Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Fraxel Repair Before and After Pic off the net

Hey all,

I was searching realself.com last night and came across this before and after pic. Its of a woman who has apparently had a fraxel repair treatment. the photos are said to be taken before and 6 weeks after the treatment.

the pictures can be found here http://www.realself.com/photo/136856

is this kind of result typical? im suprised to see her small scarring almost disappear :)

Hey all,

I was searching realself.com last night and came across this before and after pic. Its of a woman who has apparently had a fraxel repair treatment. the photos are said to be taken before and 6 weeks after the treatment.

the pictures can be found here http://www.realself.com/photo/136856

is this kind of result typical? im suprised to see her small scarring almost disappear :)

from the way her skin looks, she did more than just co2 laser. it looks like she did some TCA cross because her acne scars on some deeper ones seem to have lost some pigment. co2 laser definitely cannot lift up deep scars like that. I'm pretty positive this is a multi-scar revision procedure (meaning co2 with some other procedure/s).

Look closely, the lighting is different as well.

oh the lighting is definitely different, but if you zoom in on the scars, they have lifted too. derms on realself.com are supposed to list all treatments undertaken between the photos and she hasnt listed that the lady had tca cross etc. to me that seems like the most likely course of action too.

just suprised why her results look so good. i want that much improvement too !

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

i think to really get good improvement, we need combo treatments i.e subcision(2-3 times), co2 laser, some tca cross, and some stem cell induced fat injections at the end of it all if NEEDED. hah

oh the lighting is definitely different, but if you zoom in on the scars, they have lifted too. derms on realself.com are supposed to list all treatments undertaken between the photos and she hasnt listed that the lady had tca cross etc. to me that seems like the most likely course of action too.

and dermarolling too, if you take out co2 laser.

i think to really get good improvement, we need combo treatments i.e subcision(2-3 times), co2 laser, some tca cross, and some stem cell induced fat injections at the end of it all if NEEDED. hah

$$$$

ljcsc.com/fraxel_re_pair_before_after_pictures_2.html

(add www.)

check out this one too... even more impressive (but i personally think its microswelling)

Sydney, considering the different lighting and positioning, those results are reasonanble. As you can tell she will need further treatments.

ljcsc.com/fraxel_re_pair_before_after_pictures_2.html

They have some good pictures on that site. Check out the old man in #13. Lets see if this link works better.

http://www.ljcsc.com/fraxel_re_pair_before...pictures_2.html

(add www.)

check out this one too... even more impressive (but i personally think its microswelling)

thanks for ur reply dudley. since you have had the procedure a few times and looking at these pics. are the majority microswelling, or do you think some of them show the actual expected improvement? if anything its very interesting.

Sydney, what everybody refuses to acknowledge is that Re:pair is a slow, expensive, cumulative process. I had a non-acne scar that I would estimate as being as deep as most acne scars. I have to look pretty hard to see any remnants of that scar. I used to be able to feel it with my fingers, but not any more. I would say that most people are looking at 3-4 lasers and maybe a 2 year or longer process.

It is very difficult to keep positioning and lighting the same when taking pictures, but the results are reasonable. Just remember what I said above. For those who can do Re:pair, the laser will work, but results are NOT instant, and few are willing to wait so they chase the latest miracle cures(that never work).

Sydney, what everybody refuses to acknowledge is that Re:pair is a slow, expensive, cumulative process. I had a non-acne scar that I would estimate as being as deep as most acne scars. I have to look pretty hard to see any remnants of that scar. I used to be able to feel it with my fingers, but not any more. I would say that most people are looking at 3-4 lasers and maybe a 2 year or longer process.

It is very difficult to keep positioning and lighting the same when taking pictures, but the results are reasonable. Just remember what I said above. For those who can do Re:pair, the laser will work, but results are NOT instant, and few are willing to wait so they chase the latest miracle cures(that never work).

dudley - i hear you buddy and thats all i wanted to hear. i dont expect instant results, just some over time would be nice.

unfortunately, ill only be able to have it done once (cost wise), but by the time i do most of my scars should already be a bit more level. any additional improvement would be really lovely.