Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stacy84

Regimen users who only follow regimen once a day

I've been doing The Regimen once a day for over a year and a half now. I started out following The Regimen exactly, including doing it twice a day and working my way up from a small amount of BP, but once I was clear, I was able to cut back.

Currently, I only do The Regimen at night, and I only use one pump of BP, and that seems to be enough for me.

I do recommend following The Regimen precisely until you're clear before attempting to alter it, though.

thank you for your reply. very much appreciated!

how about anyone else? don't be shy people, I won't bite! :cool:

id like to know how shaving fits into the regime. do those who shave like do it 3 or 4 hours before the regime in the evening or what?

cause im doing a regime of my own which uses bp etc and id like to know how im going to fit it into my regime

id like to know how shaving fits into the regime. do those who shave like do it 3 or 4 hours before the regime in the evening or what?

cause im doing a regime of my own which uses bp etc and id like to know how im going to fit it into my regime

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

For men on The Regimen, shaving goes right before cleansing in the morning.

no offense, but create your own topic. i am trying to get mine answered!

true dat. And for my input stacy: Iv been thinking about trying it once a day. However, i just woke up and looked in the mirror and my skin looks very clear (im doing it twice a day, full amount of BP), its been about a month). The reasons i want to do it only at night is A. Less morning time. B. Im always worried swimming during the day will wash BP off anyways.

Everybody i talk to says that most of the BP is absorbed within a few hours anyways, so I dont think the last point makes any difference. Why do you want to do it once a day?

I would also like to hear from people who had success or not success trying it once a day.

Why do you want to do it once a day?

I want to do it once a day (a night only) because when I do the regimen during the day and i go out to run errands, my face looks real greasy and a greasy face out in broad daylight looks bad!

I only use The Regimen once a day (at night) and I am clearing up nicely. I must note I only apply BP on my forehead, nose, and chin and then apply jojoba oil on my whole face. I don't use the products Dan recommends because I have been using my own cleanser that I trust and my own moisturizer that I trust.

Hope that helps! :dance:

I use it once a day only. I do use a 10% formula though with lactic acid and moisturiser built in, and don't care about being gentle, so not exactly Dan's Regimen.

i followed the regimen precisely twice a day for a year, it cleared me up well then when i was clear i cut down to once a day, and come to think of it i was perfectly fine, then i cut down all in all on BP and started using SA, bad move on my part my acne is back, and so is the BP, once a day though at night, i work outdoors and this stuff absolutely BURNS your skin sunscreen or not

my advice to you would be (if possible) use the BP both morning and night until your clear (or moderately) then cut down to one application a day

oh and to answer the shaving question, i shave with my cleanser, and a 2 blade razor, i havnt needed shaving cream for years, and it leaves your skin very soft and clean

hope i helped !! :D

I did the full regimen until I cleared up, and for the last year have been maintaining with 1 1/2 fingers of BP (in the day), and it's working well.

I have been a long time user of BP and Regimen at night only.

A couple of years back after a serious breakout, I followed the Regimen fully, twice a day until the acne cleared (this took two weeks. the acne I had were no longer cystic after i had been on a dose of roaccutane).

I then switched to at night only and ate to a veg heavy diet.

This went ok for a while and for the next 3 months only the occasional spot would come up but nothing serious.

For the next 4 months, no new spots came up, I was still only doing the BP treatment at night and the skin was clearing very well.

I then started getting lazy and would skip some nights BP treatment and ate unhealthy, more junk food and less veg.

A bad breakout occurred. I switched back to the full regimen - twice a day and I cleared up after 3 weeks.

Then guess what, I switched back to one treatment only and ate unhealthily again and I got another bad breakout.

For the past week, I have gone back to two treatments and my skin is clearing up again.

Now, even though I know that I should probably stick to 2 treatments a day and eat healthily, it is really difficult.

BP during the day is tough because it leaves a shiny face and I am very worried about bleaching my clothes. I already have bleached duvet and pillow covers and PJs and I dont want to ruin my other clothes.

I used to use Dan's products but international shipping got a bit expensive so I switched to Panoyxl Aquagel. I want to stick to twice a day BP so I've ordered more of Dan's products hoping that his gentler BP wont stain the clothes.

I was a long time regimen user. I followed it to the word for almost 2 years until I was clear. I then cut back and began using it just at night for almost another year. I kept clear and was pretty happy until I wanted more. I cut completely off the regimen and just began using a BP face wash. I've been doing that for a year and am still clear. I owe big thanks to Dan and the regimen for keeping me clear all of the years. Made a huge difference to me.

I was a long time regimen user. I followed it to the word for almost 2 years until I was clear. I then cut back and began using it just at night for almost another year. I kept clear and was pretty happy until I wanted more. I cut completely off the regimen and just began using a BP face wash. I've been doing that for a year and am still clear. I owe big thanks to Dan and the regimen for keeping me clear all of the years. Made a huge difference to me.

That's awesome!

I've been on the Regimen for just over 3 months, and I only use it once a day(at night), and I have seen tremendous results. Many people have actually told me that my acne has healed up a lot. The reason why I only do it once a day is because I'm too lazy to wake up before school to apply it in the morning, but once summer hits I may try it in the morning as well to see how it works out. But for now, I am completely satisfied with only doing it once a day.

Oh this is very encouraging to hear!

I do the regimen twice a day to the letter for bacne/frontne and I'm clearing up. But... I don't know how many white shirts I can wear.

So I'm hoping that, in a few months, I can switch to a nightly application and then shower off the BP in the morning so I can wear whatever I want (like gray wifebeaters).