Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melissa Karen Lim

On regimen for 7 months, skin has stopped peeling, so acne's back!

Hi,

This board has been incredibly helpful in my journey using the Regimen -- thank you to everyone for making this such an amazing resource!

I've been on the Regimen since November and initially it worked well, after I got over all the peeling, my skin got used to the BP, etc.

But recently, my acne has come roaring back -- simply put, my skin has stopped peeling, so hence all the dead skin cells are trapping bacteria and making me break out.

I've been putting the BP on at night, full finger's amount; and half the amount during the day because my skin still gets red and I don't want to walk around with a red face.

How do I encourage my skin to keep peeling?

Thanks!

Just because your skin looks like it stopped "peeling" doesn't mean dead skin stopped flaking off. Its now just on a micro level that you can't see with your eyes. You should probably start ramping up the BP dosage like the regimen requires. I use the pump, so i do two full pumps morning and night. You should read the "start here" section and again. 7 Months is a long time, and you should definitely start using the full required amount, otherwise your not doing "the regimen" you are doing a regimen.

Also, can you describe your morning and night regimen process and the products you use? Maybe there is something that needs tweaking

Just because your skin looks like it stopped "peeling" doesn't mean dead skin stopped flaking off. Its now just on a micro level that you can't see with your eyes. You should probably start ramping up the BP dosage like the regimen requires. I use the pump, so i do two full pumps morning and night. You should read the "start here" section and again. 7 Months is a long time, and you should definitely start using the full required amount, otherwise your not doing "the regimen" you are doing a regimen.

Also, can you describe your morning and night regimen process and the products you use? Maybe there is something that needs tweaking

Thanks for that advice -- you're right, I should go the full amount. But even now, my oil production seems to have gone up, so that I'm super oily (more than ever before) just a few hours after the morning BP application. That never happened before... I used to have the problem of the BP making my skin super dry and itchy.

In the morning, I wash with the liquid Purpose soap, put on the BP and then apply Good for You Girls organic moisturizer. At night, after washing with the same soap, I only put on the BP because while I sleep my face produces as much oil as the Louisiana leak...

Im not sure what your oil production going up has to do with not using more BP...definitely go to the full amount. Secondly, moisturize at night!!! Your skin is probably so oily because it is making up for the dryness. When you moisturize your skin will actually decrease in oil over time. So two things: 1. Moisturize all the time. 2. More BP. I bet you will clear up.

Im not sure what your oil production going up has to do with not using more BP...definitely go to the full amount. Secondly, moisturize at night!!! Your skin is probably so oily because it is making up for the dryness. When you moisturize your skin will actually decrease in oil over time. So two things: 1. Moisturize all the time. 2. More BP. I bet you will clear up.

I'll try that. Thanks!

I agree with MaximusO, you have to moisturize to keep your skin from compensating for the dryness. Also, I know it sounds counterintuitive, but try some jojoba oil in your regimen. It balances your oil production and doesn't clog pores! My favorite way to use it is the apply a thin layer of the jojoba (about 6 drops) immediately after washing my face, and it absorbs very quickly. Then wait, BP, wait, moisturize. It's made my skin stop being flaky (from using the BP) and feel healthy and moist, not oily.