Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PoorDan

Getting Past Doxycycline

Hello All,

My doctor prescribed me doxycycline for an eye inflammation and to my surprise it left my skin flawless and super clear. I have mild rosacea like bumps that seem to never go away and leave large pores. The routine I used was face wash with cetaphil and then apply differin twice a day along with a good diet, but even then I'll have mild acn. After using doxycyline, it controlled acne inflammation so well, that I could eat and do what ever I wanted. As soon as I stopped doxycycline after 1 month, my acne came back worse than ever, including the eye inflammation, so I am on the medicaiton for 1 more month. I know I will have to stop the antibiotics so I want to prepare for my acne coming back. My question is, are there any non-antibiotics that are just as effective as doxycyline? Its amazing how it stopped my acne inflammation.

I've read somewhere that the long-term use of doxycylcine does not lead to antibiotic resistance, is that true? Is it a good idea just to avoid that?

Thanks for the help guys,

Dan

hey man yeh this cleared me to but after 4 -5 months it came back like a bat out of hell lol

id say prepare by not totally stopping it.. id take one every other day then take a pro biotic for at least a month after stopping it.

:D

I've been using doxycyline (and duac gel) for the past 5 months and it has cleared up my skin - it took at least 3 of those months though to really see a change... my skin is still not completely clear but is still better than I can remember it being in ages.

I'm not sure but there may be side-effects associated with long term use of doxycycline (you'd have to research that or ask a doctor to be sure though)