Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leo Messi

Subcision, Derma Roller + accutane?

Hi Guys!

I was wondering how long does one need to wait before doing a subcision or “rolling†after stopping a short 1.5 months course of accutane?

I’ve been now 7 months off accutane, is there any possbility that the minor damage caused by the derma roller to induce extra collagen production would prevent my skin from recovery, like for example would those holes made by the short needles not close?

That would be a terrifying experience I guess and that’s what keeps me out of any treatments right now.

I've spoken to couple of docs, but the opinions seem to vary. Some claim that you've got wait for 2 YEARS!? Some say a year, Dr Chad Patters however, sais that 6 months waiting is perfectly fine (he made a scietific research on this). But still, I'm pretty much confused. I'd really appreciate any advise that i can get guys. Maybe some of you had personal experience of doing scar treatments after accutane?

I'm in the same boat as you. I want subcision, but not dermarolle though.

I've heard 8 months, but then I've heard a year. I'll probably wait a year, which is five more months. I'm also 7 months out. :)

Were you only on tane for 1.5 months? If so, that may change it a lot.

Yep, only 1.5 months. Not that much I guess. What do you mean by saying that it might change it a lot? you mean to a neatgive point? How long you've been on tane?

Hi Guys!

I was wondering how long does one need to wait before doing a subcision or “rolling” after stopping a short 1.5 months course of accutane?

I’ve been now 7 months off accutane, is there any possbility that the minor damage caused by the derma roller to induce extra collagen production would prevent my skin from recovery, like for example would those holes made by the short needles not close?

That would be a terrifying experience I guess and that’s what keeps me out of any treatments right now.

I've spoken to couple of docs, but the opinions seem to vary. Some claim that you've got wait for 2 YEARS!? Some say a year, Dr Chad Patters however, sais that 6 months waiting is perfectly fine (he made a scietific research on this). But still, I'm pretty much confused. I'd really appreciate any advise that i can get guys. Maybe some of you had personal experience of doing scar treatments after accutane?

heya, im in the same boat as you. im on accutane now and wondering how long i should wait before having a treatment. 2 years does seem overly extreme. the 6 month to a year mark seems about right. i know im going to start tca crossing around 6 months after i finish, so id say you'll be fine if you did it now. (mainly because i want them fixed badly).

the most important point (as ive been told) is to see how your skin reacts. if your skin is slow healing, there may still be a problem. if your skin is producing oil and healing normally again, you should be fine. ultimately though, you are the best judge :)

you can pick up a liver detox kit if you are really worried. that might help the accutane pass out of your liver more quickly. i have no evidence to prove this however.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Hi Guys!

I was wondering how long does one need to wait before doing a subcision or “rolling” after stopping a short 1.5 months course of accutane?

heya, im in the same boat as you. im on accutane now and wondering how long i should wait before having a treatment. 2 years does seem overly extreme. the 6 month to a year mark seems about right. i know im going to start tca crossing around 6 months after i finish, so id say you'll be fine if you did it now. the most important point (as ive been told) is to see how your skin reacts. if your skin is slow healing, there may still be a problem. if your skin is producing oil and healing normally again, you should be fine. ultimately though, you are the best judge :)

Do i cut myself to check if my skin would heal ok? thats an ultimate question))), my skin does somewhat produce oil, but not like it did prior using accutane, so I'm a bit stuck now and donno what to do. Waiting and living with scars day after day is the worst! but spending tons of money and ending up with even more is way worse, so i'd wait another month or so, just to be on the safe side... But I believe 6 months is perfectly fine, i've seen Dr Chad's post on realself about this and he seems pretty convincing, I mean he doesn't wanna screw he's own reputation probably

Hi Guys!

heya, im in the same boat as you. im on accutane now and wondering how long i should wait before having a treatment. 2 years does seem overly extreme. the 6 month to a year mark seems about right. i know im going to start tca crossing around 6 months after i finish, so id say you'll be fine if you did it now. the most important point (as ive been told) is to see how your skin reacts. if your skin is slow healing, there may still be a problem. if your skin is producing oil and healing normally again, you should be fine. ultimately though, you are the best judge :)

Do i cut myself to check if my skin would heal ok? thats an ultimate question))), my skin does somewhat produce oil, but not like it did prior using accutane, so I'm a bit stuck now and donno what to do. Waiting and living with scars day after day is the worst! but spending tons of money and ending up with even more is way worse, so i'd wait another month or so, just to be on the safe side... But I believe 6 months is perfectly fine, i've seen Dr Chad's post on realself about this and he seems pretty convincing, I mean he doesn't wanna screw he's own reputation probably

lol probably not. i must admit you are going to be doing some heavy duty scar revision. i guess with mine, i really want to try tca cross followed by fraxel repair. i see a tca cross as being less harmful than a fraxel repair as its in controlled doses. so its kind of starting up with the less intense treatments and building up to the bigger ones over the months as the skin becomes stronger. is there anything weaker you could perhaps try first?

Hi Guys!

lol probably not. i must admit you are going to be doing some heavy duty scar revision. i guess with mine, i really want to try tca cross followed by fraxel repair. i see a tca cross as being less harmful than a fraxel repair as its in controlled doses. so its kind of starting up with the less intense treatments and building up to the bigger ones over the months as the skin becomes stronger. is there anything weaker you could perhaps try first?

Yep, that's a right way of thinking, I agree with you, that you need to toughen up the skin before going for fraxel. Allthough, I personally don't consider the laser as an option - there are very high risks, just make a research, you'll find that there are tons of forums of IPL victims out there. So please dude, be very carefull. As for the CROSS, I'm certain that it can cause more harm then good on a weak skin, I consider CROSS as a last procedure after micro-needling sessions, which supposedly should thicken up your epidermis and clear up the shallow scarring IMHO. By the way, i've seen you pics and it seems that our scarring looks pretty much the same.

Take care bro. Keep in touch!