Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emilt

Depression over scars...

I have managed to get rid of about 85% of my back acne, which is good, but now I am here still some acne and with acne scars. Summer is coming, and I really can't go swimming because of just how insecure I feel. I am taking summer gym with my school, and we go swimming every Friday, and I won't be able to because of this. I wish I could, but I can't.

Because of this problem, I have felt so insecure and emotionally drained over it. I can't wear tank tops like other girls do without a second thought. I have to wear high collars or jackets to hide my acne and scars. I can't look in the mirror and find myself attractive because of this hidden ugliness that only I know about. Sometimes, I just cry... I am so distressed and depressed, and I don't know what to do.

I don't know how much a dermatologist costs, but I don't think my family can afford it right now unless it and the treatments were covered by insurance (which I doubt they are). Other remedies weren't working. Like I said, I am just... consumed in this depression, and am willing to do anything to get rid of these scars. Man, I could even deal with the acne itself if I didn't have these scars on my skin.

I don't know what to do... If anyone can help it is much appreciated.

Yeah it takes time for the scars to heal!....I have loads on my back right now and I wont wear ne thing that shows my back and i never will wear a bathing suit cause of it...Im hoping by next summer my scars will be much more faded and I can finaly stop worrying about my scars...I know how you feel for sure! try using murad exfoliating acne treatment gel....it has helped me out some...

you can't eliminate scars, dermis do not regenerate. You can smooth the look of it, you are a woman and you will fill them with collagen but that is about it. I don't want to be harsh on you, others have it much more difficult with face scars. I don't know what age you are, but you have to learn to deal with that. Our life is harder than normal people, you'll be ok.

Our hope is Stem Cell treatment. US Military is reasearching on that, because they have too many burned people (for these people their skin is dead). There is hope!

don't take this as gospel or anything but, pretty much everyone in my families had bad acne on there back and they swear going out in the sun helps.

I know a lot of people on this forum say it doesn't work but i truly dont think they've tried it, the ones on my back are pretty bad so im gonna give it a try, sick of it.

I live in Brighton (England) and its baking a the moment, i would give anything to be able to go to the beach with myshirt off but it aint gonna happe till my back and chest is clear! good luck anyway.

Just wanted to chime in and say that a dermatologist visit should be covered by most insurances as are many acne treatments.