Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrleee

acne depression is just a clich

right .... im 18 at the moment , and these past few months have been pretty good , my acne isnt gone but it has got alot better because im not stressing about it all the time, even my aunte said to me , your skins looking much better so that was a good day for me lol

but here is the story ...... i have a freind a year older than me , and he gets very severe acne.. hes got it so bad that i feel like crying for him, despite it being so bad , and even a few people in my class at college acting like morons calling him names . he never lets it show on the outside , so i have always thorght that he just bottles it up

so anyway, im at my house , i get a phone call from him saying , do you really wana go out tonight becuase i would rather stay in, my skin is looking bad ... so i said some nice things and persuaded him to come ...... a few hours later im sitting at the bar with him and a girl comes over , and kisses him , and im like , hello , whos this then, he says , this is my girlfreind . and she was quite pretty

so i hope this gives a little hope to people , dont let your acne ruine your life , it really is about personality

He's very lucky indeed.

I'm a girl, and unfortunately, it really isn't like that for girls.

I might be generalizing, but it's truly a tougher battle for girls because we have so much physical expectations to meet.

All my friends who have bad skin are never touched by a (normal, not creepy) guy.

And I am sort of the same....

He's very lucky indeed.

I might be generalizing, but it's truly a tougher battle for girls because we have so much physical expectations to meet.

All my friends who have bad skin are never touched by a (normal, not creepy) guy.

Yep. Isn't that the way how it goes :rolleyes:.

well i supose wat ur saying is correct ...... but i know some guys that generally like girls for their personality .... but who knows those might be the creepy guys LOL

I would hazard a guess that you have no actual understanding about the true nature of depression; which itself is a cliché.

I would hazard a guess that you have no actual understanding about the true nature of depression; which itself is a cliché.

I agree with Lemmy. Ive had acne for 12 years and have developed some very serious pitted scarring from it. Whilst it might seem easy to just say oh its alright, or oh people dont notice etc, the truth it its made me really unhappy.

Recently I've spent most days crying, I've stopped seeing my mates and ive even contemplated suicide on a number of occasions. I spend my days dreaming of a solution that may never come.

So yeah mate, you can say its a cliche, but it shows you simply dont understand. I hope you never have to mate.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

It's a different story for everyone, some have it easy, normal and some get hit hard

I'm on the normal side. No suicide thoughts, just lonely nights crying and feeling shity, staying indoors, avoiding others etc.

I know some that just don't give a fuck and socialize normally but that's not me.

I'm also glad your friend got a girl that's cool with his conditions :)

I agree with Lemmy. Ive had acne for 12 years and have developed some very serious pitted scarring from it. Whilst it might seem easy to just say oh its alright, or oh people dont notice etc, the truth it its made me really unhappy.

Recently I've spent most days crying, I've stopped seeing my mates and ive even contemplated suicide on a number of occasions. I spend my days dreaming of a solution that may never come.

So yeah mate, you can say its a cliche, but it shows you simply dont understand. I hope you never have to mate.

):

He's very lucky indeed.

hahaha.girls always comment on how shallows guys are (not saying you do) but acne shouldnt keep you from feeling sexy . A few weeks back a new girl came to our high school .she was SMOKIN HOT! so hot infact that multiple guys followed her around on some occasions to stare at her (guys who arnt considered creepy but as very decent and attractive).she had moderate acne and i could see she wears some make-up .Alot of guys discuss her in detail but no one ever comments on her skin. The truth is a confident woman with acne is more atractive then a self-esteem wreck with clear skin...

This sh*t won't ruin my life again.

I agree. People should just go on with their life. Opinions, mean people and names are just pointless stuff.

AND ALSO, if someone really loves you, they won't care about your skin.

While it's true that acne and depression tend to go together, it really just depends on how much you let the acne get to you. I really admire your friend for not letting his acne dictate the quality of his life. I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by maggipie

I think a lot of people use acne as a crutch. And when people don't like them, they automatically blame it on the skin. I know that isn't always the case.

I'm glad your friend has a girlfriend who loves him for who he is. That's great. I wish more people could look past the flaws and focus on the inner beauty.

Thanks for sharing a positive story - nice to know that your friend has succeeded in finding friends, you among, who can look past his skin and appreciate his personality.

And yes, acne depression is a cliché - but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

right .... im 18 at the moment , and these past few months have been pretty good , my acne isnt gone but it has got alot better because im not stressing about it all the time, even my aunte said to me , your skins looking much better so that was a good day for me lol

but here is the story ...... i have a freind a year older than me , and he gets very severe acne.. hes got it so bad that i feel like crying for him, despite it being so bad , and even a few people in my class at college acting like morons calling him names . he never lets it show on the outside , so i have always thorght that he just bottles it up

so anyway, im at my house , i get a phone call from him saying , do you really wana go out tonight becuase i would rather stay in, my skin is looking bad ... so i said some nice things and persuaded him to come ...... a few hours later im sitting at the bar with him and a girl comes over , and kisses him , and im like , hello , whos this then, he says , this is my girlfreind . and she was quite pretty

so i hope this gives a little hope to people , dont let your acne ruine your life , it really is about personality

well good! lol there are lots of girls who aren't shallow.

he deserves a good-looking girl just as much as the flawless jock =]

and acne depression isn't really cliche, it's mostly just pathetic

but i think most depression is, bc it's your own self who got you to the mental state you're at.

i shouldn't be talking though, because I have my bouts of depression.. not gonna lie

Edited by mslily009

well good! lol there are lots of girls who aren't shallow.

he deserves a good-looking girl just as much as the flawless jock =]

and acne depression isn't really cliche, it's mostly just pathetic

but i think most depression is, bc it's your own self who got you to the mental state you're at.

i shouldn't be talking though, because I have my bouts of depression.. not gonna lie

Exacly , wise words !

While I'm not a moron who chooses to ignore the fact that people with acne are viewed as unattractive, I am not one who is depressed by this fact.

I get depressed not because of what others think about my skin but mainly from what I think of MYSELF.

I hate my body. It seems like I have every genetic flaw in the book. I swear to god I'm the only kid in the world who:

still has acne (or, has ever had acne)

with disgusting hypertrohpic scars all over my torso

with really oily skin

has below average height

Depression isn't fake, it's real, no matter the cause. The notion that if someone loves you they won't care about your skin is BULLSHIT. If someone loves you without caring about appearance, then they ONLY love your personality. I believe real love means loving EVERY part of you. The fact is, acne is unattractive and nobody will ever physically love somebody like me and THAT really depresses me.

well i supose wat ur saying is correct ...... but i know some guys that generally like girls for their personality .... but who knows those might be the creepy guys LOL

LMAO. That made me laugh for real! xD

Perhaps he has a great girlfriend because like you said.... he doesn't care what anybody thinks. He just lets himself be.

Perhaps if we all just stopped caring so much and just relaxed a bit more, then perhaps our levels of attractiveness would shoot up.

While I'm not a moron who chooses to ignore the fact that people with acne are viewed as unattractive, I am not one who is depressed by this fact.

I get depressed not because of what others think about my skin but mainly from what I think of MYSELF.

'

I hate my body. It seems like I have every genetic flaw in the book. I swear to god I'm the only kid in the world who:

still has acne (or, has ever had acne)

with disgusting hypertrohpic scars all over my torso

with really oily skin

has below average height

Depression isn't fake, it's real, no matter the cause. The notion that if someone loves you they won't care about your skin is BULLSHIT. If someone loves you without caring about appearance, then they ONLY love your personality. I believe real love means loving EVERY part of you. The fact is, acne is unattractive and nobody will ever physically love somebody like me and THAT really depresses me.

I agree with you, I do think some amount of physical attraction is necessary. But I disagree, at least from your description, that you can be THAT unattractive. I think it is much more of a psychological thing, that you're looking at your 'flaws' through a magnifying glass. I know how that is, been through that, and no I haven't gotten over it, it comes back to me a lot, but just making the decision to stop getting depressed over the way you look helps loads.

You know what? I'm short too =D 5'0". 18, and I'm from Vietnam, so I'm just genetically small. Been the shortest girl in class since gr. 6! (Well, before that, I just can't remember). I'm taller than my mom lol, soo. I don't really see much potential in me growing any taller. I know the name calling part. Midget, shortie, dwarf, etccc.

I got acne too, on my face and back. I started getting it at 12, so 6 years now. I have oily/combination/sensative skin. The oily part is getting better since I started using products specifically for oily skin, but from time to time I still wake up looking like someone tried to fry stuff on my face.

I got a huge burn scar down the left side of my chest. Plenty of scars on my elbows and knees too. I got stretch marks. I don't have those perfect curves. That perfect face. Not the smartest kid either. Not a social butterfly. I have no special talent. Man, I can go on and on. But look. Even THAT hasn't stopped me from dating, and guys being physically attracted. To EVEN ME. Sure, I have days where I feel confident about the way I look, but for the most part, I honestly, really don't think I'm anything to look at.

Beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. So you can't say that all girls will see you as being unattractive. It's obvious that not all you meet will be physically attracted to you, but that goes with EVERYBODY. Seriously, some of my friends go nuts over celebrities that I couldn't give less of a damn about. Like Orlando Bloom and Zac Efron. Whenever I see my friends going all dreamy over them, I'd be like *wtf?????? there is no hope*. But that's just me. And. You know, I think Edward Norton is just awesomee. Great actor, sweet looks. But my friends, they're like. "Eww he's old".

So beauty is in the eyes of the beholder (:.

He's very lucky indeed.

I agree with this I really do!

Perhaps he has a great girlfriend because like you said.... he doesn't care what anybody thinks. He just lets himself be.

Perhaps if we all just stopped caring so much and just relaxed a bit more, then perhaps our levels of attractiveness would shoot up.

Definitely. It's tough though.