Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spoofy2

What about non-inflamed acne on areas of the body?

I understand that using BHA and AHAs do help. But that stuff is expensive and can become more so if you decide to smother that stuff on other areas of your body. I'd imagine there is something else that's a little different yet still effective for those that have body acne. Does anyone have any suggestions or would like to share their experience? Hopefully, it's a successful one :)

Thanks!

i dont have any other suggestions, but i have the same problem. i get a few blackheads on my shoulders and arms, and to me it doesnt really seem like AHA makes a huge difference unless i catch them early.

yeah its called dermatoligica clearing wash ( i think) i got it with a kit and use it for my body even though its for the face. it has 0.5% bha and that has cleared all my spots off my neck and chest! very good stuff.

Great! I'll look into the product. Thank you. :)

For some reason....I've had success with the AcneFree 8 oz cleanser...it's very inexpensive and comes with quite a bit. You can find it for about 6 bucks at any walmart...separate from the kit. Be sure to massage it in for at least 2 min...or just leave it on for a few. Gold Bond body powder also helps prevent these blackheads from forming and drying them out so they are easier to extract or just scrub off.

AHA based cleansers are bunk as far as the actual action of the AHA is concerned. Cleansing surfactants don't work well in the pH range that is required for AHA exfoliation, and the contact time with your face isn't long enough for your skin to absorb the active ingredients. You're literally washing what you paid for down the drain.

AHA based cleansers are bunk as far as the actual action of the AHA is concerned. Cleansing surfactants don't work well in the pH range that is required for AHA exfoliation, and the contact time with your face isn't long enough for your skin to absorb the active ingredients. You're literally washing what you paid for down the drain.

Yeah, I've heard about this and lately I am beginning to believe that theory. The only time I felt strong about any sort of wash was Ovace which is antibacterial. I used this with ciclopirox for folliculitis and this was the only thing that made the bumps go away. Unfortunately I do not have insurance anymore so I can say goodbye to the clear skin I once had. I wish I could find products that have the same type of ingredients in them :\ Anyways, if I didn't use the Ovace and just went with the ciclopirox cream then my skin would go to crap overnight.