Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeyci91

Gov suppresing supplements

Check this out. It explains how there are bills that if made laws will outlaw the distribution of supplements, or take their potency down to levels that wouldn't even help a mouse.

[http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?p=5371

There's an option here to send an E-mail to your senators and congressmen. The more people that do this the better.

Ok that link should be right now. I'm a newb though so it still may be incorrect. If it is copy and paste.. it's really important info

[Moderator edit: This pertains to acne supplements as well. I added in this part to make it apply to the Nutrition and Holistic Health/Acne board]

Edited by joeyci91
allowing topic to stay with edit

Maybe everybody already knows all about this.. I thought it was a big deal when I found out that the FDA and politicians in their pocket are conspiring to make supplementation illegal. If you don't want this to happen you should really check out this site. (For some reason my links don't work.. i'm doing all it says so idk why.. but copy and paste that into your toolbar..) to me it seems very important.. sorry if i posted in the wrong place though.. i'm still getting used to the boards

I may be misunderstanding the issue here, but I think it would probably be a good thing if supplements were regulated, as from my understanding supplement manufacturers can currently put all sorts of mysterious pixie dusts in their supplements that may do nothing or even be harmful.

Also, there are not nearly enough studies done on the safety and effectiveness of supplements, especially regarding their long-term effects. When people mega-dose on supplements to treat their acne, the amount needed for "therapeutic treatment" can produce side effects on par with those of prescribed drugs, as can be seen in excessive Vitamin A supplementation. Most people have little idea of what exactly these supplements are doing to their bodies in such high doses.

I don't see the problem with supplement companies' having to put their money where their mouth is and prove that their products are safe and effective remedies and not just snake oil in fancy packaging.

I may be misunderstanding the issue here, but I think it would probably be a good thing if supplements were regulated, as from my understanding supplement manufacturers can currently put all sorts of mysterious pixie dusts in their supplements that may do nothing or even be harmful.

Also, there are not nearly enough studies done on the safety and effectiveness of supplements, especially regarding their long-term effects. When people mega-dose on supplements to treat their acne, the amount needed for "therapeutic treatment" can produce side effects on par with those of prescribed drugs, as can be seen in excessive Vitamin A supplementation. Most people have little idea of what exactly these supplements are doing to their bodies in such high doses.

I don't see the problem with supplement companies' having to put their money where their mouth is and prove that their products are safe and effective remedies and not just snake oil in fancy packaging.

word.

This. I could literally sell you a pill full of rice flour and tell you it has anti-aging properties that'll make you feel 50 years younger. Slap a "proprietary blend" label on there and I don't even have to tell you what ingredients are in the rice flour pill I'm selling. Don't believe me?

here's how to start your own supplement company.

It's called the free market

What the government wants to do is unconstitutional...and very conspiratorial.

Give them an inch and they'll take it a mile.

If someone wants to buy something, they have the freedom to do it. Saying that people overdose means nothing. The government isn't supposed to baby sit us. Only someone stupid would take so much of a supplement that it would harm them. If they do, it's there problem.

As of now, supplements have to have every ingredient in the product listed, it has to give the recommended dosage, and it has to list warnings if there are any. That's sufficient enough.

Just do some research before you buy a supplement. Buy from reputable companies. Read reviews. How hard is that? why must everyone be babysat? God forbid that people put in a little work and effort into becoming informed consumers.

It's called the free market

What the government wants to do is unconstitutional...and very conspiratorial.

Give them an inch and they'll take it a mile.

If someone wants to buy something, they have the freedom to do it. Saying that people overdose means nothing. The government isn't supposed to baby sit us. Only someone stupid would take so much of a supplement that it would harm them. If they do, it's there problem.

As of now, supplements have to have every ingredient in the product listed, it has to give the recommended dosage, and it has to list warnings if there are any. That's sufficient enough.

Exactly. The legislation has nothing to do with being concerned for our safety, if it were I would not be opposed to it. Nor is it about regulating supplements and their manufacturers. IT'S ABOUT MAKING THEM ILLEGAL TO PRODUCE AT ALL! And the motivations are simply greed. The FDA is not the helpful organization many people think it is. In reality they're crooks who want us to rely on harsh pharmecueticals and the doctors in their pocket. There are various ways for health professionals to cure lots of things that are considered "incurable," but if they did, nobody would come back because they would be cured, and the doctors would have no business.

Naturalnews.com is a wonderful website to find more information.

This is another very informative and heartbreaking link. It explains how The FDA squashed a potential cancer cure:

naturalnews.com/028239_aloe_vera_FDA.html

sorry for my newbness and lack of quality link making abilities, but please read this. It should be enough to outrage anyone.. and if you think i'm a nut.. just give the above article a read and you will see where i'm coming from.

Edited by joeyci91

Cool conspiracy theory bro, you make it up yourself? Or do you choose to just blindly follow what someone else says?

People don't want to research. They don't want to be proactive and in charge of their health. That is why the FDA has minimum safety requirements for drugs to be put on the market and require millions to be spent on drug research. Do they fuck up? Definitely. Are they corrupt? Probably about as much as the rest of the government, which is still much much less than most governments worldwide.

I read the article and it is full of fail. No sources cited. Nothing other than 1 clinical trial with no documentation provided. The article is just yellow journalism...

Cool conspiracy theory bro, you make it up yourself? Or do you choose to just blindly follow what someone else says?

People don't want to research. They don't want to be proactive and in charge of their health. That is why the FDA has minimum safety requirements for drugs to be put on the market and require millions to be spent on drug research. Do they fuck up? Definitely. Are they corrupt? Probably about as much as the rest of the government, which is still much much less than most governments worldwide.

I read the article and it is full of fail. No sources cited. Nothing other than 1 clinical trial with no documentation provided. The article is just yellow journalism...

I'm sorry, but I doubt you've read the bill, I doubt you know any of the history surrounding this, and I doubt you know anything regarding codex alimentarius.

What the bill does if passed, is officially sweep in codex, allowing for Monsanto to basically control the worlds food supply, making it illegal for small farmers and even gardeners to grow food. Everything will be GMO, and it will make it so all dairy farmers will have to use growth hormones such at RsBT. It will also make things like fresh garlic, and other medicinal herbs and plants be put in the same category as cocaine and other drugs. It will suppress supplements, and make it so you'll need a prescription for almost all of them at much more expensive prices, and the ones you won't need a prescription for will be sold at such little potency they won't do a thing.

Oh just so you know man, if you send an email or any kind of computer generated word document to any govt official they can throw it away, however if you hand write it then they have to read it... I'm not sure how this is enforced but I know someone who works in the governor's office here in tallahassee. So if you are really worried about this I would hand write a letter.

I'm sorry, but I doubt you've read the bill, I doubt you know any of the history surrounding this, and I doubt you know anything regarding codex alimentarius.

What the bill does if passed, is officially sweep in codex, allowing for Monsanto to basically control the worlds food supply, making it illegal for small farmers and even gardeners to grow food. Everything will be GMO, and it will make it so all dairy farmers will have to use growth hormones such at RsBT. It will also make things like fresh garlic, and other medicinal herbs and plants be put in the same category as cocaine and other drugs. It will suppress supplements, and make it so you'll need a prescription for almost all of them at much more expensive prices, and the ones you won't need a prescription for will be sold at such little potency they won't do a thing.

Show me.

unless I see legimitate sources for that information, that seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

EDIT: I just reread your statement and have decided that it's even more insane that I originally thought. Unless you show us a link to THE ACTUAL BILL in question, do you really think we're gonna believe the bill proposes making gardening illegal and makes garlic a controlled substance? You're making yourself look like a nutjob.

Edited by Sahartar

unless I see legimitate sources for that information, that seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

EDIT: I just reread your statement and have decided that it's even more insane that I originally thought. Unless you show us a link to THE ACTUAL BILL in question, do you really think we're gonna believe the bill proposes making gardening illegal and makes garlic a controlled substance? You're making yourself look like a nutjob.

I'm not finding anything for you. This is the internet. I'm not your babysitter. you can look this all up by yourself.

If you think I look like a nutjob because I'm actually not ignorant, unlike you, than we are doomed worse than I thought.

Hey...guess what...I found all of the bills. the one in the senate and in congress in under a minute for food production, and the one for supplement suppression in another 30 seconds.

not that hard....why don't you try it!!! It'll be fun

Edited by fballer12

Hey...guess what...I found all of the bills. the one in the senate and in congress in under a minute for food production, and the one for supplement suppression in another 30 seconds.

not that hard....why don't you try it!!! It'll be fun

Instead of being a dick about it, why don't you link it here so that people interested can read it?

This statement is also 100% false. You do not have to tell consumers what is in a bottle of supplements, nor do you have to disclose amounts of ingredients. Many supplements have no recommended dietary guidlines so that part doesn't apply, and many newer supplements haven't been properly researched for their to be any warnings. Check out pro-hormones, good example of shady practices under the current laws.

I'm not finding anything for you. This is the internet. I'm not your babysitter. you can look this all up by yourself.

If you think I look like a nutjob because I'm actually not ignorant, unlike you, than we are doomed worse than I thought.

Actually, you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to support that claim and provide adequate resources. It's not babysitting - it's using logic to argue your stance.

You've also committed an ad hominem. You're basically saying "if you don't think like me and agree with me, then we're doomed because your thoughts are wrong." A fallacy that does nothing more than insult someone doesn't exactly support your stance.

I'm with Sahartar and Pimpstick. I want supplements regulated. I want to know what I'm putting into my body.

Actually, you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to support that claim and provide adequate resources. It's not babysitting - it's using logic to argue your stance.

You've also committed an ad hominem. You're basically saying "if you don't think like me and agree with me, then we're doomed because your thoughts are wrong." A fallacy that does nothing more than insult someone doesn't exactly support your stance.

I'm with Sahartar and Pimpstick. I want supplements regulated. I want to know what I'm putting into my body.

Fine...ask your congressman to submit a bill that will do that...as of right now, there are no bills in congress that would do that

But you know what guys...I'm feeling generous today...here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mccain%27s+supplement+bill+s.+3002

and

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monsanto+backed+farm+bill+hr+875

Edited by fballer12

See now we're getting somewhere. I don't think anywhere in this thread was the HR875 bill mentioned, which was what was confusing me. There is nothing in the mcain supplement bill about organic farming.

See now we're getting somewhere. I don't think anywhere in this thread was the HR875 bill mentioned, which was what was confusing me. There is nothing in the mcain supplement bill about organic farming.

You're right....the mccain bill is about supplements...which is s. 3002

The monsanto bill is HR875...which is all about farming

They are two fascist bills which are meant to destroy freedom, attack our healths, and put already big business into bigger control of our food and medicine supply.

The govt does NOT need to regulate things more than they are already. The economy is in a slump and this is what people are thinking about? it's so pathetic.

The Vitamin A & Zinc supplements I have been taking have helped me considerably with my acne. I couldn't care less if it was cat piss (doubt it), so long as it works.

The Vitamin A & Zinc supplements I have been taking have helped me considerably with my acne. I couldn't care less if it was cat piss (doubt it), so long as it works.

This is the attitude that is forcing regulators, or to the cynical among us, giving them the power to enact this legislation. People will take whatever, regardless of the side effects if they think it is doing what they want it to do.

Vitamin A and Zinc aren't the problem here. People take these safely all the time. But what about "2a,17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol"? Would you take a methylated pro-hormone to build muscle? Maybe not, but tons of people did using your same logic of "I couldn't care wtf it is as long as it makes me jacked!!!11", even though it causes liver failure and a whole slew of other side effects. There's enough harmful supplements out there, and enough people getting rich making them that as a whole the supplement industry is way more corrupt and out of control than the FDA.