Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarr

Has anyone actually majorly improved or completely corrected icepick scars with needling?

I have a few icpicks scars all over the place, cheeks, forhead etc. I have a few rolling and box scars also and bad skin tone but am after improving the deeper scars for now. I'm not sure I have heard of anyone improving their icepicks dramatically though which doesn't give me much hope.

I have a few icpicks scars all over the place, cheeks, forhead etc. I have a few rolling and box scars also and bad skin tone but am after improving the deeper scars for now. I'm not sure I have heard of anyone improving their icepicks dramatically though which doesn't give me much hope.

im starting to sound like a broken record here. i havent seen too many positive results with needling either. ive seen people say they are getting better, but nothing too amazing. theres some posts back from 2004 where maya and reilly (really respected members in their time) did a few tca crosses on themselves (so needling with acid) and saw some really good results on their ice pick scars. i suppose you would see results with just needling if you kept doing it over and over.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

im starting to sound like a broken record here. i havent seen too many positive results with needling either. ive seen people say they are getting better, but nothing too amazing. theres some posts back from 2004 where maya and reilly (really respected members in their time) did a few tca crosses on themselves (so needling with acid) and saw some really good results on their ice pick scars.

I have seen your posts about the tca cross. It really seems similar to needling but it seems that tca would hit all scar tissue whereas needling would not. Is this true?

I don't think I could perform tca cross on myself especially at 100% and also have some minor acne to still combat. Would this affect scar treatment if the acne is not in the scarred areas? Also I heard you are from Australia right? Have you found any derm's that perform tca cross?

im starting to sound like a broken record here. i havent seen too many positive results with needling either. ive seen people say they are getting better, but nothing too amazing. theres some posts back from 2004 where maya and reilly (really respected members in their time) did a few tca crosses on themselves (so needling with acid) and saw some really good results on their ice pick scars.

I have seen your posts about the tca cross. It really seems similar to needling but it seems that tca would hit all scar tissue whereas needling would not. Is this true?

I don't think I could perform tca cross on myself especially at 100% and also have some minor acne to still combat. Would this affect scar treatment if the acne is not in the scarred areas? Also I heard you are from Australia right? Have you found any derm's that perform tca cross?

you are pretty spot on there. the acid hits more of the scar and also creates more damage, further dissolving the now broken scar tissue. the more damage you create, the more collagen that is created. least thats the rationale as i see it.

as for it affecting acne, im really not too sure with that one. i did it last year when i had really oilly skin. a few months after i went away on holidays and came back with the worst acne i ever had. im now on accutane to get rid of it again. if anything id say it was due to the post care i was using sometimes if you use too many, it can make acne worse.

yeah i have found one place in sydney that does tca cross. for many years there hasnt been (as many places now use lasering instead). i find it funny cause tca cross seems better. ill give you their details if you're interested. i have no idea if they are any good, but they seem nice enough so far :)