Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

Where do you want to be in life?

Inspired from this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2875603

And in particular the post I linked to in it.

Life may be a bit crap for a lot of us right now, but where do you see yourself going? What are your goals and ambitions in life? What will make you happy?

What I want from life...

- I want clear skin and to feel comfortable with the way I look

- I want a nice house and a nice selection of cars

- I want to work as a web designer - it's one of the few things that I have a passion for and the only job I can really see myself enjoying

- Above all I want love - I want a beautiful woman to love and to love me back, our love will make us happy and all the shit life throws at us will suddenly seem insignificant.

I want to be happy in life and I think the above things would make that happen.

Your turn.

Edited by mx123

I'm going to be working as a character artist

I'd love to be happy with my appearance

I would love to help someone who is in the same situation as me.

I would like to go to college, have a social life again, have a place of my own, have a nice car, a job that I don't hate and makes decent money, and eventually start a family.

Get my research proposal approved, it's been shot down twice but I made some modifications and I think I've got it this time (2010-2012)

Finish my undergrad, Chem Engineer (2013)

Get my masters (2015)

Get a job working as a plant/production/process designer (2015-2020)

Use my experience to get a job overseas (2020-death)

Throw a wife and kids in there and I'll be the happiest guy you ever met.

Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches and take what you're given but it can't stop you from wanting to achieve your goals. At least, I'm gonna try to let nothing stop me from checking everything off that list.

Self motivation is the best medicine any of us have, don't lose it.

mx123, that's a lovely post you got inspiration from even if the other poster doesn't know. ;)

When I had cystic/nodular acne, I wanted relief. Simple as that. Not to be beautiful, loved, or anything like that. I wanted relief from the pain.

Now that I'm clear, I want a simple life. No drama llamas in my backyard. No pregnancy scares from my teenage daughter. No pink slip from my boss. I just want a laid back lifestyle, but everybody around me is so uptight. It's hard.

I want to be a successful and mildly wealthy couples counselor who lives in a house by the bay or forest, with a husband who I can relate to and love for the rest of my life. Children optional. :)

in reality i want a good job which im confident i will have, beautiful and caring wife, (gods in charge of that one), 1 kid before im 30. And i guess a nice house for my wife and kid. Typical american dream i guess.Acnes out of the picture cause i dont want that in my life

Edited by Help Wanted

I want to know what I want.

I want to have the ability to look at everyone with open arms (even those who have hurt me)

I want to live and feel the exhilaration of being ALIVE. :dance:

I want to continue to train my puppy, succeed in my job and eventually go back to school to do something I truly feel passionate about every day.

I want the simple things to mean as much as I feel the big things mean to me now.

I want to be able to let go and push myself while continuing to love myself in my down falls.

Those are my goals, unfortunately they aren't as tangible as a house. :think:

I dont wan't to be corny but at this point my ultimate dream is to travel the world with the woman i love ;)

Edited by Timko92

Short term

1) CPA license

2) Bench press 315 pounds

3) Move out of this bumfuck town I currently live in

4) Clear skin (obviously)

Long term

1) Figure out a way to make a lot of money without working very hard

2) Learn how to be serious but not take life too seriously

mx123, that's a lovely post you got inspiration from even if the other poster doesn't know. ;)

I agree with that :D. Really cool :]

I want a lot of things... I'm a real dreamer. I'll focus just on what I want here :)

Short term:

I'd really like to graduate highschool by the end of this year with a grade high enough to pass me through to Veterinary Medicine/Psychology. I have to take 3 AP exams after that with a grade of 3 or higher to fully qualify for upper education where I want to study -- Norway. Becoming a vet has been my dream since forever, and I've always been interested in psychology. I think I'd be really happy as either a vet/psychologist/psychiatrist. It's difficult but I have to think about it... by the least, I'd like to be somewhere that I can make an impact.

Before that, I really hope I adapt fast to living in Norway when I move this summer. I don't have anyone that I'm truly close with there. I hope the school year goes smooth too cus I'm going to a "Foekehoegskole", which is a sort of gap year boarding school(while I work towards my diploma and AP exams). You get to travel to a place of your choice, like North America, South America, Africa, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, etc. and stay there for a month. You study your interests and you don't get any real assignments. Basically some time to unwind and meet possible lifelong friends. You got to participate in activities throughout the week though so I'm a bit anxious of the workload. Still I'm hopeful.

Along the way I'd really like to pick up a talent. I don't have a real talent like playing an instrument, drawing really well, or writing great poetry or any of that. I'd really love to pick up one. Mostly drawing or poetry, cus I've made some in the past and the art of drawing is just beautiful. Haven't had practice in a while =(.

Long term:

Hopefully by the time I settle down with a decent job at about, lets say 25, I'd have someone beside me who I can share life experiences with :wub: . I dream of a little house with a lively garden, in a quite place, small town=). When I fantasize about it I see birds and butterflies, a pond, some pets. I'd really like to have at least one child. I favor the idea of adopting. A lot of it comes from the thought that I don't want to put another child in this world to suffer -- there are plenty already here that are struggling, so help them instead. I also favor it cus I really appreciate what my dad's done for me. Maybe 2 adopted children and one of my own blood... well I don't know, it's a decision of 2, not just me :]

By the time I'm 50, if I reach there... I'd really love to have backpacked most if not all of the world. Half of my life I grew up around backpackers you see=)

i love this thread :clap:

in life all i ever truly want is to be happy and contented

for myself:

- clear skin :dance:

- to graduate college with honors and make my parents very proud

- to have lots of real friends

- have a great job and a family

-----------

- i want to buy a big house for my parents. i don't want them to ever work or be bored when they're old(i want them to tour the world) ;)

Hopefully I can achieve the following..

Short-term goals:

-Successfully finish my university degree.

-Move into my new house.

-Be happy.

Long-term goals:

-Pursue postgraduate studies while working part-time.

-Eventually work full-time.

-Resolve my skin issues (I foresee an ongoing battle).

-Travel the world.

-Provide for my parents.

-Get married and have kids.

-Ultimately, be happy.

Edited by maggipie

- i want to buy a big house for my parents. i don't want them to ever work or be bored when they're old(i want them to tour the world) ;)

That's sweet of you. :) I'd like to do that for my parents, too.

I want to be comfortable with myself, more than anything else. I want to go a single day without thinking about suicide (something that has not happened since I was a child). I want to look in the mirror one day and be okay with the person that I see. I want to find somebody to love and take care of and somebody to love and take care of me. Somebody who accepts me for who I am and somebody who I can feel comfortable spending a large chunk of my life with. I want to be healthy and feel healthy and fix all of the stupid little problems that are holding me back and then I want to live my life. I want to become a graphic designer. I want to find some musician friends and make beautiful music with beautiful people in my free time. I want to be alive and happy during this exciting, chaotic age of technology and discovery.

Edited by King Rat

i want to have clear skin, so i can be in a position where i can just live my life and be myself. This alone will open the door to everything that i desire, which in honesty isnt much at all.

cool thread. n nice list, OP.

When I had cystic/nodular acne, I wanted relief. Simple as that. Not to be beautiful, loved, or anything like that. I wanted relief from the pain.