Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

jw how many virgins we got here....21 yr old V here, slightly by choice, mostly not. if so just wondering any opinions on the topic...

17 years old, probably could have had sex with some slut by now but I don't really care enough to stoop to that. probably will next year.

Turning 19 in two month. Definitely not by choice. I want nothing more than a girlfriend.

It hasn't been about lack of options, but about lack of confidence, which I assume is the case for most people here. Even if I like a girl and she likes me back I won't pursue.

You might wanna edit your post relating to acne or else the big bad mods are gonna close it.

I'm also a virgin...I'm 19. I think everyone is a virgin by choice. Anyone here can get laid by SOMEONE, just probably not someone they actually want to have sex with haha.

You might wanna edit your post relating to acne or else the big bad mods are gonna close it.

I'm also a virgin...I'm 19. I think everyone is a virgin by choice. Anyone here can get laid by SOMEONE, just probably not someone they actually want to have sex with haha.

I don't know why you're so against the mods. We're just here to keep these boards safe, friendly, and organized.

And yes, threads on the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne board need to be kept on-topic, meaning that they need to be about the emotional and psychological effects of acne. We just posted a thread clarifying this not too long ago: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Attention...ne-t268912.html

I'm not a virgin but i've never had a girlfriend or been on a date even.

I guess it's choice or lack of balls. I don't lose sleep over it

but it would be nice to hard a girlfriend i supose.

i don't get the point of waiting for someone special, i really don't think it's that big of a deal. i guess i'm not much of a romantic. although that said, i did lose mine to someone who at the time meant the world to me.

I think it's a big deal for some girls but not really for guys

I lost it when i was 14. I thought i would of got loads after that

but it hasn't been the case.

but why is it a big deal?

i'd recommend reading 'the purity myth' it's an interesting read.

There is a moral panic in America over young women’s sexuality — and it’s entirely misplaced. Girls “going wild” aren’t damaging a generation of women, the myth of sexual purity is. The lie of virginity — the idea that such a thing even exists — is ensuring that young women’s perception of themselves is inextricable from their bodies, and that their ability to be moral actors is absolutely dependent on their sexuality. It’s time to teach our daughters that their ability to be good people depends on their being good people, not on whether or not they’re sexually active.

A combination of forces — our media- and society-driven virginity fetish, an increase in abstinence-only education, and the strategic political rollback of women’s rights among the primary culprits — has created a juggernaut of unrealistic sexual expectations for young women. Unable to live up to the ideal of purity that’s forced upon them in one aspect of their lives, many young women are choosing the hypersexualized alternative that’s offered to them everywhere else as the easier — and more attractive — option.

but why is it a big deal?

i'd recommend reading 'the purity myth' it's an interesting read.

There is a moral panic in America over young women’s sexuality — and it’s entirely misplaced. Girls “going wild” aren’t damaging a generation of women, the myth of sexual purity is. The lie of virginity — the idea that such a thing even exists — is ensuring that young women’s perception of themselves is inextricable from their bodies, and that their ability to be moral actors is absolutely dependent on their sexuality. It’s time to teach our daughters that their ability to be good people depends on their being good people, not on whether or not they’re sexually active.

A combination of forces — our media- and society-driven virginity fetish, an increase in abstinence-only education, and the strategic political rollback of women’s rights among the primary culprits — has created a juggernaut of unrealistic sexual expectations for young women. Unable to live up to the ideal of purity that’s forced upon them in one aspect of their lives, many young women are choosing the hypersexualized alternative that’s offered to them everywhere else as the easier — and more attractive — option.

Girls that don't think it's a big deal and have sex with everyone get no respect and are called bad names.