Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twizzlers

Why won't it all just go away????

I hate my face so much. I just don't understand why it won't go away. After I put my makeup on this morning my face still looked horrible..I just broke down and cried. I don't understand...I have been getting the facial treatments and using her products faithfully for a month now...why does it just seem to be getting worse! I feel like I should go and see a dermatologist but I'm to the point where I feel like they won't be able to help me either. I just want a magic pill or something that will make it go away..well I guess I will go and cry a little more. :cry:

I hate my face so much. I just don't understand why it won't go away. After I put my makeup on this morning my face still looked horrible..I just broke down and cried. I don't understand...I have been getting the facial treatments and using her products faithfully for a month now...why does it just seem to be getting worse! I feel like I should go and see a dermatologist but I'm to the point where I feel like they won't be able to help me either. I just want a magic pill or something that will make it go away..well I guess I will go and cry a little more. :cry:

:comfort: Don't hesitate to see a derm! You might be able to get accutane, which is that magic pill for a lot of people. I know the diet approach has worked for many as well. Acne is internal issue and needs to be treated from the inside out.

Hey wow, I've had those moments too. Spending ages to put on the makeup and then look in the mirror for the last time and almost break down, but continue to see if I can make it better... and if it doesn't seem to get any better I practically break down and refuse to go out. Cus I mostly only put makeup on when I go out :/.

You said it seems to be getting worse? Could it have been that time of the month where our hormones go berserk and makes our skin the same way? :/ I notice that I get acne as a symptom of PMS, about 2 weeks before. It's the worst acne time for me.

Honestly, I keep hearing people say that some treatments make your skin worse before it makes it better, but I feel like that's BS. At least from experience, I tried applying benzoyl peroxide 5% and it made my skin red and sensative and dry, just horrible in general. I kept up with it for about a week but it only kept getting worse despite the fact that I had a good moisturizer. I wasn't over applying either - 2 times a day. My skin took a whole lot more time than that to really heal from the redness and dryness and sensitiveness that came with BP. Try to find a product that works from day 1. I don't know your skin type, but I have combination/sensitive/oily skin and I started using some oily to combination skin treatment products from Yves Roches and it's helping me a lot. Started it about 3 weeks ago and the improvements are great, much less oily skin now at least :wub: which was really bugging me, cus I would often get up in the morning looking like I just had oil splashed at my face :(.

I agree with the person above as well. Try visiting a dermatologist. I'm envious cus I can't visit one where I live :(. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck =)

Maybe you have to accept it before it goes away. Like, I dunno. Once I accepted my skin for the way it was, it just got better. And since I didn't care anymore, it was just all around a good deal.

I takes a lot of time, it's really hard, and it won't happen in a day. But sometimes you've just got to accept the fact that your skin isn't the best and it won't be changing any time soon. You've got to just live your life and set your priorities straight, y'know? Worrying about your skin can't always be at the top of your list. Living should.

Maybe you have to accept it before it goes away. Like, I dunno. Once I accepted my skin for the way it was, it just got better. And since I didn't care anymore, it was just all around a good deal.

I takes a lot of time, it's really hard, and it won't happen in a day. But sometimes you've just got to accept the fact that your skin isn't the best and it won't be changing any time soon. You've got to just live your life and set your priorities straight, y'know? Worrying about your skin can't always be at the top of your list. Living should.

I agree with everything you said. Some times its hard to put it to the back of your mind

but you have to get on with life and and not let it run you.