY SHINES THROUGH. :]

Keep your head up and smile girl :wub: a genuine smile is the best thing on a person imo :]

I can't wear tank tops at all. I have spots all over my shoulders, and they come down even lower than where a sleeve ends. :( Sigh

This probably makes me sound shallow, and is a terrible thing for someone with acne themself to say, but one of my (female) friends has spots all over her back yet wears tank tops etc all the time, and I often wonder 'Why is she wearing that?!' I mean, it's good that she has the confidence, but at the end of the day people will simply find it unattractive. I mean I just don't understand it - I go to every length possible to cover up my acne.

I feel bad for saying that, especially when it upsets me that people will find me unattractive because of my acne, but it's the truth.

But yeh, acne aside, I actually like it when girls cover up. Leave a little to the imagination.

Edited by mx123

Oh lordy, less clothes does not mean more attractive. No way.

I am uncomfortable wearing tank tops, or even low cut tops (in public). I prefer being covered, and I don't think it makes me look 'unattractive.'

Edited by Geeking

I can't wear tank tops at all. I have spots all over my shoulders, and they come down even lower than where a sleeve ends. :( Sigh

Yea, i think we have pretty much same fate. Huggs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Less clothes DOES NOT equal better looking. It's finding clothes that fit your figure, colors that blend well with your skin, that you're comfortable in. Have you seen attractive people in winter? Well there you go. Yes you have! It's not about wearing less.

I'm on the same page hun. I'm insecure about wearing anything less than a top that covers my ENTIRE back, because I have lots of scars and I have acne on my upper back down to the middle, and from there I have a few scars down. I don't really have acne on my chest, but when I do, it's usually HUGE and I hate it. On those days I just wear a top that covers it and get over it.

Finding a style that you like and clothes that fit you can be fun :]. It will take patience but if you shop around and try on stuff you can get there. It's about what you're comfortable in. If finding a style that fits you will make you more confident, DO IT. We all need all the confidence we can get! (Confidence is different from being cocky though argh.)

But don't stress out over it. LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING. Honestly. People forget. PERSONALITY SHINES THROUGH. :]

Keep your head up and smile girl :wub: a genuine smile is the best thing on a person imo :]

It would really take a long time for a person to force out confidence when basic necesssity is not reachable. Yeah perhaps really need to hunt for good great clothes which you dont have to reveal but you still look nice.

This probably makes me sound shallow, and is a terrible thing for someone with acne themself to say, but one of my (female) friends has spots all over her back yet wears tank tops etc all the time, and I often wonder 'Why is she wearing that?!' I mean, it's good that she has the confidence, but at the end of the day people will simply find it unattractive. I mean I just don't understand it - I go to every length possible to cover up my acne.

I feel bad for saying that, especially when it upsets me that people will find me unattractive because of my acne, but it's the truth.

But yeh, acne aside, I actually like it when girls cover up. Leave a little to the imagination.

Yeah i thought of this before when i saw gals with acne/ scars yet wearing little.

Indeed i find them daring and admire their courage, well on other hand thought why show when you doesnt have flawless skin to flaunt lik other gals. Might as well just cover them up man.

But perhaps some people have strong confidences that having scars also doesnt bring them down, but not for me.

Oh lordy, less clothes does not mean more attractive. No way.

I am uncomfortable wearing tank tops, or even low cut tops (in public). I prefer being covered, and I don't think it makes me look 'unattractive.'

lols i hope so too. If not that it's onrammly the guys that gives us impression that they like revealing.

PS: no offences, perhaps just my perspection, of cos i hope i'm wrong.

I have a bf, he doesnt like i waer too revealing thou.

But i guess it's all my self consciousness thinking that he might find me plain for always wearing so covered up unlike typical town shopping gals.

My self consciousness again.

a real person would look past the scars, both the physical and emotional ones. dont be afraid to show who you really are, to express yourself any less would be a crime to that one guy out there whos been searching for you his entire life. not being able to be yourself limits your potential for happiness. and those who are ignorant shouldnt matter. they will always be there, and it is your choice whether you let them control you, or whether pay no attention to them.

and less clothes doesnt equal more attractive to me. i find interesting the girls who arent afraid to show me who they really are, and if they can express themselves in the way they dress, thats attractive too.

Relax guys, they're JUST spots. I'm a 21 year old female and I have had cystic acne on my back since I was in high school but I'll wear tanks/tube tops whenever I want. I say be confident and wear what you want. Don't listen to these guys, they're just being immature. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you and you will feel beautiful all the time!

Relax guys, they're JUST spots. I'm a 21 year old female and I have had cystic acne on my back since I was in high school but I'll wear tanks/tube tops whenever I want. I say be confident and wear what you want. Don't listen to these guys, they're just being immature. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you and you will feel beautiful all the time!

Perhaps I'm coming across as being a shallow superficial asshole, yes, but immature? No.

This thread is asking about what is physically attractive. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone here can disagree that acne is unattractive. After-all, that is why we're all here and so desperate for clear skin, right?

It would be nice if it was the case people were not judgemental nor care about appearance, but I'm sure we all know that simply is not the way the world is. In my opinion people wearing clothes that show off their body acne is similar to fat people wearing revealing clothes. Despite what we may like to believe, both of these are seen as unattractive in society.

I'm just being realistic.

That's not to say I can't look passed someone's acne or whatever, I'm not going to be a dick to someone just because they have spots on their back. I'm not that superficial, but I'm aware it is considered unattractive by the vast majority of society.

Edited by mx123

I like japanese girls who are fair skinned, skinny, and ok looking. If they wear less then it just makes them more hot but they dont have to wear less clothing to be attractive to me.

a real person would look past the scars, both the physical and emotional ones. dont be afraid to show who you really are, to express yourself any less would be a crime to that one guy out there whos been searching for you his entire life. not being able to be yourself limits your potential for happiness. and those who are ignorant shouldnt matter. they will always be there, and it is your choice whether you let them control you, or whether pay no attention to them.

2nd.

i used to never wear anything that would show more than my arms because i was so self-conscious about my body. i would always want to try and wear different things, but i always thought i couldn't pull it off. i don't know what happened when i started high school, but i guess i felt i could start fresh at a diff school, and then i started wearing what i really wanted to wear. it was a small change, but i remember feeling much happier because i was doing what i wanted to do.

it sounds like you want to wear tube tops, tank tops, and feminine things. i like to wear those things, too. since you don't feel comfortable wearing them in public ...i think if you wear them around your house from time to time, you'll get into the habit of wearing those types of things, and hopefully transition into wearing them in public. if that's what you really want, tho.

also, do you like to accessorize? if you feel limited with your clothes, i think you can express yourself with accessories. sometimes i find that's more fun than clothes.

and does lesser = more attractive to men? i have no idea. would really depend on the guy.

Wear what you want. A lot of attractive girls i know don't wear revealing clothes yet they look so hawt :)

Don't succumb to peer pressure! Fuck the others! lol

2nd.

Yeahh I thought that was some awesome writing too.

i don't know what happened when i started high school, but i guess i felt i could start fresh at a diff school, and then i started wearing what i really wanted to wear. it was a small change, but i remember feeling much happier because i was doing what i wanted to do.

Yeah wearing what you want to wear really makes a difference! I never really paid attention to my clothes till recently, though I always wish I had nicer clothes to wear like other girls. Changing a bit in that area's made me feel loads better.

also, do you like to accessorize? if you feel limited with your clothes, i think you can express yourself with accessories. sometimes i find that's more fun than clothes.

I loooooove bracelets. Don't have so many and I'm keeping it more simple now, but I used to love always having 1-2 bracelets on my wrist :D.

Can any other girls relate? xD I'm picky about my undies. Dunno, I guess it sorta makes me feel better since it's where I can wear anything I want. Like on a day where I feel calm I would wear a pure color, n on days where I feel a bit more playful I'd pick a more colorful undie. I feel that an undie that emphasizes my curves, is in a style that I like, and that I feel comfortable in, makes me feel better for the rest of the day(:.

Perhaps I'm coming across as being a shallow superficial asshole, yes, but immature? No.

This thread is asking about what is physically attractive. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone here can disagree that acne is unattractive. After-all, that is why we're all here and so desperate for clear skin, right?

It would be nice if it was the case people were not judgemental nor care about appearance, but I'm sure we all know that simply is not the way the world is. In my opinion people wearing clothes that show off their body acne is similar to fat people wearing revealing clothes. Despite what we may like to believe, both of these are seen as unattractive in society.

I'm just being realistic.

That's not to say I can't look passed someone's acne or whatever, I'm not going to be a dick to someone just because they have spots on their back. I'm not that superficial, but I'm aware it is considered unattractive by the vast majority of society.

You know what? As much as i rather to lie to myself maybe showing scars is nth, i cannot dont agree to your analysis. Especially the part you figured it is probably the same for a fat gal wear tube, it's just as turing off. Well i have nth to say cos i think yeah. I know alot lot guys hate fat gals. I cant imagine how other ppl will look at us.

I am a nice person, but after ppl see my back? i think they would be much turned off scare and run away.

If i ever wear off back, i bet i would atttract ppl with my front, and scare off ppl running when they saw my back. God. lol

It is true that this world is superificial and realistic.

We all know it so well.

People says beauty is just skin deep,

looks can be deceiving,

but people forgotten this is just how shallow most people are.

LESSER clothes = MORE attractive?

I think that there's a fine line between sexy and slutty. To me, looking sexy is all about balance. If you wear a revealing top, then you should balance it out by covering the rest of your body (eg. wear jeans). I find that combination attractive. I don't like wearing garments that expose *too* much, though since I don't wish to attract the wrong kind of attention. But that's just me.

2nd.

i used to never wear anything that would show more than my arms because i was so self-conscious about my body. i would always want to try and wear different things, but i always thought i couldn't pull it off. i don't know what happened when i started high school, but i guess i felt i could start fresh at a diff school, and then i started wearing what i really wanted to wear. it was a small change, but i remember feeling much happier because i was doing what i wanted to do.

it sounds like you want to wear tube tops, tank tops, and feminine things. i like to wear those things, too. since you don't feel comfortable wearing them in public ...i think if you wear them around your house from time to time, you'll get into the habit of wearing those types of things, and hopefully transition into wearing them in public. if that's what you really want, tho.

and does lesser = more attractive to men? i have no idea. would really depend on the guy.

Hey i am like this too. as in today i when nearby buy some grocery for tomorrow meals. Since its quite nearby and afternoon is very little people, i try wear something lik tank top. not yet tube. i think i never dare to wear man, it's lik a feeling never really wear anything, but perhaps it's just not used to it.

I actually thought before i could start afresh like what you mentioned. Either go to a brand new country where no body knows me, even i look awful it's only the people there see me, ha! they wun know me. isnt it great? :)

It is true that if we ocassionally dress up ourselves we will feel good and a little boost our esteem too.

Wear what you want. A lot of attractive girls i know don't wear revealing clothes yet they look so hawt :)

Don't succumb to peer pressure! Fuck the others! lol

Hey lols! How i wish i can belong to that catagory of wear covered up still look good lookin and pretty and great :D >< =x

I think that there's a fine line between sexy and slutty. To me, looking sexy is all about balance. If you wear a revealing top, then you should balance it out by covering the rest of your body (eg. wear jeans). I find that combination attractive. I don't like wearing garments that expose *too* much, though since I don't wish to attract the wrong kind of attention. But that's just me.

Haha lol, i also kinda of agree to it abt the sexy and sluty thing. But could it but there is a possibly extist most guys just lust at sluts for whatever pleases their eyes?

PS: just my pov no offence.

Haha lol, i also kinda of agree to it abt the sexy and sluty thing. But could it but there is a possibly extist most guys just lust at sluts for whatever pleases their eyes?

no, sluts get no respect. Sure guys may fuck them but they're gonna be alone later.

More cloths leaves more to the imagination. Guys want to find out whats underneath not get shown it straight away.

just my 2c

Well, yes. I do think that most guys' eyes can't help but be drawn to females who dress in an extremely provocative way. However, I don't think that guys view them as longterm relationship material, if you know what I mean. Especially if the guy is unscrupulous and only after one thing.

However, moving the topic back to acne, I say just dress however you please regardless of how your back looks. Your bacne is probably not as noticeable as you think anyway. It's most likely faded over time. :) Try not to let acne control your daily life too much.

Well, yes. I do think that most guys' eyes can't help but be drawn to females who dress in an extremely provocative way. However, I don't think that guys view them as longterm relationship material, if you know what I mean. Especially if the guy is unscrupulous and only after one thing.

However, moving the topic back to acne, I say just dress however you please regardless of how your back looks. Your bacne is probably not as noticeable as you think anyway. It's most likely faded over time. :) Try not to let acne control your daily life too much.

Thanks for consoling me about my scars would fade with time.

I wish it will fade soon.

So far notmuch outbreak after using neutrogena rain bath.

Only scars

no, sluts get no respect. Sure guys may fuck them but they're gonna be alone later.

More cloths leaves more to the imagination. Guys want to find out whats underneath not get shown it straight away.

just my 2c

agreed with this.

Less is more if you have the body to pull it off.

that's not too say you have to dress like a slut to get a boyfriend

because you don't. If it's attention you want then go as slutty as possible.

Less is more if you have the body. If you don't, may as well be poking people's eyes out. Keep in mind though if you're hot, you're hot regardless of what you wear. Your only disadvantage will be in that if a girl of equal attractiveness comes along, you're done for. Against average girls, you still win hands down any day.